This week, if the remaining contestants can combine for a weight loss of at least 150 pounds, nobody will be eliminated. Otherwise, there will be a DOUBLE ELIMINATION this week.
After Coach Mo Dewalt visited his partner Tracey Yukich while she was in the hospital, they both return to the ranch.
Challenge: At the California Health & Longevity Institute, celebrity cook Curtis Stone stops by to teach everybody how to cook & eat healthy. After he's done, eight questions are asked. If the remaining 15 correctly answer at least five of them, a 15 pound bonus will be awarded at this week's Weigh-In.
1. Mo & Tracey: Which plate contains the correct serving of meat for a family of four- A, B or C?
GUESS: C- CORRECT
2. Daniel & Shay: Name three ways of cooking without oil.
GUESS: Baked, poached & steamed- YOU BET (2)
3. Danny & Liz: How many calories are in the given Chicken Caesar Salad- 540, 840 or 1,010?
GUESS: 1,010- RIGHT (3)
4. Amanda & Rebecca: By substituting zucchini for pasta, how many fewer calories are in one serving- 110, 248 or 343?
GUESS: 248- RIGHT (4)
5. Abby & Allen: How many calories would you consume if you had one 16 oz. soda with three refills- 685, 747 or 789?
GUESS: 789- INCORRECT (A: 747)
6. Antoine & Sean: Which one of these desserts is less than 150 calories- a cup of fresh raspberries, half an ounce of melted dark chocolate dipping sauce, a parfait made up of one cup of blueberries w/ half a cup of low-fat yogurt and one tablespoon of almonds or one cup of vanilla ice cream?
GUESS: Parfait- NO (A: Raspberries)
7. Dina & Rudy: Name two of the three reasons why it's good to add a protein to every snack.
GUESS: It makes you feel fuller and it gives you more fuel for your muscles- WIN!
Second Challenge of the Evening: There are four rafts separated by balance beams above water. Everybody has to make it across the balance beams and on all four rafts. As they keep on going, the balance beams will get smaller. If even one contestant falls into the water, the game is over. For each raft everybody gets to, a reward is given:
1: Five pound bonus
2: Another five pound bonus
3: Phone call home
ALL FOUR: Another 10 pound bonus
The number of rafts the 15 contestants manage to clear is...
...FOUR! They earn an additional 20 bonus pounds at this week's Weigh-In and each player now gets a phone call home!
WEIGH-IN: 35 pounds go into the bank to start.
Amanda (240) & Rebecca (255) = 495 pounds, 10 pounds lost
POUNDS LEFT TO LOSE: 105
Tracey (228) & Coach Mo (327) = 555 pounds, 19 pounds lost
POUNDS LEFT TO LOSE: 86
Antoine (341) & Sean (411) = 752 pounds, 19 pounds lost
POUNDS LEFT TO LOSE: 67
Allen (296) & Abby (221) = 517 pounds, 21 pounds lost
POUNDS LEFT TO LOSE: 46
Liz (247) & Danny (394) = 641 pounds, 22 pounds lost
POUNDS LEFT TO LOSE: 24
Rudy (400) & Dina (237) = 637 pounds, 22 pounds lost
POUNDS LEFT TO LOSE: 2
Julio: 375 pounds, 19 pounds lost
Right now, they have a possible victory with 17 pounds to spare. That means the only thing that could go wrong is if Daniel & Shay combined to gain 18 pounds...
Daniel (293) & Shay (443) = 736 pounds, 23 pounds
...nope, so nobody's eliminated this week! Even if the entire group had not won any weight advantages, they still would've won by five pounds.