Semi-Finals: In this round, there were two match-ups. Everybody had to make three dishes chosen by the judges within two hours. Whoever won two rounds first advanced to the finals.
1. David Miller vs. Sheetal Bhagat
2. Lee Knaz vs. Whitney Miller
David vs. Sheetal:
Gordon Ramsay- Clam chowder
Graham Eliot- Apple pie
Joe Bastianich- Veal Milanese
David won the first round, Sheetal won the second...
...and David advanced!
Lee vs. Whitney:
Graham: Eggs Benedict
Joe: Chicken Parmesan
Gordon: NY-style cheesecake
Lee struck first blood here, Whitney then tied it up...
...and she made it an all-Miller final!
CHAMPIONSHIP: Same as before, except that the two finalists got to make their own dishes, and whoever had the best overall menu won the grand prize package.
1. Sea scallop ceviche w/ cream of fresh pea soup
2. Beef Wellington w/ foie gras mousse & mushroom duxelle
3. Nectarine Crepe Suzette
1. Sweet shrimp w/ crispy corncake & turnip green pesto
2. Buttermilk chicken w/ creamed collard greens
3. Bread pudding w/ raspberry coulis & white chocolate sauce
After all was said & done, the winner of $250,000, their own cookbook and the bragging rights of being called the first American MasterChef was...
...WHITNEY!!!!! SPRAY THE CONFETTI!!!