This week's guest judge is Stephen Starr.
QUICKFIRE CHALLENGE #9: Create one dish to showcase a prospective restaurant.
Since we've gone past the midway point of the season, immunity is now out of play. Two winners were chosen for this challenge.
Carla: Cod seared in tomato oil w/ Italian salsa & mache green salad- DUD (not enough salt)
Hosea: Shrimp w/ morel mushroom cream sauce, garlic potato puree & poached asparagus
Leah: Tempura poussin w/ dashi soy sauce & rice wine vinegar
Stefan: Fried white asparagus w/ trout, asparagus salad & white asparagus soup
Jeff: Grilled salmon w/ sunchoke & artichoke puree, grilled corn & asparagus salad- DUD (too mushy)
Radhika: Pan-seared cod w/ butter braised corn, spinach & chorizo w/ cream sauce
Jamie: Chilean sea bass w/ creamed corn, bacon, peas & garlic scape
Fabio: Tuna & swordfish carpaccio, roasted vegetable salad & filet mignon sandwich- DUD (too salty)
The winners were...
...Radhika & Leah! They each became a team captain for the next Elimination Challenge.
ELIMINATION CHALLENGE #9: It's that time again- RESTAURANT WARS! Here are the teams:
1. Radhika, Jamie, Carla, Jeff
2. Leah, Hosea, Fabio, Stefan
Each team had a $3,000 shopping budget, and they had six hours to prep at Bridgewater's. Here were the restaurant names for both teams:
Team Radhika: Sahana
Team Leah: Sunset Lounge
The Leah & Hosea love story continues, since they're both still alive.
1. Whole-wheat naan bread w/garlic oil
2. Curried carrot soup w/ smoked paprika & raita
3. Chickpea cake w/ seared scallop, masala tomato sauce & arugula salad
1. White lentil tabouli, seared snapped, tomato water & pea shoots
2. Cinnamon & saffron braised lamb shank w/ Israeli couscous
1. Spiced chocolate cake, creme fromage & cashew brittle- DUD
2. Fig & minted frozen yogurts w/ baklava cigars- DUD
Amuse-bouche: Vegetable roll w/ mushrooms, carrots, cabbage & sweet chili sauce- DUD
1. Tuna & salmon sashimi, radish salad & Yuzu vinaigrette
2. Coconut curry bisque w/ shrimp dumplings
1. Braised beef short ribs w/ ginger vegetables & beef demi-glace
2. Seared black cod w/ fresh vegetables & Chinese cabbage- DUD (fish was undercooked; the underneath part was too salty)
1. Chocolate rice parfait, grapefruit jelly & pineapple
2. Lemongrass & ginger panna cotta peach puree w/ ginger honey
Palate cleanser: Frozen mango, bitter chocolate & mint lollipop
The winners were...
...by a narrow margin, Sunset Lounge! The individual winner was Stefan; he got some GE appliances. Stefan is the first three-time Elimination Challenge winner this season!
The Sahana member sent packing this week was...
...captain Radhika Desai.