21: Tuesday's contestants:
Chris Compton (Columbia, SC)- Graphic designer
Xica ? (Tulsa, OK)- Personal trainer/dance choreographer
A.J. Sullivan (originally from Landover, MA)- Animal trainer
Round 1 Base Cards:
Chris: 8 OF HEARTS
Xica: 7 OF CLUBS
A.J.: KING OF DIAMONDS
Maingame Bonus Prize: Vegas
1. We can't say Oprah Winfrey ever had a mustache, but this year, she did get rid of one when she shaved who on live TV?
A: Dr. Phil McGraw
B: Tom Selleck
C: Jeff Foxworthy
Xica: Dr. Phil- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 3 OF CLUBS; KEEPS IT (10)
2. Sure, your husband says you have a nice fanny pack, but you can trade up for a trendy Baguette handbag from what Italian fashion house?
A.J.: Vendy- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 4 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO CHRIS (12)
3. Just for kicks, 12-year-old Jaden Smith stars with Jackie Chan in what 2010 movie remake set in China?
Xica: "The Karate Kid"- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 6 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO CHRIS (18)
4. Here come the newlyweds! Match.com says most newlyweds in the last three years originally met each other where?
A: At work/school
B: At a bar
C: At a church
Chris: At work/school- CORRECT (100); GOES ON
CARD: 8 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO XICA (18)
5. If the Philadelphia Eagles wanted to recruit a member of The Eagles musical group, which singer would they select?
A: Peter Cetera
B: Don Henley
C: Bruce Hornsby
Xica: Peter- INCORRECT
A.J.: Don- RIGHT (200)
CARD: KING OF CLUBS; FREEZES AT 20
6. The Dow Jones Industrial Average, President Obama's approval rating or Rush Limbaugh's weight- what dropped about 10% in less than 30 minutes last May due to a typo?
Chris: 5 OF SPADES, WHICH BUSTS XICA
7. JACK OF HEARTS- A.J. WINS ROUND 1 (700)
Round 2 Base Cards:
Chris: ACE OF SPADES
Xica: 2 OF CLUBS
A.J.: 2 OF HEARTS
1. Once you break your balls at the beginning of a game of Pool, how many pockets can you sink them in?
A.J.: Six- RIGHT (800)
CARD: 5 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO CHRIS (6/16)
2. Justice is served- overcoming adversity, what African-American became the U.S. Supreme Court Justice in 1991?
A: Thurgood Marshall
B: Colin Powell
C: Clarence Thomas
Chris: Thurgood- NO
A.J.: Clarence- RIGHT AGAIN (900)
CARD: JACK OF SPADES; PASSES TO CHRIS (16)
3. If you're humming a hymn with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, in what city would your toes most likely be tapping in?
Chris: Salt Lake City- CORRECT (300)
CARD: 10 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO A.J. (12)
4. Scotland's 49-year-old spinster Susan Boyle became a YouTube sensation when she crooned a hearfelt rendition of what "Les Miserables" tune?
A.J.: "I Dreamed a Dream"- RIGHT (1,000)
CARD: 10 OF SPADES; BUSTS CHRIS
5. If Iron Man were diagonsed with an iron deficiency, he'd might want to chow down on what nutrient-packed food eaten by Popeye?
A.J.: Popeye- RIGHT AGAIN (1,100)
CARD: 2 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO XICA (4)
6. Whether you buy grain in Spain or pants in France, you can use what official currency of most of the European union?
A.J.: "What is the Euro?"- RIGHT AGAIN (1,200)
CARD: JACK OF DIAMONDS, WHICH IS PASSED TO XICA (14)
7. You don't need to have hives to know what proper term for a place that houses honeybees?
Xica: Aviary- NO (that's for birds)
A.J.: Apiary- RIGHT AGAIN (1,300)
If the next card is at least an eight, Xica most likely will be out of this game.
CARD: QUEEN OF DIAMONDS- XICA ELIMINATED
Championship Round Base Cards:
Chris: QUEEN OF SPADES
A.J.: ACE OF HEARTS
1. After winning two Oscars, what actor earned Broadway glory by winning a 2010 Tony for the play "Fences"?
A.J.: Denzel Washington- RIGHT YET AGAIN
CARD: 2 OF SPADES; PASSES TO CHRIS (12)
2. Although the backside of a $1 bill never showed George Washington's backside, how is George pictured on the front?
A: Wearing a top hat
B: With wavy hair
C: Wearing glasses
Chris: Wavy hair- YES INDEED
CARD: 5 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO A.J. (6/16)
3. Though he didn't conduct a Gallup poll, we'd bet most people know that The Kentucky Derby is held at what famous racetrack?
