Because the regular models were not used last week, TWO models were eliminated this week. By virtue of last week's winner Joe Faris deciding to keep Topacio this week as his model, Germaine and Elena were cut.
THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE: Using car parts from a set of new Saturn VUE Hybrids (remember, this season's champion will win that car), each contestant had to make an outfit.
This week's guest judge is Rachael Zoe. Also, Nina Garcia was unable to appear on this episode, so Laura Bennett from Season 3 took her place this week.
As soon as the models were sent into the workroom for fitting, Kenley was given the bad news that her model Shannone had withdrawn from the competition, meaning Germaine would come back to take her place.
Jerell got off to a good start while Blayne and Stella had early troubles. Kenley's work was affected by Shannone's departure.
1. Jerell- Seat covers, carpets, resin moldings and metal dashboard trim
2. Keith- Seat covers, liners, cushion and cargo netting
3. Terri- Seat covers, carpets, cushions and cargo netting
4. Kenley- Air filters, seat covers, seat belts and window shades
5. Leanne- Seat covers, cushions and seat belts
6. Suede- Floor mats, sun visors, cargo netting and seat covers
7. Korto- Seat belts (She's taking a risk here by using only one car part)
8. Blayne- Seat belts and mirrors
9. Joe- Seat covers, cushions, seat belts and Saturn Sky logo
10. Stella- Seat belts, seat covers, seat backs, carpet stays and keys
Most of the remaining contestants chose seat cushions as one of their raw materials. This challenge was similar to the first one this season (the grocery store one) where most people used tablecloths, and a majority of the contestants were criticized in part for doing that. I'm not sure if the judges felt the same way when it came to this week's challenge with most using seat covers.
The first four to move on to the next episode in September:
Now, the winner this week and getting a free pass next week...
...Leanne Marshall! She's improved ever since being in the bottom two in Week 2. As for this week's bottom two:
For both, this is their second trip to the bottom two, but this is Keith's second time in a row here. The next contestant to be eliminated on their second trip to the danger zone is...