TONIGHT'S $5,000-WINNING SPIN ID: TA02752
Go for the Green: This is Episode 15.
TRIP AT STAKE: Cabo San Lucas
1. What is World of Good?
A: Environmental loan charity
B: Enviro-friendly goods website
Answer: The website
2. How are Jekarta police reducing their carbon footprint?
A: Eliminating paper traffic trickets
B: Patrolling on rollerblades
Answer: Patrolling on rollerblades
CONSERVATION QUESTION (11 players left): What dangerous chemical is in CFL bulbs?
Only five got that right, so for just the third time ever, I do believe, this happens...
CONSERVATION QUESTION #2: According to WalkScore.com, which city is more walkable?
Four got that right, but one is dismissed for being too slow. These eight made it to Round 2: Yvette (Arcadia, CA), Alexis Russo (Atlanta), Ronnie Sidel (surfer), Sebastian Setina (has a teenage daughter), Asia Davis (Jamestown, CA), Anitra (a certified message therapist), Scarlet Franklie (a plastic hater) & Ryan Poward.
1. IN CONTROL: Asia
CATEGORY: Recycling- CHALLENGES YVETTE
A woman built a house out of a recycled what?
A: Boeing 747 jet
B: Army tank
C: Coast Guard boat
GUESS: Coast Guard boat- INCORRECT (A: Boeing 747)
2. IN CONTROL: Ryan
CATEGORY: Entertainment- TAKES QUESTION
What entertainer transported 30 trunks on her latest tour?
A: Barbra Streisand
C: Melissa Etheridge
GUESS: Madonna- RIGHT; ELIMINATES SEBASTIAN
3. IN CONTROL: Asia
CATEGORY: Energy conservation- TAKES QUESTION
How did Japanese businessmen save energy?
A: Compressed workweek into three days
B: Ate only raw foods
C: Switched from suits to light clothing
GUESS: Ate only raw foods- NO (A: Switched from suits to light clothing)
4. IN CONTROL: Scarlet
CATEGORY: Science- CHALLENGES ALEXIS
A biodegradable motor oil can be made from what organic material?
C: Cow fat
GUESS: Lentis- WRONG (A: Cow fat)
5. IN CONTROL: Ryan
CATEGORY: Tires- TAKES QUESTION
Discarded tires can be ground up and used for what?
A: Athletic tracks
C: Surgical materials
GUESS: Athletic tracks- RIGHT AGAIN; ELIMINATES ANITRA
6. IN CONTROL: Scarlet
CATEGORY: Olympics- CHALLENGES RONNIE (Ryan clinches Chain Game berth)
What has Vladimir Putin done to green up the 2014 Olympics?
A: Switched to lead-free bullets in shooting events
B: Moved bobsled tracks from endangered species
C: Demanded use of greywater for ice rinks
GUESS: Greywater use for ice rinks- SORRY (A: Moved bobsled tracks)
CHAIN GAME: Scarlet won the coin toss and will go first. The topic this time- according to WorldWatch.com, place the following seven countries in order of yearly meat consumption per capita from greatest to least.
SCARLET'S OPENING TRY:
INDIA RIGHT- 35.3
GERMANY & INDIA RIGHT- 58.1
#1, #2, #4 & #7 RIGHT- 89.6
RYAN'S FIRST TRY:
JAPAN RIGHT- 63.9 LEFT
NO PROGRESS- 44.9 LEFT
NO PROGRESS, LOSES- 8.6 LEFT
That last try of hers allows Scarlet to hang on for the win; sorry that Ryan didn't win, because I felt he played a good game up until here. Correct order:
Game Show In My Head: Both contestants tonight are male. Tonight's first player is Ron Ramsey, a telemarketer from Detroit.
1. While in a portapotty that hasn't been cleaned in a month, he must have somebody give him reading material, another for some tissue and finally get another person to join him in a one-minute conversation.
RESULT: PASS ($5,000)
2. Act like he's going to sleep next to somebody in a cafe and rest on their shoulder for 30 seconds; he gets three opportunities to succeed in this task.
B: PASS ($10,000)
3. Crawl under someone else's table and convince them to spy on his nearby cheating girlfriend by taking a picture of her.
RESULT: PASS ($15,000)
4. Repeatedly yell out these three questions that other people must answer correctly:
A: Who sings "Sexyback"?
B: Spell "beliguent".
C: NA- FAIL; DIDN'T GET PAST SECOND QUESTION
5. Get a stranger to write down his driver's license and give his thumbprint; the contestant must then ask to borrow his identity.
RESULT: FAIL (didn't borrow identity at end)
THE BIG TASK: While using a broken down hurse, he must get somebody to help put a coffin into it, then engage in a moment of silence and a group hug before delivering the coffin to its final resting place.
RESULT: PASS- WINS $30,000
Trying to do even better is Michael Rinzler from Clifton, NJ (who is a toy marketing executive).
1. Ask another guy to tell him what the name and color of his trousers is; the trousers themselves must be shown.
RESULT: PASS ($5,000)
2. Convince a woman to dump his angry girlfriend by handing her his cell phone; she must then tell the "girlfriend" (which is Joe Rogan in disguise) that she was with him last night, she's been too needy and emotional and their relationship is over.
RESULT: PASS ($10,000)
3. A lady on the bench named Betty serves as his "mom" for this challenge. They must get a male stranger to pose as Paul, a rich Ivy League doctor, and take him on a date with Betty immediately.
RESULT: PASS ($15,000)
4. Get a female to flirt with a guy talking on the cell phone and take three pictures- both holding hands, the woman running her fingers through the guy's hair and a hug/kiss.
RESULT: FAIL (no pictures at all)
5. Get a woman to give up their shoes for $20.
RESULT: PASS ($20,000)
THE BIG TASK: While serving as an infomercial host about some new smoothies, he must get one person to give a positive testimonial about all three smoothies. All of them are made with disgusting ingredients:
A: Raw garlic, sour mix & horseradish
B: Beets, raw onions & vinegar
C: Ground up whole fish, sardines & clam juice
The press releases stated that failing any task lost the whole thing; it turned out to be a lie. Michael still leaves with $20,000.