Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"So You Think You Can Dance"- Top 6

Debbie Allen is the guest judge this week.

This week, each dancer will participate in two group dances and each will have to do a solo. Therefore, lots of points are at stake.

Pasha Kovalev drew as his partner tonight....Lacey Schwimmer! Their first dance was Hip Hop, and their second dance was Smooth Waltz. Their Hip-Hop was done to "In the Morning" by Junior Boys. The lady's statue pose at the start was simply magnificent. I gave her a 10 and the man a 9. Schwimmer now has 70 and Kovalev now has 68.

Sabra Johnson did the night's first solo to "Rock Your Soul" by Elisa. I HATED her solo, as her leg-spinning moves were incomplete, so I gave her a 1 for that, giving her 67.

Danny Tidwell drew....Lauren Gottlieb. Their first dance was be a Contemporary one, and the second will be a Disco one. The Contemporary routine was done to "Then You Look At Me" by Celiene Dion. I thought they were ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, especially when that lady took a spill in the middle of the routine, so I gave both a 1. But all of the judges thought the opposite direction, so I decided to give both a TEN POINT BONUS, meaning Gottlieb now has 53 and Tidwell now has 37.

Kovalev then did his solo to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler. I gave him a 2 for a new total of 70.

Neil Haskell and Sabra Johnson then realized they had to do a Jazz routine for their first dance and a Paso Doble for their second. Their Jazz routine was done to "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics, which was the theme song for the short-lived series "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart". Their dance centered around a big table. I absolutely loved their dancing, so I gave both a 10! Johnson now has 77 and Haskell now has 67.

Dancing a solo to "Sorry" by Maria Mena next was Gottlieb. I gave her a 3 for it, meaning she now has 56.

Kovalev and Schwimmer then returned to do their Smooth Waltz to "A Daisy in December" by Mick McAuley and Winifred Horan. Their dance wasn't long enough. I gave both an 8, meaning both Schwimmer and Kovalev each have 78.

Haskell then did his solo to "Out of my Hands" by the Dave Matthews Band. I gave him a 2 for a new total of 69.

Gottlieb and Tidwell then returned to do their Disco dance to "Don't Leave Me This Way" by The Communards. I gave both a 5, but all of the judges really liked it, so I doubled the 5s! That means Gottlieb finishes the night with a total of 66. Tidwell now has 47, but still had the night's last solo to do.

Doing a solo at this point was Schwimmer, and she did it to "Le Disco" by Shiny Toy Guns. I gave her a 3 for a final total of 81.

Haskell and Johnson returned to do their Paso Doble to "Espana Cani" by Juan and Gennaro. I decided to give Haskell a 6 and Johnson a 4 (she was too slow and choppy for me). Haskell finished with 75 and Johnson finished with 79.

Tidwell then closed the night with a solo to "The Fear You Won't Fall" by Joshua Radin. IMHO, his solo was by far and away the best of the night, so I gave him a 5 for a final total of 52. Here is the scoreboard:

Girls:
Lacey Schwimmer- 81
Sabra Johnson- 79
Lauren Gottlieb- 66

Guys:
Pasha Kovalev- 78
Neil Haskell- 75
Danny Tidwell- 52

Apparently, everybody danced well tonight, as far as the judges saw. Because of preseason NFL football tomorrow, the results show will now air on Monday at a special time of 8 PM, just before the season finale of "Hell's Kitchen". After that, the four survivors will dance for the championship in a two-hour performance show on Wednesday. Thursday's season finale will also be two hours.

No comments: