TPIR: Episode 4801K starts off with Katherine Thomas, Jeffrey Lyon, McCall Lawrence and Glemious Chatters. Behind the green door (Door #3) is today's first IUFB, an outdoor theatre system (Amber).
Glemious from the state of Washington plays Double Prices at the blue door (Door #2) for an outdoor kitchen island (Rachael), which is either $6,995 or $7,995. She goes with $6,995...that's not enough.
The fifth player is Mildred Grove and the second IUFB behind the rising sign is a Dahon 20" bicycle (Lanisha).
Katherine from Texas plays One Away (Rachael) for a Ford F-150 (Amber; the Door #3 zoom-in is used). Board:
$ 3 3 , 5 7 6
Her first guess:
$ 2 4 , 6 8 5
Only two honks go out from the Mighty Sound Effects Lady. She changes to this...
$ 2 2, 4 6 5
...the all red strategy doesn't work today. ARP: $22,487.
Coming on down sixth is John Shadalain and the third IUFB is a Dell computer system (Amber & Rachael).
John from Salt Lake City, UT plays Hi-Lo for an Ashley bedroom (Lanisha) worth $5,877. Products are 9 Lives cat food, Gold Bond Powder, a six pack of V8 Low Sodium, energy hand soap, Capzasin-HP and a Tide To Go pen. First pick is the Capzasin at $14.09. Secondly, he picks the hand soap...six bucks. Finally, he picks the cat food at $7.66. Unfortunately, we have a winless first half, because the powder is $7.27. The juice was $3.69 and the bleach pen was $3.29.
SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN #1:
Katherine: 45 + Quarter = $.70
John: 50 + 20 = $.70
Glemious: 45 + 95 = OVER
Katherine, the lowest winner this half, gets to the Showcase.
Trying to become the day's first winner next is Cari Cultzsco and the fourth IUFB on the turntable is a Bull BBQ (Rachael).
Mildred, who has been waiting a few days in the audience just to get selected, plays 1 Right Price for workout clothes (Rachael) and a five-station home gym (Amber). Lanisha has today's ORP of $1,643 and Mildred has that placed on the home gym...but it's just $1,195. At least her one-bid prize was worth more than either one of those prizes.
Hoping to do better is Shane Hudson and the next IUFB behind the splitting sign is an electric guitar w/ accessories (Amber & Lanisha; guitar played by Sau).
Cari plays the hot Any Number for either Cutco knives (Rachael) or a Hyundai Elantra (Std., AutoArmor, WLocks)(Lanisha at Door #2).
1. 5- Knives ($ _ _ 5)
2. 7- Pig ($ 7 . _ _)
3. 9- Knives ($ 9 _ 5)
4. 8- CAR ($ 1 8 , _ _ _)
5. 0- Pig ($ 7 . _ 0)
6. 4- Wins knives ($945)
The winning streak here is history and today's losing streak continues. The ARP of the car was $18,261 and the piggy bank had $7.30 in it today.
The one who could be a hero is today's final participant, Patricia Lavue and the final IUFB is Royal Prestige cookware (Amber at the clam).
TODAY'S FIRST FOUR BREAKFAST CLUB MEMBER: Jeffrey
McCall makes it just in time to play Punch a Bunch (Lanisha with the big bill). Today's SPs are modeled by Rachael.
1. Photo album
IS NOT: $50
PICK: LOWER- $38
2. Black & Decker five-speed blender
IS NOT: $60
PICK: HIGHER- $50
3. Bushnell GPS finder
IS NOT: $80
PICK: LOWER- $90
4. Bluetooth phone speaker kit
IS NOT: $115
PICK: LOWER- $130
Her only punch is located at #12...
...no $25,000, so we've been SKUNKED today. But she does win $500.
I liked the lineup as is today.
TODAY'S WIN AT HOME PRIZE: Mitsubishi 65" DLP HDTV
SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN #2:
Cari ($1,644): $.95
Mildred ($2,800; needs assistance from Drew): 35 + 60 = $.95
McCall ($3,697): $.95
THREE WAY DANCE SPIN-OFF:
SPIN-OFF, TAKE 2
SPIN-OFF, TAKE 3
After that tense spin battle, Mildred gets the Top Winner spot in today's Showcase!
Video Bonus: Second Triple Spin-Off of the season
The first Showcase has outdoor furniture (Amber at Door #1), a trip to Barbados (Lanisha at the audience screen) and a Yamaha Waverunner (Rachael at Door #3).
MILDRED PASSES TO KATHERINE; KATHERINE BIDS $14,250 ON OUTDOORS SHOWCASE- STAGE GARF
MY BID FOR OUTDOORS SHOWCASE: $22,500
Mildred's Showcase contains dinners for a year from Amazing Clubs (Lanisha), trips to NYC & Japan (Amber at Door #2) and a check for $2,000 (which is also 191,530 in Yen).
MILDRED BIDS $20,150 ON TRIPS SHOWCASE
MY BID FOR TRIPS SHOWCASE: $18,500
OVER- KATHERINE WINS
Katherine wins $19,874 in prizes. Let's hope that was the last skunking of the season.
Cash Cab: This is the last episode of the season. First up, heading to 55th & Lex, are a pair of fireman gear sellers- Noem & Nate. They're playing a 37-block game.
1. Classier than Cancun, what Mexican resort town is abbreviated PV by American tourists in the know?
Guess: Puerto Vallarta- CORRECT ($50)
2. The sight of occassional piercings, the septum is a cartilage located in what part of the human body?
Guess: Nose- RIGHT ($100)
3. In 1986 what NBC parent company inspired David Letterman to joke that NBC would soon air a miniseries on the toaster oven?
Guess: General Electric- YOU BET ($150)
4. Preparing youths for trailside triage, what specific merit badge has been required for every Eagle Scout since 1912?
Guess: First Aid Badge- RIGHT ($200)
1. Familiar to worshippers of Wicka, what term does the American Heritage Dictionary define as "an assembly of 13 witches"?
Guess: Covenant- RIGHT ($300)
2. In 1783 a sheep, a duck and a rooster became the first living creatures to travel in what high-flying contraption?
Guess: Hot air balloon- RIGHT ($400)
3. Once believed to be poisonous, what standard salad ingredient was called the "Love Apple" by colonial gardeners?
Guess: Tomato- RIGHT ($500)
RED LIGHT CHALLENGE: Name the only five legal two-letter words that start with I in the game of Scrabble.
Correct answers given: It, in, if, is & id ($750)
4. Borrowed from a Soviet Arms designer, what Russian last name puts the name in AK-47?
Guess: Klashnikov- RIGHT AGAIN ($850)
1. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, what progressive North Carolina city attracts visitors with the slogan "Altitude affects attitude"?
Guess: Asheville- RIGHT AGAIN ($1,050)
ANOTHER RED LIGHT CHALLENGE (and possibly the last one of the season): In Shakespeare's "Hamlet", eight characters died during the course of the play. Name five of them.
Correct answers given: Ophelia, Hamlet...and that's it
Not said: Laertes, Polonius, Gertrude, Claudius, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern
2. In making his high-profile move to L.A., soccer star David Beckham bid adios to what storied Spanish team?
Guess: Real Madrid- RIGHT ($1,250)
Final question: The two marble lions that stand guard outside the NY Public Library are named Patience and what synonym for strength?
Guess: Fortitude- WIN! ($1,450)
They then decide to walk away as definite winners.
Not leaving as winners during Game 2, however, are Steve, Monica & Rachael. They tried to make it 44 blocks to 3rd Ave. & 45h St. They got off to a good start, but they missed three of their last four questions of the game to lose $650 at the last second.
The final contestants of the season are Lisa & Novalie, trying to make it 47 blocks to 11th between 3rd & 4th. They sweep their first four questions for $200.
1. Honoring a Revolutionary War hero, Casimir Pulaski Day is traditonally celebrated by Americans of what heritage?
Guess: Polish- CORRECT ($300)
2. First reported from Brazil in 1870, what variety of orange bears a secondary fruit analogus to a conjoined twin?
Guess: Clementine- STRIKE ONE (A: Naval)
Final question: Meaning "Earth in the middle", what model of the Solar System did Galileo get in trouble for trashing?
Mobile Shout-Out: Novalie calls her friend Jill, who blanks.
Guess: Copernicus System- NO (A: Geocentric)
Afterwards, they decide to walk away as the season's final winners with $300.
Catch 21: It's $50,000 time again, at least for this episode (which was the last episode taped for this season, BTW)! Tonight's $50K hopefuls:
Kimberly (Birmingham, AL)- Yoga teacher
Anthony (originally from NYC)- Choreographer and part-time personal chef
Tommy (Monterey Park, CA)- Theme park ride operator
ROUND 1 BASE CARDS:
Kimberly: 3 OF SPADES
Anthony: 4 OF SPADES
Tommy: JACK OF CLUBS
Anthony is passed a 2 of Diamonds by Tommy to start, but he retaliates by passing a 2 of Spades on the second turn to Tommy. Anthony then picks up that critical 5 of Clubs after getting another question right.
4. Known for their short skirts and bob haircuts, flappers are most closely associated with which decade?
Anthony: 1920s- RIGHT AGAIN (300)
CARD: 5 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO TOMMY (17)
5. A bumbling collar worker, a diabolical toddler and a martini-swilling dog all live under the same roof on what outrageous cartoon?
Kimberly: "The Jetsons"- OOPS
Anthony: "Family Guy"- YOU BET (400)
CARD: 5 OF HEARTS; BUSTS TOMMY
6. Created at a famous New York hotel, what salad is made with apple, celery, mayo & walnuts?
Kimberly: Caesar- WRONG AGAIN
Anthony: Waldorf- RIGHT AGAIN (500)
CARD: 6 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO KIMBERLY (9)
7. When a hockey player scores three goals in a game...?
Anthony: Hat trick- RIGHT YET AGAIN (600)
CARD: ACE OF CLUBS; KEEPS IT (12)
8. You can probably see Russia from your house if you lived...?
Kimberly: Alaska- CORRECT (100)
If this next card is a 10 or face card, Kimberly has stolen this round.
