21: Let's see if we finally have back-to-back endgame wins thanks in part to one of today's contestants:
Julian Starks (originally from Cincinnati)- A rabid Dallas Cowboys fan who was also a former Chippendales dancer
Glory ? (originally from Maui & the Bay Area)- Wants to win big so that she can go to a culinary school in Manhattan
Jessica ? (originally from Orlando)- University of Florida student
Round 1 Base Cards:
Julian: 10 OF HEARTS
Glory: JACK OF SPADES
Jessica: 3 OF SPADES
Maingame Bonus Prize: Vegas
1. If you hear somebody say "Well, aren't you precious", they might be talking to which actress who played the title role in the movie "Precious"?
A: Gabourey Sidibe
B: Mariah Carey
C: Sherri Shepherd
Jessica: UNACCEPTABLE PRONUNCIATION OF GABOUREY SIDIBE
Julian: Mariah Carey- INCORRECT
Glory: Gabourey Sidibe- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 7 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO JULIAN (17)
2. In what notorious hellhole did John McCain famously spend time while in the U.S. Navy?
A: U.S. Senate
B: U.S. House of Representatives
C: The Hanoi Hilton
Jessica: The U.S. Senate- WRONG
Julian: The Hanoi Hilton- CORRECT (100); GOES ON
CARD: JACK OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO JESSICA (13)
3. Personally, we think they're mental, but this year, Billboard named what Olivia Newton-John song The Sexiest Song of All-Time?
Glory: "Physical"- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 2 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO JESSICA (15)
4. Cookie Monster knows what American favorite is the best-selling brand of cookie in the world?
Julian: Chocolate chip- NO
Choices for the women:
B: Chips Ahoy!
Jessica: Chips Ahoy!- NO
Glory: Oreo- RIGHT (300)
CARD: 5 OF DIAMONDS; BUSTS JULIAN
5. The repertoire between the two stars might fracture you on what FOX show about an FBI agent and a pretty anthropologist?
Glory: "Bones"- RIGHT AGAIN (400)
CARD: ACE OF CLUBS- WINS ROUND 1 & TRIP (900)
Round 2 Base Cards:
Julian: 5 OF HEARTS
Glory: QUEEN OF CLUBS
Jessica: 4 OF SPADES
1. To what country would you drive your Ford Explorer if you wanted to explore Afure?
Glory: Norway- RIGHT AGAIN (1,000)
CARD: 8 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO JULIAN (13)
2. Earlier this year, Hugh Hefner left his mansion long enough to donate $900,000 to help preserve what Los Angeles icon?
Jessica: The Hollywood Sign- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 4 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO JULIAN (17)
3. If Rosie O'Donnell steps on your toe, take comfort in knowing that scientists have proven you can reduce your pain by doing what?
Julian: Cursing- YES INDEED (200)
CARD: KING OF HEARTS; PASSES TO JESSICA (14)
4. Many men still hold an Olympic torch for Michelle Kwan, who won an Olympic medal in what event?
Julian: Figure Skating- RIGHT (300)
If the next card is at least an eight, Jessica's history.
CARD: QUEEN OF DIAMONDS- JESSICA ELIMINATED
5. The mother of which of these literary characters would most likely tell him "Sit up straight"?
A: Sir Lancelot
B: Robin Hood
Julian: Quasimodo- RIGHT AGAIN (400)
CARD: 7 OF DIAMONDS, WHICH IS PASSED TO GLORY (17)
6. What songstress and Bronx beauty is known for her booty and her most recent single titled "Louboutins"?
Glory: Jennifer Lopez- RIGHT (1,100)
CARD: 8 OF HEARTS- WINS ANOTHER ROUND (1,600)
Championship Round Base Cards:
Julian: 7 OF HEARTS
Glory: 10 OF SPADES
1. If the kids from "South Park" went to the South Pole, Kenny might be killed by what animal that actually lives there?
A: Polar bear
B: Emperor penguin
C: Beluga whale
Julian: Emperor penguin- CORRECT
CARD: JACK OF CLUBS; FREEZES AT 17
2. JACK OF HEARTS- WIN! (20)
BLACKJACK BONANZA: Glory's the second straight person to have all of those Burger King Power Chips.
HAND #1: 6 OF SPADES
HAND #2: 10 OF DIAMONDS
HAND #3: KING OF CLUBS
1. QUEEN OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #3 (20)
2. 2 OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #1 (8)
3. QUEEN OF DIAMONDS; CHANGES IT (three PCs left)
4. 10 OF CLUBS; CHANGES THAT ALSO (two PCs left)
5. 10 OF HEARTS; PLACES IN HAND #1 (18)
6. 6 OF DIAMONDS; CHANGES IT (one PC left)
7. 9 OF HEARTS; CHANGES THAT AS WELL (no PCs left)
8. 2 OF DIAMONDS; PLACES IN HAND #1 (20)
9. 3 OF HEARTS, WHICH IS PLACED IN HAND #2 (13)
10. 8 OF DIAMONDS; HAND #2 CLEARED ($1K; could've been $5K instead) AND GOES ON
11. 3 OF SPADES- LOSS
She should've placed a two and a nine on either the second or third hand, a 10/face card, two and three in the first hand and the eight and a three on the other starting 10 card to have been the second straight $25K winner.
MTWI: This is the next-to-last civilian episode of the season, and tonight's contestants are Natalie Strong from Atlanta (who is a deputy press secretary for the Georgia State Senate press office and an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader) & Scott Matthews from Beverly, MA (who's engaged to Natalie and is a soda delivery person).
$1K: "Candelier"- Build a five-story inverted pyramid using soda cans and paper plates.
1. Scott- PASS WITH :21 LEFT
$2.5K: "Face the Cookie"- Each team member has to successfully move and eat an Oreo in this playing.
1. PASS WITH FIVE SECONDS LEFT
$5K: "Yank Me"- After forming a four-story tower alternating between plastic cups and index cards, the cards have to be removed one at a time in order to finish with all the cups inside each other.
1. Scott- PASS WITH :17 LEFT
$10K: "Magic Carpet Ride"- In this playing, both members of the team have to go around before crossing one of the two finish lines.
1. PASS WITH :20 LEFT
1. PASS WITH :22 LEFT
$75K: "Defying Gravity"
1. Scott- PASS
$125K (this is their final challenge): "High Roller"- After using just one hand to shake a Yahtzee-like cup with 12 dice in them, three stacks of dice have to be formed- one with three, one with four and the other with five.
Natalie goes first...STRIKE ONE. Scott takes it from there...BUT HE CAN'T DO IT EITHER IN HIS TWO ATTEMPTS, so they go away with $50K.
Next week, some NFL personalities will play for charity.
PvJ: The last basketball-themed episode of Season 4 asks the question "Can Experience Beat Youth?".
Kenny Caraway (Sacramento)- A cable service representative that played for Cal State East Bay
Eric Whitman (Blairstown, NJ)- A golfer who played at Moravian College for three years
Ray Reese (L.A.)- A basketball coach who formerly played for Tulsa University and was the MVP of a high school championship game
PROS: Chris Mullin, Isaiah Rider & Kenny Smith
1. "Fast Break"
WINNERS: Joes, 1-0
2. "Around the World"- KC vs. CM
Task: Make a shot from five different areas as fast as possible
WINNER: CM (27.3)
3. "Buzzer Beater"
WINNERS: Joes, 5-4
After one minute:
After two minutes:
After three minutes:
After four minutes:
8: "Pros vs. Joes"
7: "Minute to Win It"
6: "Catch 21"