We wrap up Week 3 with:
Andy Wolfe (California)- Teacher/professional puppeteer
Karen (UCPD)- Police officer
Henry (Beverly Hills)- Residential real estate
ANDY: 6 OF SPADES
KAREN: 7 OF DIAMONDS
HENRY: 10 OF SPADES
1. Which of these words has been around the longest?
ANDY: Skyscraper- NO
KAREN: Stenography- YES (100)
CARD: 4 OF SPADES; KEEPS IT (11)
2. In the Presidential Election, which state has the most electoral votes?
B: New York
HENRY: California- YOU BET (100)
CARD: 7 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO ANDY (13)
3. A Canadian law requires shopowners to hide what from their customers?
A: Men's magazines
ANDY: Cigarettes- RIGHT (100)
CARD: 2 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO HENRY (12)
4. In the U.S., if it's the second Sunday in May, you'd better call your what?
HENRY: Mother- YOU BET (200)
CARD: 7 OF HEARTS; KEEPS IT AND FREEZES AT 19
5. Which of the following is the name of an American ballet company?
ANDY: Joffrey- CORRECT (200)
CARD: JACK OF CLUBS; BUSTED
CARD #6: JACK OF DIAMONDS; WIN (600)
ROUND 2 OPENING CARDS:
ANDY: JACK OF SPADES
KAREN: KING OF HEARTS
HENRY: KING OF SPADES
1. The star of "Hannah Montana" recently changed her real name to Miley Ray Cyrus from what?
A: Faith Charity Cyrus
B: Destiny Hope Cyrus
C: Mullet Cyrus
KAREN: Faith Charity Cyrus- NO
HENRY: Destiny Hope Cyrus- YES (300)
CARD: 9 OF SPADES; PASSES TO ANDY (19)
2. Which is NOT a form of female contraceptive?
ANDY: Blockade- RIGHT (300); GOES FOR IT
CARD: 6 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO KAREN (16)
3. Which TV series is NOT a spin-off of another TV show?
A: "Private Practice"
B: "Cold Case"
C: "Boston Legal"
KAREN: "Cold Case"- RIGHT (700)
CARD: 7 OF SPADES; BUSTS ANDY
4. If you studied Petrology, you would know a lot about what?
KAREN: Paper- NO WAY
HENRY: Rock- RIGHT (400); ANDY ELIMINATED
He needs an Ace or anything higher than a five to win Round 2.
CARD: 8 OF HEARTS; WIN
KAREN: 9 OF CLUBS
HENRY: 5 OF CLUBS
1. According to an article in the L.A. Times Food section, dental floss is good for cutting what?
HENRY: Fish- INCORRECT
KAREN: Cheesecake- RIGHT
CARD: QUEEN OF CLUBS; FREEZES AT 19
CARD #2: 8 OF DIAMONDS (13)
CARD #3: 6 OF CLUBS (TIED AT 19)
FINAL CARD: ACE OF DIAMONDS- WIN AT THE LAST SECOND! (20)
Super Catch 21: With two Power Chips...here's what we have after six chances and no Power Chips remaining:
HAND #1: (8H)(10S)(3S) = CLEARED
HAND #2: (9S)(QS) = 19
HAND #3: (KS)(4C) = 14
He decides to...double his base $1,000. He would've gone broke on the next card, a 9 of Diamonds.