CARD: QUEEN OF HEARTS- WINS ROUND 1 (600)
ROUND 2 BASE CARDS:
Kimberly: KING OF HEARTS
Anthony: JACK OF DIAMONDS
Tommy: 4 OF HEARTS
Kimberly busts Anthony out right away by passing both a 6 of Spades and an 8 of Clubs to Anthony, meaning no more points for him this round.
3. Macbeth, Hamlet or Romeo- "To be or not to be" is the question spoken by what famous literary figure?
Kimberly: Macbeth- NO
Tommy: Hamlet- CORRECT (200)
CARD: 9 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO KIMBERLY (19)
4. At this year's Palm Springs International Film Festival, what 78-year-old honoree said "I'd like to thank my wife and daughter, but I've forgotten their names"?
A: Dustin Hoffman
B: Robert Duvall
C: Clint Eastwood
Tommy: Robert Duvall- NO
Kimberly: Clint Eastwood- RIGHT (700); FREEZES AT 19
5. 4 OF DIAMONDS (8)
6. 10 OF SPADES (18)
Final card: 7 OF CLUBS- ELIMINATED
CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND BASE CARDS:
Kimberly: 10 OF HEARTS
Anthony: 7 OF SPADES
1. If a German complements you on your lederhosen at Oktoberfest, how should you thank him?
Kimberly: Dankschen- CORRECT
CARD: 5 OF SPADES; PASSES TO ANTHONY (15)
2. If the swans in Swan Lake had a baby, what would it be called?
A: A kit
B: A signet
Kimberly: Kit- NO
Anthony: Signet- CORRECT
CARD: 9 OF HEARTS- WINS GAME & VACUUM
$50,000 TRIPLE BLACKJACK: Just two Power Chips in play for Anthony tonight.
HAND #1: 7 OF CLUBS
HAND #2: 4 OF DIAMONDS
HAND #3: 4 OF CLUBS
1. JACK OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #2 (14)
2. 2 OF DIAMONDS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (16)
3. 10 OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #3 (14)
4. JACK OF HEARTS; CHANGES IT (one left)
5. 4 OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #1 (11)
6. QUEEN OF DIAMONDS; HAND #1 CLEARED ($1,000); GOES ON
7. ACE OF DIAMONDS; PLACES IN HAND #3 (15); GOES ON
8. KING OF CLUBS (no Power Chips left)
9. QUEEN OF CLUBS- LOSS
He should've walked with the extra grand or had at least one more Power Chip. Tough way to end this season's tapings.
Silent Library: This is a new MTV game show that takes place in, what else, a library. The objective is for contestants to complete tasks while the team stays as quiet as possible. Before each challenge, contestants must draw from six cards. The one who has the skull & bones card must do the challenge. Completing the challenge successfully wins money for the team, but failing to complete them or having the team be too loud results in no money for that challenge. There will be four rounds- the first three rounds will each have three challenges. Round 1 is worth $300 apiece, Round 2 is worth $400 apiece and the challenges for Round 3 will then double to $800 apiece. There will be one final challenge after all that for an additional $1,000. Thus, teams can win up to $5,500.
The first team on this show consists of Joshua (Warwick, RI), Juan (Perth Amboy, NJ), Jordan (Easley, SC), Matt (Cumberland, RI), Zach (Voorhees, NJ) and Rashard (Paterson, NJ).
1. Matt does the opening challenge called "Big Bust". Here, he must withstand the blowing up and popping of a balloon underneath his shirt.
RESULT: FAIL (too noisy)
2. Matt draws the card AGAIN. This time, he has a challenge called "Milk Man", where he must now endure a nursing mother's breast pump for 30 seconds.
RESULT: FAIL (too noisy once again)
3. This time, Rashard pulls the card and plays "Noodle Foot". He must eat the spaghetti shoelaces of another person.
RESULT: PASS ($300)
1. Zach faces "Frenched", where he must withstand some slapping from a French man.
RESULT: PASS ($700)
2. Juan has to deal with some "Rear Footing". Here, he must repeatedly get his butt kicked by a rotating boot wheel (which is cranked by Matt) for 20 seconds.
RESULT: PASS ($1,100)
3. Rashard's second challenge of the day is called "Bird Stink Vacuum", where he has to wear a helmet with some birdcage contents for 30 seconds.
RESULT: PASS ($1,500)
1. Matt gets hit with his third challenge today- "Seat Slip". He must ride on a slick rotating chair for ten seconds without holding on.
RESULT: PASS ($2,300)
2. "Jack in Box" goes to Jordan. Here, he obviously has to deal with a jack in the box that has a midget dressed up as a boxer inside.
RESULT: FAIL (too loud)
3. Matt now has his fourth challenge this episode, which is called "Electric Puzzle". He has 30 seconds to assemble a puzzle while being given electric shocks.
RESULT: PASS ($3,100)
$1,000 Challenge: This goes to Zach, where he must stay on a rotating spit for 45 seconds while the other contestants turn him into a BBQ pig.
That's a nice final total of $4,100 for them- $684 apiece!
Conclusion of Nicole Tatum-Hall's game