Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"So You Think You Can Dance"- FINALS

In the finals, each of the four remaining must do three dances in pairs, as well as a solo. The one who I give the highest score tonight will get a FIFTEEN-POINT BONUS. Thus, each dancer can earn a possible 50 points. Penalties for bad judge reviews are still in effect. Here are the scores at this point:

Lacey Schwimmer- 81
Sabra Johnson- 79
Neil Haskell- 75
Danny Tidwell- 52

To start, the four all danced in a Broadway exhibition dance to “Mein Herr” by Liza Minnelli. I didn’t score this one.

Now, the real fun begins. Schwimmer did the night’s first solo to “Technologic” by Deft Punk. I gave it the full 5 points, giving her 86.

Johnson and Haskell then did the night’s first group dance, which was a Hip-Hop routine to “Whine Up” by Kat DeLuna with Elephant Man. This song is also the theme song to this year’s “WWE Summerslam”. I gave both a 10….BUT all the judges weren’t into the dance, so I decided to assess a TEN-POINT PENALTY, meaning neither one scores that round.

Schwimmer and Tidwell danced the Vietnamese Waltz to “Keep Holding On” by Avril Lavigne. I gave Schwimmer a 7 (her new total is 93) and Tidwell a 5 (his new total is 57).

Haskell then returned for his solo to “Gravity” by Shawn McDonald. I gave him a 4, making his new total 79.

Schwimmer and Johnson then danced to “Koyal” by Nitin Sawhney. I gave both a 9, but since both main judges (Lythgoe and Murphy) didn’t understand the dance, I gave both a TEN-POINT PENALTY. Schwimmer is now at 92 and Johnson is at 78.

Tidwell then did his solo to “We Are the Champions”. He did a PHENOMINAL job, so I gave him a 5 for a new total of 62, but after hearing from the judges, I decided to give him a TEN-POINT BONUS, for a total of 72!

The two male finalists then performed a Contemporary dance to “Are You The One?” by the Presets. I gave Haskell a 10 (for a total of 89) and Tidwell a 9 (for a total of 81).

Johnson then did the night’s final solo to “Wonderful World” by James Morrison. I gave her a 5 for a new total of 83.

Schwimmer and Haskell then danced for the last time tonight with a brand-new dance called the Nindy Hop. They did it to “Bill’s Bounce” by The Big Elliot Swing Orchestra. I gave both a 10, meaning Schwimmer’s final total is 102 and Haskell’s final total is 91.

Johnson and Tidwell did the night’s final dance, the Cha-Cha to “Gotta Get Down” by Celia Cruz. I also gave these two a 10, but all three thought it was lacking in the first part of the dance, so I decided to take five points away from both. Here are the final scores for each tonight:

Danny Tidwell- 34
Lacey Schwimmer- 21
Neil Haskell- 16
Sabra Johnson- 9

That means Tidwell gets tonight’s FIFTEEN-POINT BONUS! Here are my final scores:

Lacey Schwimmer- 102
Danny Tidwell- 101
Neil Haskell- 91
Sabra Johnson- 88

I think Schwimmer will just edge out Tidwell in the final two to become the first female to win this. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Tidwell wins this, either.

No comments: