21: Can one of these three contestants win the $25,000 after the show had the Labor Day off yesterday?
Michael ? (originally from New York)- Professional magician
Alyssa ? (San Jose, CA)- Kids' counselor
Lori Ditry (California)- A law firm worker whose father's name is Alfonso
Round 1 Base Cards:
Michael: 9 OF DIAMONDS
Alyssa: JACK OF DIAMONDS
Lori: QUEEN OF SPADES
Maingame Bonus Prize: San Francisco
1. Last April, which TV sensation began her show by proudly confirming the authenticity of her reported sex tape?
A: Katie Couric
B: Chelsea Handler
C: Wanda Sykes
Lori: Wanda- INCORRECT
Michael: Chelsea- CORRECT (100)
CARD: ACE OF DIAMONDS; FREEZES AT 20
2. Michael Steele might not be a man of steel, but he certainly makes headlines as the leader of what political group?
A: Tea Baggers
Lori: Republicans- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 5 OF SPADES; PASSES TO ALYSSA (15)
3. Johnny Depp & Orlando Bloom have their swords raised high with what British lass in "Pirates of the Caribbean"?
Alyssa (she jumped the gun): "Pirates of the Caribbean"- OOPS
Choices for Lori:
A: Kate Beckinsale
B: Keira Knightley
C: Rachel Weisz
Lori: Keira- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 6 OF CLUBS (16)
4. An airplane bathroom is just one place to join the Mile High Club. Another might be an airport closet in what Mile High city?
A: Des Moines
Lori: Denver- YOU BET (300)
CARD: 10 OF SPADES, WHICH BUSTS ALYSSA
5. 8 OF CLUBS- MICHAEL WINS ROUND 1 (600)
Round 2 Base Cards:
Michael: 3 OF HEARTS
Alyssa: 4 OF HEARTS
Lori: KING OF DIAMONDS
1. Earlier this year, Fergie renewed her wedding vows with what actor?
A: Ryan Reynolds
B: Josh Duhamel
Alyssa: Josh Duhamel (she gave a questionable pronunication of him)- ACCEPTABLE (100)
CARD: 2 OF SPADES; PASSES TO LORI (12)
2. According to Essence Magazine, the average woman spends three years of her life doing what?
A: Watching "Oprah"
B: Making whoopee
Lori: Shopping- RIGHT (400)
CARD: ACE OF CLUBS; KEEPS IT (13)
3. If Ronald McDonald attempts a Double McTwist 1260, he's trying a snowboarding move that helped earn a 2010 Olympic gold medal for what redhead?
A: Andy Roddick
B: Drew Brees
C: Shaun White
Michael: Shaun- RIGHT (700)
CARD: 6 OF DIAMONDS; KEEPS IT (9)
4. Should C-3PO of "Star Wars" start dating a Motorola Droid, he'd be in a relationship with what?
B: Electric car
C: Cell phone
Michael: Smartphone- RIGHT (800)
CARD: 9 OF HEARTS; BUSTS LORI
5. In a major strike for minors in 1859, the discovery of the Comstock Load was the first major find of what mineral in U.S. history?
Michael: Silver- RIGHT AGAIN (900)
CARD: 4 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO ALYSSA (8)
6. David Letterman said it's impressive that what celebrity performed on "Dancing with the Stars" because she can't see her feet?
A: Pamela Anderson
B: Kathy Bates
C: Ricki Lake
Michael: Pamela- RIGHT AGAIN (1,000)
CARD: 10 OF DIAMONDS; FREEZES AT 19
7. 4 OF DIAMONDS (12)
8. KING OF HEARTS- ELIMINATED
Championship Round Base Cards:
Michael: 10 OF HEARTS
Lori: 3 OF CLUBS
1. Which organization will give you a few pointers on how to raise your pointers?
A: The Cat Fanciers' Association
B: The American Kennel Club
C: The Audobon Society
Michael: AKC- RIGHT AGAIN
CARD: 5 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO LORI (8)
2. It's no sin to indulge in what heavenly sponge cake that's made without egg yolks?
Michael: Angel Food Cake- RIGHT YET AGAIN
CARD: 9 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO LORI (17)
3. It may seem like an awesome mythological hero, but Isoceles is just a type of what?
Lori: Triangle- YES; GOES ON
CARD: 5 OF CLUBS, WHICH IS PASSED TO MICHAEL (15)
4. The dancing candlestick is no drip in what Disney musical about a pretty girl and a looks-challenged creature?
Lori: "Beauty & The Beast"- RIGHT; GOES ON
If this next card is a four or anything higher than a six, she has stolen this game. But a six will give Michael a sweep of the maingame.
