Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"The Singing Bee" 7/31- 1980s

For this night only, all of tonight's songs on "The Singing Bee" will come from the 1980s!

The opening song was "Footloose".

First up tonight....the lady marked #8 with "My Prerogative" by Bobby Brown. She sung the target lyric as "Gettin' chicks is how I live"...not quite.

The boy at #42 had it with "Gettin' girls is how I...", but put "am" as the last word instead of "live"! Ouch.

The lady marked #102 totally blew it with "Ego trips is just my thing".

The #92 boy sung "Getting' chicks is how I am"....not quite.

The lady at #37 totally messed up with "That's just the way I am".

The #56 lady finally got "Gettin' girls is how I live" to advance to the next round.

New song..."Who Can It Be Now" by Men at Work. #8 sung the target lyric as "In my house today"....all wrong.

#42 sung "And here I'll have to stay"...bingo!

Next...."Holding Out For a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler. #102 sung the target line as "And he's gotta be fresh from the fight"....exacta!

Next....Gina Easton and "Morning Train". #92 sang the line as "N' Sync is better than New Kids"....he pretty much threw in the towel on that one. You might get away with that on "Don't Forget the Lyrics!", but not here.

#37 sung "To find me waitin' for him"...the Round 2 field is set!

#42 is Rico and #92 is Laura. The game here is the "unscramble the lyric" one.

First song, to Laura, is "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston. The target lyric has nine words. She sung the line as "I just like to talk when I watch your mouth"...NO WAY. It was "And when you talk I just watch my mouth".

Rico's first song is "The Safety Dance" by Men with Hats. The target actually asks for TWO lyrics. He sung "And if they don't dance well, they're no friends of mine"...he's in the final round!

#102 is Adrian and #37 is Pamela.

Adrian's first song..."All Out of Love" by Air Supply. There are 12 words in the target. She couldn't come up with it- it was "I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong".

Pamela's song...."Arthur's Theme" by Cristopher Cross. The target lyric begins the second series of lines for this song, and there are 11 words. She sung "When you get caught between the moon and New York City"...she will face Rico in the finals!

Rico's song in the finals...."I Love Rock n' Roll" by Joan Jett. He's....unsuccessful, as he screwed up his second target line.

Pamela's big opportunity could come from this song..."Ebony and Ivory" by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. She....messed up the middle word of the third lyric, so it's Sudden Death time.

Year...1985. The song was done by....Phil Collins. Pamela buzzes in and decides to play. The song is called "Sussudio". The target lyric follows "Now she don't even know my name". Did she sing the next lyric as "But I think she likes me just the same"?....




...yes indeed!

The first song in "The Final Countdown" is called "What I Like About You" by The Romantics. She sung the lyric as "Thinkin' about true romance"...but the first word was actually "Think", so it's strike one.

Next..."Flashdance" by Irene Cara. She sung the target as "Take your passion and make it happen" to get on the board.

Next...."Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top. She sung "'Cause every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man"....strike two. She shouldn't have added an "S" after "girl".

Next song, which could be her last..."The Tide is High" by Blondie. She sung the target as "I'm gonna be your number one"...she's still alive.

But that's the last song she would get right, as she messes up on "Superfreak". But like the last champ, she does leave with $10,000. The loss wasn't too surprising, since the gameplay was rather poor to me tonight.

The next episode will be on Monday at 8 PM. It will last an hour, and all contestants will be women.

No comments: