We begin Week 4 with:
Frederick Thomas (Philadelphia)- Bank/project coordinator/marathon runner
Sharon London- Marketing director for an electric vehicle company
Jonathan Ratter (originally from Tonawanda, NY)- Sales marketer
FREDERICK: 2 OF HEARTS
SHARON: 10 OF DIAMONDS
JONATHAN: ACE OF DIAMONDS
1. Which of the following is NOT a nickname for Batman?
A: The Dark Knight
B: The Caped Crusader
C: The Man of Steel
FREDERICK: The Man of Steel- YOU BET (100)
CARD: 7 OF DIAMONDS; KEEPS IT (9)
2. NY commuters ride the subway. In SF, they ride the BART. What do they ride in London?
JONATHAN: The Tube- RIGHT (100)
CARD: 2 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO SHARON (12)
3. A recent University of Michigan study revealed that having a husband does what to a woman?
A: Increases lifespan
B: Increases weight by 40 lbs.
C: Increases housework by 7 hours per week
JONATHAN: Lifespan- INCORRECT
FREDERICK: Housework- RIGHT (200)
CARD: ACE OF HEARTS; FREEZES AT 20
4. When I say Spiro Agnew, to what am I referring?
B: Vice President
JONATHAN: Vice President- YOU BET (200)
CARD: 4 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO SHARON (16)
5. Last June, Big Brown blew his Triple Crown bid by finishing dead last in what famous horse race?
A: Kentucky Derby
B: Belmont Stakes
JONATHAN: Preakness- NO
SHARON: Kentucky Derby- DOUBLE STUMPER
6. What's the name of Prince Charles' youngest son?
JONATHAN: Harry- CORRECT (300)
CARD: 7 OF HEARTS; BUSTS SHARON
CARD #7: 7 OF SPADES (8 or 18)
CARD #8: 4 OF HEARTS (12)
CARD #9: 5 OF DIAMONDS (17)
CARD #10: JACK OF SPADES; FREDERICK WINS (700)
ROUND 2 OPENING CARDS:
FREDERICK: 6 OF SPADES
SHARON: 10 OF CLUBS
JONATHAN: QUEEN OF HEARTS
1. What percentage of U.S. states must ratify an amendment before it is put into the Constitution?
JONATHAN: 67%- NO
SHARON: 75%- TRIPLE STUMPER
2. Whose painting of a soup can sold for over $11 million?
A: Jackson Pollock
B: Andy Warhol
C: Salvador Dali
FREDERICK: Warhol- YOU BET (800)
CARD: QUEEN OF SPADES; KEEPS IT (16)
3. It's a French word for "breathe". It's also a dessert made primarily from eggs. What is it?
FREDERICK: Souffle- RIGHT AGAIN (900); FREEZES AT 16
4. What celebrity played himself in the comedy hit "Knocked Up"?
A: Neil Patrick Harris
B: Ryan Seacrest
C: Alex Trebek (!!!)
JONATHAN: Ryan Seacrest- RIGHT (400)
CARD: JACK OF CLUBS; FREEZES AT 20
CARD #5: 4 OF SPADES (14)
CARD #6: QUEEN OF DIAMONDS- ELIMINATED
CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND BASE CARDS:
FREDERICK: ACE OF SPADES
JONATHAN: 6 OF CLUBS
1. John McCain's wife inherited her fortune through the sales of what?
C: Beauty products
FRDERICK: Beauty products- NO
JONATHAN: Beer- RIGHT
CARD: 3 OF SPADES; KEEPS IT (9)
2. In the famous poem "Casey at the Bat", what town does Casey play for?
FREDERICK: Mudville- YOU BET
CARD: 6 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO JONATHAN (15)
3. Before creating "Desperate Housewives", Marc Cherry was a writer for what other show featuring four notable women?
A: "Sex and the City"
FREDERICK: "The Golden Girls"- CORRECT
He needs at least a 6 to win the game.
CARD: 3 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO JONATHAN (18)
4. Which of the following styles of art is best associated with Pablo Picasso?
A: Abstract Expressionism
JONATHAN: Cubism- RIGHT; FREEZES AT 18
CARD #5: 10 OF SPADES- WIN!
Super Catch 21: With two Power Chips and six chances...he can't make anything.