LMAD: Jennifer (dressed as a ladybug) starts the first deal of the day with her choice of either the red envelope or Curtain #1, one of which has something worth $5,800. She picks the curtain...correct for a trip to the Fairmont Scottsdale in Arizona from The Journeymasters! The red envelope's check was worth $123. Contestant #2 is Hadley (who is a student manager at a cooking place), and either the blue envelope or the small box (Jonathan Mangum) contains a prize package worth $2,950. He takes the envelope, and its check is worth...$86, so he misses out on a pearl necklace. This deal will continue.
Third, Jodi (who just turned 40) gets the Multi-Swap ATM Card.
2. $100 ($200)
3. $500 ($700); QUITS THIS DEAL FOR GOOD
The birthday present she could have had behind Curtain #3 was...the DEMOLISHED airplane!
Time now for the couple of Kelly & Randal (dressed as clowns) to play a never-before-seen dice game for the $15,365 Chevrolet Aveo5 (Curtain #3). There are two paths:
3. Odd/Even or Odd/Even
3. Odd/Even or Odd/Even
After they've made three rolls of at least one die, they can stop with $100 per point or try for the car by having their final rolled square revealed- half of the top row squares say WIN, while the other half of them read ZONK.
1. 3- PATH #1 ($300)
2. 1 ($400)
FINAL ROLL (with both dice): 11 ($1,500)
After three odd rolls in a row, they go on. Do they win the car...YES- PERFECT DEAL!
Next is a nerd named Steve, and he has to guess whether the silver envelope or the big box has a prize worth $1,649. After he talks to his consultant Jimmy (who's wearing a banana hat), he chooses the envelope...he's won said amount in cash! The box had half a pool table. There will be one more round of this particular deal towards the end of the program.
The next three traders are Jessica (dressed as a devil), Kimiko (dressed as a pilot) & Linda (who's wearing a purple suit with a giant pink boa); it's time for Beat the Dealer! They get their choice of Jonathan's three pockets, two of which contain $500 and the other has $50. Picking the $50 one eliminates that woman from this deal.
Jessica: Bottom-left- $50 WIPEOUT
At stake in Round 2 is the Samsung 46" LCD HDTV and a mini Netbook worth a total of $2,429 (Curtain #1).
Kimiko: #6- THREE
Linda: #8- ONE
Kimiko can now keep the $2,929 in cash and prizes she's accumulated up to this point or give that all back for a choice of one of four numbered envelopes, with the gold one now in play. Two have $1,000, one has a Benjamin and the other has five grand. She's going for the nicer money.
FINAL PICK: #2- WINS $1K
Two guys are chosen on next- James and Cort (who's wearing a blue T-shirt with a C in the center). After they're each given a hundred bucks to start, they're asked to check their wallets for money. Whoever has less money in their wallet will add $500 to their winnings and will get to continue on in the deal:
James: Around $300
Cort: Around $30 ($600)
Alison Fiori then brings down that small box and Cort buys whatever's in there...but he's going to have to munch on a small bowl of smashed potato chips.
Finally, Margaret (who's wearing a big pink wing) is asked whether the golden envelope or Curtain #2 has a gift valued at $3,183. She believe's it's in the middle curtain...yes indeed- there's a beige sofa & a chair! Left behind was a $99 check.
THE BIG DEAL: The $29,136 Bayliner ski boat is behind one of those three doors, and Jenny thinks it's located at Door #3 again because her younger daughter's three years old...I DON'T THINK SO. But she wins a slightly more expensive trip to the Divi South Winds Beach Resort in Barbados with a price tag of $6,650.
Door #1: BOAT
Door #2: His/her beach cruisers ($760)
21: Season 4's first week concludes with these contestants:
Latoya Knight (originally from Jamaica & Brooklyn, NY)- Personal stylist
Samara Friedman (originally from Santa Monica, CA)- The general manager of two different restaurants
Dean ? (San Diego)- Web project manager during the day & a Japanese Elvis impersonator at night
Round 1 Base Cards:
Latoya: 5 OF SPADES
Samara: ACE OF DIAMONDS
Dean: QUEEN OF DIAMONDS
Maingame Bonus Prize: Two-night/three-day stay in Las Vegas courtesy of Vegas.com
1. With over 200,000 startups under his belt, what British billionaire is clearly not a Virgin when it comes to business?
Dean: Sir Richard Branson- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 7 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO SAMARA (8 or 18)
2. If Carnie Wilson was named for chili con carne, we'd hope she know "con carne" is Spanish for what?
Samara: Whipped red meat- WRONG
Choices for everybody else:
A: Whipped red wine
B: With beans
C: With meat
Dean: Whipped red wine- INCORRECT
Latoya: With meat- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 8 OF SPADES; PASSES TO DEAN (18)
3. What actress worked her magic as she grew up playing Hermoine, Harry Potter's bewitching pal?
Dean: Emma Watson- RIGHT (200); FREEZES AT 18
4. This year, some accused governor Jan Brewer of crossing the line when she signed a controversial immigration law in what South U.S. state?
Samara: Arizona- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 5 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO LATOYA (10)
5. Josh Brolin, Groban or Hartnett- what velvety-voiced Baritone has sold more than 25 million albums worldwide?
Latoya: Groban- RIGHT (200)
CARD: KING OF CLUBS; FREEZES AT 20
6. 2 OF DIAMONDS (10 or 20)
7. 9 OF SPADES (19)
8. THE OTHER BLACK NINE- LATOYA WINS ROUND 1 (700)
Round 2 Base Cards:
Latoya: 10 OF CLUBS
Samara: 6 OF DIAMONDS
Dean: 9 OF DIAMONDS
1. When Julia Roberts & Brad Pitt arrive in the mail, you can thank what DVD delivery service that comes in a red envelope?
Samara: Netflix- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 8 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO LATOYA (18)
2. Don't tell Fat Boy Slim, but Japanese researchers have discovered what kitchen staple may activate genes that fight fat?
Dean: Rice- NO
Choices for the women:
A: Olive oil
C: Black pepper
Samara: Vinegar- YES INDEED (300)
CARD: QUEEN OF CLUBS; BUSTS LATOYA
3. Though it didn't debut in 1984, George Orwell might be skeptical of what CBS reality show hosted by Julie Chen in which cameras capure contestants' every move?
Samara: "Big Brother"- YOU BET (400)
CARD: 10 OF SPADES; PASSES TO DEAN (19)
4. Bra, fragrance or sunglasses- according to Allure Magazine, 92% of women feel more attractive when wearing what?
Dean: Fragrance- CORRECT (300); FREEZES AT 19
5. 6 OF CLUBS (12)
6. 3 OF HEARTS (15)
7. 8 OF CLUBS- ELIMINATED
Championship Round Base Cards:
Latoya: 10 OF DIAMONDS
Dean: 4 OF HEARTS
1. If you're wearing Sean John Jeans while running Bad Boy Records, who might you be?
Latoya: Puffy Combs...P. Diddy- RIGHT
CARD: KING OF DIAMONDS; FREEZES AT 20
2. 7 OF SPADES (11)
3. 7 OF HEARTS (18)
4. 6 OF SPADES- LATOYA WINS
BLACKJACK BONANZA: Nobody won a bonus prize for the first time this season, but Latoya still will have three Burger King Power Chips at her disposal.
HAND #1: 8 OF HEARTS
HAND #2: 4 OF SPADES
HAND #3: 5 OF DIAMONDS
1. 8 OF DIAMONDS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (12)
2. JACK OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #3 (15)
3. 2 OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #1 (10)
4. QUEEN OF SPADES; CHANGES IT (two PCs left)
5. 3 OF CLUBS; CHANGES THAT ALSO (one PC left; could've won $1K by now)
6. KING OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #1 (20)
7. 10 OF HEARTS (no PCs left)
8. 9 OF SPADES; HAND #2 CLEARED ($1K) AND STOPS WITH A DOUBLER
9. 8 OF SPADES
She could've tripled her winnings had she placed the Queen and the three on the first eight.
TSB: This is the second season finale, and six Hooters Girls are about to play the game for a chance to donate $10K in their name to The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
1. "Johnny Cash" by Jason Aldean (2007)
Previous line: "Headin' for the highway"
Krissy: "Baby, we ain't goin' nowhere"
Lindsay: "Baby, we ain't ever comin' back"
2. "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield (2005)
Previous line: "Release your inhibitions"
Michelle: "Feel the rain on your skin"
3. "Play Something Country" by Brooks & Dunn (2005)
Previous line: "I like Kenny, Keith, Alan &..."
Ashleigh: "...Patsy Cline"
4. "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis (2007)
Previous line: "Keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love"
Jen: "You cut me open"
Roxanna gets left behind.
Lindsay (Bakersfield, CA)- Once met Buck Owens
Michelle (originally from Wichita, KS)
Ashleigh (Fayetteville, GA)- Has been a Hooters Calendar Girl three years in a row; she's also pursuing a degree in Special Education and has been playing the drums on occasion
Jen (Fort Meyers, FL)- Has a degree in Fine Arts & Art History from the University of Florida; she also paints pet portraits from time to time
LINDSAY: "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" by The Charlie Daniels Band (1979)
Previous line: "And if you win, you get this shiny fiddle made of gold"
Guess: "___ if you lose, the Devil gets your soul" (A: "But if you lose, the Devil gets your soul")
MICHELLE: "Spooky" by The Atlanta Rhythm Section (1979)
Previous line: "...and say, all right"
Guess: "Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you" (5)
ASHLEIGH: "That's The Way I Like It" by KC & The Sunshine Band (1975)
Previous line: "When you give me all your love"
Guess: "And the best you..." (A: "And do it babe the very best you can")
JEN: "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack (2000)
Previous line: "I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean"
Guess: "Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens" (5)
Singing with the Enemy:
LINDSAY & MICHELLE: "Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven" by Kenny Chesney (2008)
CORRECT MISSING LYRICS:
Michelle: Two (TRIPLE to 15)
ASHLEIGH & JEN: "Wide Open Spaces" by The Dixie Chicks (1998)
CORRECT MISSING LYRICS:
Ashleigh: SWEEP! (15)
Jen: One (DOUBLE to 10)
LINDSAY: "I Saw the Light" by Wynonna (1992)
CORRECT MISSING WORDS (needs at least eight to stay in the game): Four
FINAL SCORE: 8
JEN: "Photograph" by Nickelback (2005)
CORRECT MISSING WORDS (needs at least three to stay in the game): 10
FINAL SCORE: 30
MICHELLE: "Heartland" by George Strait (1992)
CORRECT MISSING WORDS (needs at least eight to advance to the Chorus Showdown): 14
FINAL SCORE: 43
ASHLEIGH: "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus (2009; she does NOT look happy about having to sing this song)
CORRECT MISSING WORDS (needs at least eight to move on): SWEEP!
FINAL SCORE: 45
Michelle: "American Ride" by Toby Keith (2009)(seven lines)- FAIL
Ashleigh: "Is There Life Out There" by Reba McEntire (1991)(nine lines)- FAIL
Michelle: "Ain't Going Down ('Til The Sun Comes Up)" by Garth Brooks (1993)(four lines)- FAIL
Ashleigh: "Little Sister" by Dwight Yoakam (1987)(six lines)- FAIL
SUDDEN DEATH SONG: "Picture To Burn" by Taylor Swift (2006)
Singer: Ashleigh (she buzzed in first)
Previous line: "...you never let me drive"
Guess: "Every redneck heartbreak who's really bad at lying"- LOSS (A: "You're a redneck heartbreak who's really bad at lying")
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN:
1. "Wild One" by Faith Hill (1993)- $500
2. "The Reason" by Hoobastank (2003)- $1K
3. "Feels Like Today" by Rascal Flatts (2004)- $1.5K
4. "Umbrella" by Rihanna w/ Jay-Z (2007)- STRIKE ONE
5. "In Color" by Jamey Johnson (2008)- $2K
6. "Fly" by Sugar Ray (1997)- MICHELLE WINS $10K FOR CHARITY!
YCTD: The show had an unexpected week off last week, but they're back tonight.
1. James (San Antonio) & Sylvia (Houston, TX)("Lone Star Spectacular")- "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus (1992)
Choreographer: Chantal Robson
2. Alisa & Jason ("Boot Scootin' Bandits")- "Hot 'N Cold" by Katy Perry (2008)
Choreographer: Tera Perez
3. Jacob & Nichole ("Gated Community"; they're a brother/sister team)- "How Do You Like Me Now?!" by Toby Keith (1999)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Dawn was supposed to have joined them in this dance, but is unable to perform due to a torn ACL in two places
Choreographer: Brandon Henschel
4. Rosemary (who is a soon-to-be college freshman) & Shauna ("Sister Squared")- "What the Cowgirls Do" by Vince Gill (1994)
Choreographer: Becca Sweitzer
5. Taylor Koch (who just got engaged)- "Somebody To Love" by Justin Bieber (2010)
Choreographer: DJ Guthrie
SCORE: 8- GATED COMMUNITY WINS!
8: "The Singing Bee" & "Your Chance To Dance"
7: "Catch 21" & "Let's Make a Deal"