LMAD: Right off the bat, we're doing a couples deal with Dale & Teresa (both dressed as graduates; Dale's in the blue while Teresa's in the red). They get a one-swap ATM card that they choose to hang on for the entire deal...and it's worth $3,000 to them! But let's see if they could've done better somewhere else:
Big box: Sony computer/HD camcorder ($1,880)
Curtain #1: Trip to St. Thomas ($4,617)
Curtain #2: Toyota Yaris ($12,205)
It's time now for Spell Me a Deal, and Dawn sees the first letter of P before giving the second ATM card to Nancy (who's wearing a red wig); we'll get to her soon. The second letter is A, and she gives Adriana (who's dressed as a queen in a black suit) the big box. She keeps it after turning down $500...and back there is a Samsung stainless-steel French drawer refrigerator with $1K to spend on groceries, all worth $3,398. Letter #3 is R, and Dawn's now offered $800, a grand and $1,300, but she goes all the way...for nothing but a BROKEN PARACHUTE.
Returning to Nancy, she keeps her ATM card...but in her case, it's worth $160. If she had given it back for what was in the small box (Alison Fiori)...she might've been wearing a $2.5K 1.3 karat diamond/gold bracelet.
Now playing the Speedway game for the Ford Focus SES ($18,780)(Curtain #3) are Max & Nhadjee (a birthday girl who's dressed as a racing queen and just turned 30 years old).
They both turn down $500.
Nhadjee: 20 (TRIPLE to 30)
Max: 40 (QUINTUPLE to 50)
Both contestants reject some more money (Nhadjee turns down $700, while Max gives back $600).
Nhadjee: DUD- ELIMINATED WITH PRESUMABLY $300
Max: 20 (70)
After Max waves off $800...HE WINS THE CAR WITH ANOTHER 20!
The next deal is called Silent Partner, and in it are Joyce (who's wearing a dark red/yellow suit) & Arica. In the first two rounds, Arica's it and Joyce gets the first decision of taking either $600 or what's in the small box (Alison). She picks the box, meaning the cash goes to Arica and Joyce has...the last ATM card of this episode. Secondly, Joyce adds $900 to Arica's potential bank and takes this for herself behind Curtain #1...a wooden dining room set, some Pottery Barn dishware and other accessories, all totalling $2,104. It's individual decision time. Arica hangs on to the $1.5K, turning down Curtain #2's contents in the process...and it was a Palm Beach getaway worth $8,396. Finally, Joyce purchases the big box...and gets KNOCKED OUT OF THE GAME BY JONATHAN MANGUM AS A MIME. That will cost her an additional two large.
In the final regulation deal, Stephen (dressed as a hockey fan) can have the "You've Already Won..." envelope or some dough. His offers are $500, $700, $900 and finally a C-note...but he's keeping that envelope. And the card inside it leads to a duplicate of...THE BROKEN PARACHUTE (Curtain #3). Regardless of the outcome there, Nancy will be going for the Big Deal of the Day.
THE BIG DEAL: This is worth $20,341 in cash and/or merchandise. She goes with my gut pick of Door #2...WE'RE BOTH WRONG. That sends her home with the Samsung 46" LCD HDTV ($1,999).
Door #1: Kawasaki jet ski ($6,699)
Door #3: Mediterranean Cruise
21: Let's hope that Week 2 will produce at least $25,000 Winner #2 sometime during this week. Maybe one of today's contestants is it:
David (McCleansville, NC)- Dropped out of medical school just to be here
Rebekah (Cherry Valley, NY; she's also known as Bekah)- A bartender/healer who was also a former stunt street bike team member
Matt (originally from Pittsburgh)
Round 1 Base Cards:
David: 4 OF CLUBS
Bekah: 10 OF SPADES
Matt: 5 OF SPADES
Maingame Bonus Prize: San Francisco
1. Last year, Levi Johnston dropped his trousers from Playgirl Magazine, probably to the surprise of what ex-fiancee?
A: Chelsea Clinton
B: Bristol Palin
Matt: Bristol- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 4 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO BEKAH (14)
2. We don't mean to be "crude", but last April, a faulty oil rig dumped 200,000 gallons of oil a day into the waters off the coast of what state?
Bekah: Louisiana- CORRECT (100)
CARD: KING OF CLUBS; PASSES TO MATT (15)
3. Since 2006, audiences have huddled around their TV sets to watch what football drama named for both a book and a movie?
Matt: "Friday Night Lights"- YOU BET (200)
CARD: 5 OF HEARTS; FREEZES AT 20
4. Blondie, Tiffany or Rihanna- which is a style of stained glass lamp?
David: Tiffany- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 7 OF SPADES (11)
5. Despite a 50-game suspension for taking female fertility drugs, what Dodgers slugger still didn't play like a girl?
A: Derek Jeter
B: Manny Ramirez
C: Alex Rodriguez
David: Manny Ramirez- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 10 OF CLUBS- WINS ROUND 1 & TRIP (700)
Round 2 Base Cards:
David: QUEEN OF SPADES
Bekah: 8 OF CLUBS
Matt: ACE OF CLUBS
1. What rock band could really use somebody to hold their many Grammys, including 2009 Record of the Year?
Bekah: U2- INCORRECT
Choices for the men:
C: Kings of Leon
Matt: Kings of Leon- RIGHT (300)
CARD: 4 OF SPADES; PASSES TO DAVID (14)
2. Want to bet you'll get this right? The Dalai Lama won a Nobel Peace Prize for opposing what country's continued rule of Tibet?
