Monday, August 06, 2007

"The Singing Bee" 8/6

To start off, six contestants were picked to start the show. In Round 1, only three moved on to Round 2, not four.

The #26 man's up first with "Don't Cha" by the Pussycat Dolls and Busta Rhymes. This follows the first line of the chorus and comes in the middle of the second line. He sings "...was a freak like me"....right!

The #196 man now takes a shot with "I Know What Boys Like" by The Waitresses. The target follows the line "Boys like" being said twice. He sings "Boys like me"....2 for 2!

The man marked #84 then took a shot with "The Locomotion", which was done by several artists, including Grand Funk Railroad and Kylie Minogue. He sings the target as "If you give me a chance now"....just like that, that fills out the group of three!

#26 is D'Nez, #196 is David and #84 is Nicolas. Time for the scrambled lyric round, and D'Nez is first.

Song...."I'm the Only One" by Melissa Etheridge. The target follows after "The demons that you're hiding from". He messes up on the spot by starting with "I'm the only one...". It was "When all of your promises are gone, I'm the only one".

David then tries "Baby Love" by The Supremes. The target consists of the fifth and sixth lines of the song. He can't do it- it was "Tell me, what did I do wrong/To make you stay away so long".

Nicolas then takes a chance with "A Moment Like This" by the first ever "American Idol", Kelly Clarkson. The target is the second line of the chorus part of the song. He sings "Some people search for that one special kiss"...close, but no cigar. It was "Some people search forever for that one special kiss".

Back to D'Nez now with "Criminal" by Fiona Apple. The target is in the middle of the chorus. He sings "Because he loved me..."....UH, NO. It was "Because he's all I ever knew for love".

David is back up with "Closer to Fine" by the Indigo Girls. The target lyric is near the chorus part. He sings "Is to help take my life...."....wrong again. It was "Is to help take my life less seriously".

Nicolas tries again with "Push It" by Salt N' Pepa. He sings the target as "I can't hear music's..." and the audience groans quickly, and for a good reason. It was "Can't you hear the music's pumpin' hard like I wish you would". It's now time for Sudden Death.

The year is 1978, and the artist is Blondie. D'Nez rings in and decides to play the song, which is "Heart of Glass". He sings "It's just no good, you leave me in the"....NO, so he's out of here. Correct: "It's just no good, you teasing like you do".

After that, it's time for Sudden Death AGAIN, this time to determine this half's winner. Year this time: 1963. Artist: The Angels. Nicolas rings in and decides to pass it to David. The song..."My Boyfriend's Back", and David's never heard of this particular artist. He sings the target as "I'd take a permanent vacation"...he was lying all along- he's the winner! He will face the winner of the second half in the Championship Round to determine who will get a shot at the $50,000.

The second half starts with a boy marked #57, and his song is "Brass in Pocket" by The Pretenders. He sings "Give it to me" no problem to advance.

The lady marked #134 then tries "Son of a Preacherman" by Dusty Springfield. She sings....nothing.

The man at #161 takes a shot with "Son of a preacherman"....nice try, but that's too obvious.

The #44 lady then tries it with "The only boy who could ever teach me"....not gonna work.

The #2 lady then tries "He'd come along"...there ya go!

Next song- "I Love the Nightlife" by Alicia Bridges. The #184 guy sings the target line as "Under the disco skyyyyy"...the last word is wrong.

Back to #134, she sings "On the disco riiiiddddeee"....no.

#161 sings the line as "On the disco liiiiggghhhht"....still not right.

#44 has the last shot at it with "On the disco round, oh yeah"....that sends her to the next round!

#57 is Foots, #44 is Tiffany and #2 is Natalie.

Foots' first song in Round 2 is "Dancing Queen" by ABBA. The target consists of the fifth and sixth lines of the chorus. He sings "You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life"...you bet it is!

Natalie is up now with "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston. This is, I think, at the end of the chorus. She sings "'Cause only your good lovin' can set me free"....right!

Tiffany tried to stay alive with "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper. The target consists of the last few lines of the chorus. She sings "If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting.....time after time"...she almost forgot the end part, but she got it!

Foots is back up with "Big Spender" by Peggy Lee. He sings the target as "Say, wouldn't you like to know what's goin' on in my mind"...right again!

Natalie then returns to sing "Physical" by Olivia-Newton John. She sings the target as "There's nothing left to talk about...."....not enough, so she's out. It was "There's nothing left to talk about 'less, it's horizontally".

Tiffany needs to get this song to force Sudden Death. It's "Blue Bayou" by Linda Ronstadt. She sings "Through familiar eyes...."....NOPE, so Foots is in the Championship Round! Correct: "That familiar sunrise through sleepy eyes how happy I'd be".

David's song now...."Like a Virgin" by Madonna. His chorus guess is "Like a virgin, touched for the very first time; Like a virgin, with your heart beat"....he just missed it! The second part actually was "Like a virgin, when your heartbeat's next to mine".

Foots tries to take advantage with "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston. The chorus guess is "I get so emotional baby, when I hear...."....NO. The second part of that line was "Every time I think of you".

David tries again with "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benetar. He sings "We are young, heartache to heartache we stand; no promises no demands; Love is a battlefield; we are strong, no one can tell us we're wrong, searchin' our hearts for so long; both of us knowing, love is a battlefield"....right!

Foots needs this to force Sudden Death. The song is "It's My Party" by Lesley Gore. He sings "It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to; cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You would cry too, if it happened to you"...it's time for Sudden Death!

Year- 1964. Artist: Mary Poppins. Foots rings in and decides to pass to David. This song will decide it..."Supercalafragalisticexpialladocious". He sings the target as "Is something quite atrocious"....WINNER!

Time for "The Final Countdown", and the first song is "Dancing in the Street" by Martha & the Vandellas. David sings the target line as "....around the world"....he's on the board!

Second song..."I'll Be There" by Mariah Carey. He sings the line as "Just call my name"....two in a row!

Third song...."Stand By Your Man" by Tammy Wynette. He sings the target as "You love him"....got it again! Is he going to be the first to win the $50,000 by getting the first five songs right? I hope so.

Fourth song..."Something To Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt. He sings "How about love"....one to go!

Fifth song (and possibly the last)..."MacArthur Park" by Donna Summer. For $50,000, he sings "Cause I took so long to make it"....







....NO. It was "Cause it took so long to bake it".

Sixth song...."And I'm Tellin' You I'm Not Going" by Jennifer Hudson. He sings the line as "Better stay here too?"....NO FREAKIN' WAY. It was "You're gonna love me".

Final song..."The Best" by Tina Turner. He sings "Better than all the rest"......












....GIVE HIM THE CASH!

No comments: