1MENTOR: Jamie Foxx
There will be two duets during the course of tonight's broadcast.
1. Lee DeWyze- "Kiss from a Rose" by Seal (with a guitar)
All four judges said he did NOTHING with that song.
2. Michael Lynche- "Will You Be There" by Michael Jackson (w/ a gospel choir)
DITTO for Big Mike.
3. Crystal Bowersox & Lee- "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova (w/ guitars)
The entire judging panel thought...THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE for this performance!
4. Casey James- "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel (w/ a guitar)
Randy Jackson described the performance as cool and laid back, and questioned his song choice. Ellen DeGeneres liked that he did something different with this song. Kara DioGuardi said he did a good job in one of those moments where he was singing outside his comfort zone, but Simon Cowell thought he sounded lazy.
5. Crystal- "I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins (w/ a guitar)
Randy thought it wasn't her best performance, but he credited her for changing it up a notch. Ellen & Kara both thought she made the song better, and Simon said she's definitely back in the running.
6. Casey & Michael- "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" by Bryan Adams (w/ guitars)
They all thought they sang and played their guitars well together, though Casey didn't get off to the best of starts vocally.
Wednesday night's featured musical guests will be Daughtry ("September") and Fantasia Barrino ("Bittersweet").