Matt: China- RIGHT AGAIN (400)
CARD: 4 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO DAVID (18)
3. G-Men, G-Force or G-Spot- what 2009 film featured a squad of gung-ho guinea pigs?
David: "G-Force"- RIGHT (800); GOES ON
CARD: THE OTHER BLACK EIGHT; PASSES TO BEKAH (16)
4. If it's "Showtime" at the home of Apollo, you're at what heavenly hangout of the Greek Gods?
Matt: Mount Olympus- YES INDEED (500)
CARD: KING OF DIAMONDS- ADVANCES TO CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND WITH THE OTHER GUY (1,000)
Championship Round Base Cards:
David: 3 OF SPADES
Matt: QUEEN OF CLUBS
1. You might find this interesting- what group sets the interest rates in the United States?
A: The Treasury Department
B: The Federal Reserve Board
C: The Congress
Matt: The Federal Reserve Board- RIGHT
CARD: 7 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO DAVID (10)
2. When it comes to bad '80s fashion, "U Can't Touch" what style popularized by MC Hammer?
B: Parachute pants
Matt: Parachute pants- RIGHT
CARD: KING OF SPADES; FREEZES AT 20
3. 6 OF HEARTS (16)
4. 7 OF HEARTS- MATT WINS
BLACKJACK BONANZA: Dave's going to S.F., but it's Matt who will be taking on the big board for the big money with three Burger King Power Chips in hand.
HAND #1: 10 OF HEARTS
HAND #2: 7 OF SPADES
HAND #3: KING OF HEARTS
1. 10 OF CLUBS; PLACES IN HAND #1 (20)
2. 4 OF DIAMONDS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (11; could've been on the board by now)
3. 3 OF CLUBS; PLACES IN HAND #3 (13)
4. QUEEN OF DIAMONDS; HAND #2 CLEARED ($1K); GOES ON
5. JACK OF DIAMONDS (two PCs left)
6. 4 OF SPADES; CHANGES IT (one PC left)
7. 7 OF CLUBS; CHANGES THAT ALSO (no PCs left)
8. 6 OF SPADES, WHICH IS PLACED IN HAND #3 (19); STOPS WITH $2K AND THE TRIP
9. 6 OF CLUBS
If he had played the four and the seven on either the first 10 or King, he might've won $5K in this endgame.
MTWI: Here are the 10 former Miss Universes/Miss USAs competing for a possible $1,000,000 for their charity tonight:
Brook Lee (Miss USA/Miss Universe 1997)(Charity: Hawaii Youth Opera Chorus)
Chelsea Cooley (Miss USA 2005)(Charity: The Red Dress Project)
Justine Pasek (Miss Universe 2002)(Charity: Orphaned Starfish Foundation)
Kristen Dalton (Miss USA 2009)(Charity: USO)
Rachel Smith (Miss USA 2007)(Charity: Boys & Girls Club of America)
Riyo Mori (Miss Universe 2007)(Charity: Make a Wish)
SHANDI FINNESSEY (Miss USA 2004; she was also a former "Lingo" co-host & "Dancing with the Stars" contestant!)(Charity: Stray Rescue of St. Louis)
Shanna Moakler (Miss USA 1995)(Charity: Children's Burn Foundation)
Wendy Fitzwilliam (Miss Universe 1998)(Charity: Keep a Child Alive)
Zuleyka Rivera (Miss Universe 2006)(Charity: American Children's Cancer Association)
1. "Hanky Panky"
2. "Temper Tantrum"- While on their backs, they must shake both feet to register as many clicks on the attached pedometers as possible.
TOP & BOTTOM SCORERS:
3. "Face the Cookie"
4. "Go the Distance"
5. "Spoon Frog"
6. "Stack Attack"- The 21-cup pyramid has to be built.
7. "CD Dominoes"- After building a track of 20 plastic CD cases, only one has to drop into the bucket at the bottom of the table.
Note: "California Gurls" is playing in the background during this stunt
8. "Bulb Balance"
Note: The title graphic for this challenge is blue instead of red
FIRST TO FINISH: Rachel
9. "Ping Tac Toe"
The Last Model Standing is...
...Shanna from New York!
SUPERCOIN: After she attempts this, Shanna's charity will receive...
...$100K, but she came the closest to conquering that game.
(Note: For at least this episode only, the original stunt description music is brought back here.)
8: "Minute to Win It"
7: "Catch 21" & "Let's Make a Deal"