CARD: JACK OF CLUBS- WIN
BLACKJACK BONANZA: Lori becomes the first player this season to only have two Power Chips to work with over here, but we've had people win it all in that situation.
HAND #1: 7 OF HEARTS
HAND #2: JACK OF SPADES
HAND #3: 5 OF SPADES
1. JACK OF DIAMONDS; PLACES IN HAND #3 (15)
2. 6 OF SPADES; HAND #3 CLEARED ($1K)
3. 8 OF HEARTS; CHANGES IT (one PC left)
4. 8 OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #1 (15)
5. ACE OF SPADES; HAND #2 CLEARED ($5K) AND STOPS WITH $6K
6. 3 OF DIAMONDS; WOULD'VE CHANGED IT
7. 4 OF CLUBS (19)
8. 7 OF SPADES
If she had gotten rid of both eights and played the last three cards on the first seven, she would've won the 25 grand.
Wipeout: This week's Round 3 will be a "Food Fight", because there will be an Italian-themed Spinner.
Qualifier: Hoop Run/Sucker Punch/Moving Big Balls w/ Motivator #1/Shake-a-Later/Shape Shifter
Eli "Rock Star" Gurian: 3:27.9
Jesse Carrion: 9:21.1
Rob "Math Whiz" Dickey: 3:56.6
Rico "Thunder" Curtis: 5:39.7
Rebecca "Lightning" Curtis (who happens to be Rico's wife!): 4:28.1
Eli, Rob & The Curtises are all going to the Double Cross, as are Amber "The Human Pretzel" Bronder, Kimberly "Vegan" Dreher, Tiffany "Lifeguard" Garcia, Catherine "Single Lady" Thoma, David "Big Baby" Damiani, Angel Jenkins & Jahed "ABC.com" Khan.
Advancing to The Cafeteria Spinner:
ADVANCING TO THE WIPEOUT ZONE:
2. Rebecca (in a round where EVERYBODY wiped out because of a ketchup attack!)
$1K BONUS WINNER: David
THE WIPEOUT ZONE: Dreadmill Launch/Gut Buster (which includes a hoop this week)/Sinistairs/Crank Shaft/Blades of Fury/Beater-Todder (this obstacle also has a hoop attached)
David & Rob CAN'T complete The Gauntlet in time...
...but Eli DOES with a winning time of 7:52.77!
The third season ends next week with back-to-back episodes, with one of them featuring "America's Finest"!
MTWI: NFL Week begins with the team of Bernard Berrian (Vikings wide receiver) & Amber Wright (49ers cheerleader). Remember, in charity games like this one, there's nothing to lose and everything to gain on each task. Amber's playing for the Bay Area Women's Sports Initiative and Bernard's competing for Second Harvest Heartland.
$1K: "Floatacious"- Stack five soda cans in a bowl of water on a plastic plate, then let the floating stack stay intact for three seconds.
1. Amber- PASS WITH :17 LEFT
$2.5K: "Ping Tac Toe" (as a team)
1. PASS IN :20
$5K: "Marbles Grande"- The team has to knock six red marbles from the center of a giant red hula hoop five feet away by throwing white ones at them.
1. PASS IN :12
$10K: "Bouncer" (as a team)
1. PASS WITH :21 LEFT
$50K: "Office Tennis" (as a team)
1. PASS WITH :16 LEFT
$75K (Bernard): "Egg Zone"- Balance an egg on four footballs.
2. INCOMPLETION #2
3. PASS WITH :20 LEFT
$125K: "Spoon Frog"- Both Amber & Bernard need to successfully complete a row of four glasses.
They...COMPLETE IT WITH 15 SECONDS TO SPARE!
("Millionaire" time's up horn)
Amber will attempt to get them to the $250K level tomorrow on an orange/white ball version of "Ping Tac Toe".
All shows get a 7 out of 10 rating tonight.