We have as our players tonight:
Kim (originally from Alabama)- Realtor in Beverly Hills
Gary (L.A.)- Radio announcer
Mary Kay (L.A.)- Part-time dog walker
OPENING CARDS IN ROUND 1:
KIM: JACK OF DIAMONDS
GARY: 7 OF SPADES
MARY KAY: KING OF HEARTS
1. According to Forbes, which celebrity divorce settlement was for the most money?
GARY: Neil Diamond- ZONK ANSWER OF THE WEEK NOMINEE
The choices for the two ladies:
A: Paul McCartney & Heather Mills
B: Michael & Juanita Jordan
MARY KAY: McCartney & Mills- NO
KIM: Michael & Juanita Jordan- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 4 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO MARY KAY (14)
2. In the famous 1851 painting of George Washington standing in a boat, what river is he crossing?
GARY: Potomac- INCORRECT
Choices for the women:
MARY KAY: Delaware- RIGHT (100)
CARD: 2 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO KIM (12)
3. In one of the last shipments before the armed set of Winter, a U.S. research base in Antarctica received a supply of 16,500 what?
GARY: Condoms- RIGHT (100)
CARD: 2 OF SPADES; KEEPS IT (9)
4. Which of these villains has NOT battled Spider-Man on the big screen?
A: Green Goblin
B: General Zod
C: Doctor Octopus
MARY KAY: Dr. Octopus- WRONG
GARY: General Zod- RIGHT AGAIN (200)
CARD: JACK OF HEARTS; BUSTS KIM
5. Which of the following has three hearts?
GARY: Iguana- NO
MARY KAY: Octopus- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 10 OF SPADES, WHICH IS PASSED TO GARY (19)
6. Last June, what famous performer revealed that he was in danger of foreclosure on his multi...?
MARY KAY: Ed McMahon- YOU BET (300); GOES ON
If this next card is anything but an Ace or deuce, she wins the round.
CARD: 2 OF CLUBS; KEEPS IT (16)
7. The discovery of the Rosetta Stone made the translation of what possible for the first time?
A: Dead Sea Scrolls
B: Egyptian Hieroglyphs
C: The Koran
GARY: Dead Sea Scrolls- NO
MARY KAY: Hierglyphs- RIGHT AGAIN (400); GOES ON
Same situation as the last turn.
CARD: 4 OF DIAMONDS; WIN (900)
ROUND 2 OPENING CARDS:
KIM: ACE OF CLUBS
GARY: 6 OF SPADES
MARY KAY: 7 OF CLUBS
1. According to a 2008 Autovantage Road Rage Survey, what city has the least courteous drivers in the U.S.?
GARY: Miami- RIGHT (300)
CARD: 7 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO MARY KAY (14)
2. In 2002, a Justin Timberlake single was rumored to be about his ex Britney Spears cheating on him. Name the song.
MARY KAY: "Cry Me a River"- RIGHT (1,000)
CARD: 8 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO GARY (14)
3. Which of the following is NOT a character in the "Alice in Wonderland" stories?
A: The Mad Hatter
B: The Red Rabbit
MARY KAY: Red Rabbit- RIGHT AGAIN (1,100)
CARD: 8 OF HEARTS; BUSTS GARY
4. "Trevor tried to tickle Tina today" is an example of what?
KIM: Alliteration- RIGHT (200)
CARD: KING OF CLUBS- GARY ELIMINATED
For the second episode in a row, we have only women competing in the final.
CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND OPENING CARDS:
KIM: JACK OF SPADES
MARY KAY: QUEEN OF DIAMONDS
1. A study published in last June's edition of Prevention Magazine found what smell encourages women to spend money on pricey items?
B: Baked goods
C: Fresh flowers
KIM: Lavender- INCORRECT
MARY KAY: Baked goods- RIGHT
CARD: 8 OF SPADES; PASSES TO KIM (18)
2. A collection of free goods given to celebs at red carpet events is referred to as what?
A: Swag bag
MARY KAY: Swag bag- RIGHT AGAIN
If this next card is anything but a deuce or a three, she's the champ.
CARD: 6 OF HEARTS- WIN!
Super Catch 21: Mary Kay has two Power Chips at her disposal. After using both of them up and after her fifth chance, here's what's on the board...
HAND #1: (QH)(JC) = 20
HAND #2: (9H)(4S) = 13
HAND #3: (9D)(2H) = 11
CARD #6: KING OF SPADES; HAND #3 CLEARED ($1,000)- QUITS
CARD #7: 7 OF CLUBS
CARD #8: JACK OF DIAMONDS
She takes home two grand tonight, and we sincerely hope she doesn't spend it all on cosmetics that bear her own name!