21: Wednesday's contestants are:
Eleanor ? (originally from Chicago)- A golfer who also works for a Jewelry business
A.J. Fries (Corona, CA)- A worker at one of the hottest spots in Chino Hills
Andy ? (originally from Seattle)- A hardware store worker in Beverly Hills
Round 1 Base Cards:
Eleanor: JACK OF HEARTS
A.J.: KING OF HEARTS
Andy: 3 OF DIAMONDS
Maingame Bonus Prize: Santa Cruz
1. You bet she's sleeping with the boss- what co-host of "The Early Show" on CBS is also married to network president Les Moonves?
A: Meredith Viera
B: Julie Chen
C: Deborah Norville
A.J.: Julie- CORRECT (100)
CARD: ACE OF CLUBS- INSTANTLY WINS ROUND 1 & TRIP (600)
Round 2 Base Cards:
Eleanor: 2 OF CLUBS
A.J.: 7 OF CLUBS
Andy: KING OF DIAMONDS
1. Though Mimi looks great in a mumu, what bodacious star has battled pregnancy rumors ever since marrying Nick Cannon in 2008?
Andy: Mariah Carey- CORRECT (100)
CARD: QUEEN OF HEARTS; FREEZES AT 20
2. Talk about 15 minutes of fame- according to a worldwide sex survey, 21% of the U.S. population has had what type of sex?
A: On an airplane
B: At work
C: In front of a camera
Eleanor: In front of a camera- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 5 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO A.J. (12)
3. Last year, some thought the Norwegians bombed when they awarded President Obama a Nobel Prize in what category?
Eleanor: Peace- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 3 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO A.J. (15)
4. If your husband puts on his windbreaker whenever he eats beets, what article of clothing is he wearing?
Eleanor: Jacket- RIGHT (300)
CARD: ACE OF DIAMONDS; KEEPS IT (3/13)
5. Clearly having "The Edge", which band has won more Grammys than any other?
A: The Beatles
C: The Eagles
Eleanor: The Beatles- INCORRECT
A.J.: U2- RIGHT (700)
CARD: 2 OF SPADES; PASSES TO ELEANOR (7/17)
6. What artifact that enabled the translation of Egyptian hieroglyphics shares its name with a language-learning program?
A: Holy Grail
B: Dead Sea Scrolls
C: Rosetta Stone
A.J.: Scrolls- WRONG
Eleanor: Stone- RIGHT (400)
CARD: 9 OF DIAMONDS; BUSTS A.J.
7. 8 OF HEARTS (13)
8. 9 OF SPADES- ELIMINATED
Championship Round Base Cards:
A.J.: KING OF CLUBS
Andy: QUEEN OF DIAMONDS
1. Proving that love is blind, what playful blindfolded god of desire takes aim at unsuspecting targets?
A.J.: Cupid- CORRECT
CARD: 6 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO ANDY (16)
2. If Edward Scissorhands had picking shears for hands, what would he most likely use them for?
A: Sharing sheep
B: Trimming trees
C: Cutting ribbon
Andy: Cutting ribbon- RIGHT
CARD: 5 OF HEARTS- WIN!
BLACKJACK BONANZA: Andy, here come your three Power Chips.
HAND #1: 10 OF SPADES
HAND #2: 2 OF DIAMONDS
HAND #3: 3 OF CLUBS
1. ACE OF SPADES- HAND #1 CLEARED ($1K)
2. 8 OF SPADES, PLACES IN HAND #3 (11)
3. 8 OF DIAMONDS; CHANGES IT (two PCs left)
4. QUEEN OF CLUBS; HAND #3 CLEARED ($5K)
5. 7 OF SPADES; CHANGES IT (one PC left)
6. ACE OF DIAMONDS; KEEPS IT (3/13; could've won $25K by now)
7. QUEEN OF DIAMONDS; CHANGES IT (no PCs left)
8. 5 OF CLUBS (18)
9. 3 OF HEARTS- BAD DEAL
MTWI: The night starts off with Amber Wright...FAILING the second version of "Ping Tac Toe", meaning she and Bernard Berrian will split all the money for their charities that they won last night, which is $125,000.
Now, for the new team- Pierre Thomas (Saints running back) & Visanthe Shiancoe (Vikings tight end). They're also playing for different charities- Pierre's going for The Children's Hospital in New Orleans, while Visanthe's representing the National Kidney Foundation of Minnesota & the National Capital Area.
$1K: "Bucket Head"- In this playing, both members of the team have to catch two balls apiece.
1. PASS IN :10
$2.5K: "Face the Cookie"- Each teammate has to successfully maneuver and eat an Oreo.
1. PASS IN A RECORD :14!
$5K: "Hut, Hut, Hike!"- As a team, they have to snap 10 rolls of toilet paper through a hoop 15 feet away.
1. PASS WITH :15 LEFT
$10K: "Junk in the Trunk"- Both team members have eight balls that they must shake out of their boxes.
1. PASS WITH TWO SECONDS LEFT
$50K (Visanthe): "Egg Roll"
2. PASS WITH FIVE SECONDS LEFT
$75K: "Split the Uprights"- Launch two triangular-shaped paper footballs using a single finger and have them land in a punchbowl.
1. Pierre- PASS WITH :27 LEFT
Their winning comes to a half after that, though, as NEITHER Visanthe or Pierre can conquer "Don't Blow the Joker" in our neck of the woods.
Everybody in the studio audience will receive a $25 NFL Shop gift card!
PvJ: On the fifth season finale in daytime, we'll see if three football wannabes "Can't Shake Lavar".
Devon Lyons (Pittsburgh)- Sales representative/ former Ohio State WR
Shawn Brady (Boston)- Landscaper/former Northeastern QB
Antomious Wise (Atlanta)- A bodyguard who played at four different colleges
PROS: Isaac Bruce, Jeff Garcia & LaVar Arrington
1. "Head to Head"- AW vs. LA
WINNER: LA, WIPEOUT
2. "Down & Distance"- SB vs. JG
WINNER: SB, 70-30
3. "Third & Long"- The quarterback & wide receiver of both teams are trying to connect on up to four passes that are more than 10 yards long.
WINNERS: Joes, 1-0 SHUTOUT
FINAL $10K GAME: With a 10-yard advantage, can this trio of Joes end the season with a big win?...
...YES BY A FINAL SCORE OF 2-1!!!!
Including the season premiere, the Joes teams end the season with a kinda lackluster 3-5 record, but that's better than the 1-7 record from Season 4!
10: "Pros vs. Joes"
7: "Catch 21" & "Minute to Win It"