This week had the first mentor of the season- Miley Cyrus! She will perform on Wednesday night along with Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato.
THIS WEEK'S CATEGORY: Billboard #1 Hits
1. Lee DeWyze- "The Letter" by The Box Tops
Randy Jackson said by making the cool song choice of the blues version of this song, he did great! Ellen DeGeneres said she got her "favorites-writing pen" back from him! Kara DioGuardi said he raised the bar for himself, but Simon Cowell thought he was surprisingly corny.
2. Paige Miles- "Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now)" by Phil Collins
All of the judges (with the exception of Ellen since she only complemented Paige on not falling down during that performance) thought she gave one of the WORST PERFORMANCES OF THE SEASON.
3. Tim Urban- "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen
Everybody thought he was boring.
4. Aaron Kelly: "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith
Randy said although he sounded sick, he did a good job. Ellen said he made the perfect song choice. Kara agreed and Simon said while he was very brave, he still sounded old-fashioned.
5. Crystal Bowersox: "Me and Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin (with a guitar)
Everybody said she gave another great performance!
6. Michael Lynche: "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge
Randy said he was decent and still knew who he was. Ellen said he made a safe song choice. Kara & Simon, however, both thought he was boring at times.
7. Andrew Garcia: "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye
All of the judges and my brother Andrew thought he was way off the mark with that performance.
8. Katie Stevens: "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie
Randy said while she sounded too sharp occassionally, he gave her credit for picking a younger song. Ellen said it was her best performance of the season! Kara said she needs to stick to Pop and R & B songs, espescially after how well she sang this week. Simon said being mentored by Miley was the best thing that could happen to her.
9. Casey James: "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis & The News (w/ a guitar)
Although Randy thought he was the best guitar player they ever had on this show and he performed well this week, he didn't like the song choice. Ellen thought he gave the best performance of the night! Kara said he raised another level in his game, but Simon said he selected a song that made him old-fashioned.
10. Didi Benami: "You're No Good" by Linda Ronstadt (Ryan Seacrest mispronounced her last name just before she performed!)
Randy said she was pitchy. Ellen didn't understand her song choice. Kara thought she was performing as a character instead of a singer and Simon didn't deliver much better comments.
11. Siobhan Magnus: "Superstition" by Stevie Wonder
Simon & Ellen said she sang very well, but Kara said it wasn't necessarily her best performance and Simon said most of the home viewers might not like her after what she did on this episode.