A: Belmont Park
B: Churchill Downs
A.J.: Churchill Downs- YOU BET
CARD: 4 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO CHRIS (16)
4. What beverage brand claims its 50 drink varieties are "Made from the best stuff on Earth"?
Chris: Snapple- RIGHT
CARD: 7 OF HEARTS, WHICH IS PASSED TO A.J. (13)
5. Here's a "Ca$h Cab" kind of question- in the film classic "Taxi Driver", what actor uttered the line "You talkin' to me"?
A.J.: Robert De Niro- RIGHT
If this next card is at least a six, the game is his.
CARD: 3 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO CHRIS (19)
6. Though they may or may not be Vegans, beefeaters are attendants who guard what world landmark?
Chris: Buckingham Palace- WRONG
Choices for A.J.:
A: The Eiffel Tower
B: The Tower of London
C: The Great Pyramid of Giza
A.J.: The Tower of London- RIGHT
He now needs anything but an Ace or Deuce to appear next in order to win.
CARD: QUEEN OF HEARTS- WIN!
BLACKJACK BONANZA: A.J.'s the third player this season to have all the Burger King Power Chips in his possession.
HAND #1: KING OF DIAMONDS
HAND #2: 4 OF SPADES
HAND #3: 2 OF CLUBS
1. JACK OF CLUBS; PLACES IN HAND #3 (12)
2. 2 OF HEARTS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (6)
3. 5 OF CLUBS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (11; could've gotten $1K by now)
4. 6 OF CLUBS; CHANGES IT (three PCs left)
5. 2 OF DIAMONDS; CHANGES THAT ALSO (two PCs left)
6. 9 OF DIAMONDS; HAND #3 CLEARED ($1K; could've been $5K instead by now)
7. 10 OF DIAMONDS; HAND #2 CLEARED ($5K)
8. ACE OF DIAMONDS- WIN!
And that makes him the first player this season (and only the third ever) to SWEEP AN EPISODE with at least 26 grand!!!
Wipeout: It's Ladies Night!
Qualifier: Collapsing Catwalk (new!)/Sucker Punch/Big Balls w/ Motivator #2/Trampoline Sweeper (w/ a special beauty surprise for tonight)/Chick Flick (which is a different version of the Double W's)
(Note: It's storming for at least this entire round.)
Joyce Mar: 5:50.1
Lauren "Fly Girl" Taksa: 3:21.7
Lauren will be joined on the Overdrive by Ashley "Horse Jumper" Aandahl, Jeanine Dacierno, Heavenly Swendson, Karen Fraggi, Danyell "The Real Real-Estate Agent of Orange County" Alders, Andrea "Naughty Baker" Corkhill, Holly "Whistle Blower" George, Jessica Yuan, identical twins Kendall & Kylie Long and Ami "The Flying Trapeze Artist" Haruna.
Advancing to the Wipeout Farm (which is another version of the One-Ring Circus; for this round only, Jill Wagner and John Henson switch jobs due to a joke played on Mr. Henson about a candy bar outside!):
Danyell: TIME OVER
THE WIPEOUT ZONE (fire version): Catapault/Spin Cycle/Triple Threat/Rib Rage/Spiked Whackers/Arms & Dangerous
Andrea's last in line...
...and she WINS with just 7.65 left on the clock!
MTWI: Tonight's contestants were Shalaye & Taneshia from Boston (who are twin sisters).
$1K: "Stick To It"- One of these girls had to stick three balls on each of two lint rollers after the other girl bounced the balls.
1. PASS WITH FOUR SECONDS LEFT
$2.5K: "Spin Doctor"- After one of them spun a dollar coin across the table, the other had to stop it in a standing position using only one finger.
1. PASS IN :13
$5K: "Loner"- Using up to 40 marbles and while lying on their stomachs, they had to roll the marbles in order to knock down a red pencil from 15 feet away.
1. PASS IN :22
$10K: "Play It By Ear"
1. Shalaye- PASS
$50K: "Triple Pong Plop" (as a team)- Four balls were needed.
1. PASS IN :29
$75K: "Separation Anxiety"
1. Shalaye- PASS WITH EIGHT SECONDS LEFT
$125K: "CD Dominoes"
1. Taneshia- STRIKE ONE
2. Taneshia- STRIKE TWO
FINAL TRY: Shalaye- OUT; LEAVE WITH $50K
10: "Catch 21"
7: "Minute to Win It"