This week has a 1980s theme, including the workouts!
Challenge: The remaining seven contestants now hang on to a rope attached to a barrel with 50% of their body weights in water form. At the same time, they must answer questions about the 1980s. Correct answers allow contestants to have water (25% more in body weight) added to another contestant's barrel, but incorrect answers put the extra water in their barrel. The last contestant standing wins stereo headsets for their entire family, two Motorola wireless workout recordings with Bob Harper, and a choice between a $5,000 bonus for themself or a ONE POUND PENALTY to another contestant.
1. According to Prevention Magazine, since 1980, the obesity rates have nearly:
ED: Quadrupled- INCORRECT (A: Doubled)
2. In the 80's, once of the most popular workout videos promised to give you buns of what?
HEBA: Steel- YOU BET; ADDS EXTRA WATER FOR COLEEN
3. T or F: The National Institute of Health classified obesity as a disease in 1985.
COLEEN: True- CORRECT; ADDS EXTRA WATER FOR ED
ED ELIMINATED FIRST
4. The percentage of Americans with diabetes has increased by what percent since 1980?
COLEEN: 100%- WRONG (A: 300%)
5. T or F: 20 years ago, U.S. teenage boys drank twice as much milk as soda. Today, they drink twice as much soda as milk.
AMY: True- YES INDEED; ADDS EXTRA WATER FOR VICKY
6. Today, the most commonly purchased women's dress size in America is a size 14. In 1985, it was a size:
RENEE: 12- THAT'S TOO MUCH (A: 8)
AMY ELIMINATED SECOND
COLEEN ELIMINATED THIRD
7. Today, women between the ages of 20 & 39 are eating an average of 385 extra calories a day compared to the 1980s. That's enough to gain how many pounds in one year?
HEBA: 20- NOT ENOUGH (A: 26.7)
VICKY ELIMINATED FOURTH
8. Who won a Grammy for best video of the year in 1982 for a music video that featured her working out in a leotard?
HEBA: Olivia Newton-John- CORRECT; ADDS EXTRA WATER FOR RENEE, WHO NOW HAS 125% WORTH OF BODY WEIGHT IN HER BARREL
HEBA ELIMINATED FIFTH
That was the last question, because the winner is...
...Michelle! For her final prize of this challenge, she gives a ONE POUND PENALTY to Vicky.
Michelle: 186 lbs, 8 pounds lost, 4.12%
Renee: 207 lbs, 8 pounds lost, 3.72%
Ed: 262 lbs, 11 pounds lost, 4.03%
Heba: 231 lbs, 7 pounds lost, 2.94%
Coleen: 167 lbs, 3 pounds lost, 1.76%
Amy C.: 173 lbs, 8 pounds lost, 4.42%
To avoid possible elimination, Vicky must have lost at least seven pounds...
Vicky: 187 lbs, 6 pounds lost, 2.59% (with penalty)
...that darn penalty got her; she joins Coleen in the Danger Zone.
ELIMINATION: By a vote of 3-2...
...Coleen Skeaback is going home.