Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"America's Got Talent"- FINALS

Tonight, the four remaining acts will perform twice.

The first finalist is….




…Cas Haley! His first song will be selected by the judges, and his second will be his own choice. The first choice is “I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You” by Elvis Presley. I gave him a 9. All of the judges liked it, so he gets a TEN POINT BONUS for a new total of 52!

Second up…..






…Butterscotch! Her first song, as selected by the judges, was “What’s Going On” by Marvin Gaye. She totally violated her objective as a performer- she didn’t beat box even once during the song. Therefore, I only gave her a 3. Everyone except Piers Morgan liked it despite no beat-boxing, so I gave her a five-point bonus, making her new score 40.

Third up…..






…Terry Fator! His first song was “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks, in order to try to make him more contemporary. I gave him an 8 because it was too short, and that I’ve never heard of this song. All of the judges liked it, so he gets a TEN POINT BONUS for a new total of 54!

The last act to make it to the championship round…..











…Julienne Irwin, meaning BOTH The Glamazons and Sideswipe are eliminated. OUCH. As for the youngster, her first song was “What Hurts the Most” by Rascal Flatts. I gave her an 8. After listening to the judges’ reviews, I gave her a five-point bonus for a total of 32.

Haley is back to do “You Can Feel It All Over” by Stevie Wonder. I gave him another 9, and all of the judges liked it a lot, so he gets another TEN POINT BONUS for a grand total of 71!

Butterscotch then returns to do “Dance to the Music” by Sly and the Family Stone. I gave her a 10, and I doubled it because all of the judges enjoyed it! Her final score is 60.

Fator then tried “I’ll be Crying Over You” by Elton Britt, with a turtle doing the singing. I gave the performance a 10, and everyone liked it, so that’s doubled, meaning his final total is a leading 74!

Irwin then closed the show with “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”, which was sung brilliantly by Katherine McPhee on the “American Idol” finals in 2006. She did so on a moon platform (literally!). I gave her a 10, and all of the judges liked it, so that’s doubled, meaning her grand total of 52.

I sincerely hope that Butterscotch or Terry Fator wins this. I don't want another very young singer winning this.

No comments: