21: Three weeks left this season. Episode 4125's panel:
Megan (Grand Prairie, TX)- University of Texas student
John (Cyprus, CA)- Married for 13 years
Meryl (Chicago)- A fast race car driver who should be married sometime this year
Round 1 Base Cards:
Megan: ACE OF CLUBS
John: JACK OF SPADES
Cheryl: QUEEN OF CLUBS
Maingame Bonus Prize: Reno trip
1. Pamela Anderson said goodbye to them in 1999, but later said she didn't feel like herself without them & got new ones. What are they?
Cheryl: Breast implants- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 6 OF CLUBS, WHICH IS PASSED TO MEGAN (7/17)
2. The House of Representatives, Senate or Supreme Court- which has the most members?
Megan: House of Representatives (100)
CARD: ACE OF HEARTS; FREEZES AT 18
3. For the 2009 TV season, what late-night program earned its first & undoubtedly last Emmy nomination- "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", "The Tonight Show w/ Conan O'Brien" or "Countdown with Keith Olbermann"?
Meryl: "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"
John: "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" (100)
CARD: 3 OF SPADES, WHICH IS PASSED TO MERYL (13)
4. Guys looking for a bigger tool can shop at what home improvement store whose motto is "Let's build something together"- Lowe's, The Home Depot or ACE Hardware?
John: The Home Depot
Meryl: Lowe's (200)
CARD: 7 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO JOHN (17)
5. At age 65, what woman decided she would go on tour "One Way or Another" w/ her band Blondie last year?
Meryl: Debbie Harry (300)
CARD: 2 OF CLUBS; KEEPS IT (15)
6. Speaking of lip service, in a 2010 Cosmo survey, the majority of guys said they get most turned on by what type of kiss- hard & passionate, soft & seductive or wet & sloppy?
John: Wet & slimy
Meryl: Soft & seductive (400)
CARD: THE OTHER BLACK DEUCE; KEEPS IT (17)
7. Perhaps hoping to raise little Oscars of their own, last year, Oscar winner Penelope Cruz married what Oscar winner from "No Country For Old Men"?
Meryl: Javier Bardem (500)
CARD: 4 OF DIAMONDS- WINS ROUND 1 & TRIP (1K)
Round 2 Base Cards:
Megan: 7 OF SPADES
John: 5 OF SPADES
Meryl: JACK OF CLUBS
1. It makes a lot of "scent" if "Dog the Bounty Hunter" is unable to track your fugitive, you could adopt what dog w/ the keen of sense of smell of all dog breeds- Border Collie, German Shepherd or Bloodhound?
Meryl: German Shepherd- INCORRECT
John: Bloodhound- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 2 OF DIAMONDS; KEEPS IT (7)
2. Ladies, the men in your life were probably excited to see the 2010 movie "Grown-Ups" for the goofball teaming of Kevin James, Chris Rock & who?
Megan: Adam Sandler (200)
CARD: KING OF SPADES; PASSES TO JOHN (17)
3. Today, you might get beat up for being named Claudius, Tiberius or Augustus, but historically, they were three of the first five what- Musketeers, Roman Emperors or Apostles?
Meryl: Roman Emperors- YES (1,100)
CARD: 4 OF HEARTS (14)
4. Long before online dating, Chuck Woolery helped pair potential partners on what long-running '80s game show?
John: "(The) Love Connection" (300)
CARD: JACK OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO MEGAN (17)
5. No man is an island & neither is Haiti, which actually shares an island w/ what other nation- Cuba, The Dominican Republic or Hawaii?
Megan: Cuba- WRONG
John: Dominican Republic (400)
CARD: 3 OF CLUBS- FREEZES AT 20
6. Male moviegoers loved her in Daisy Dukes, but women who loved her mom jeans look might buy what reality star's jeanswear line at macy's?
Meryl: Jessica Simpson (1,200)
CARD: KING OF CLUBS- MEGAN ELIMINATED
7. QUEEN OF DIAMONDS- BUST
Championship Round Base Cards:
John: 8 OF CLUBS
Meryl: 5 OF HEARTS
1. Think you're good at scoring? Try & score a 2,400, the highest possible score in what?
CARD: 2 OF HEARTS (7)
2. If you want to search for a legendary lost city of gold, you might use what former model of Cadillac that shares the same name- El Camino, El Dorado or El Sin?
John: El Dorado
CARD: 9 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO MERYL (16)
3. If you're newish to being Jewish & you're skiddish about your Yiddish, you should study up on what alphabet in which Giddish is written?
CARD: QUEEN OF HEARTS, WHICH IS PASSED TO JOHN (18)
4. Some guys just see dead people, but actor Michael C. Hall went from burying the dead on "Six Feet Under" to killing them himself on what SHOWTIME series?
Meryl: "Dexter"- RIGHT AGAIN
CARD: 6 OF DIAMONDS- WIN
BLACKJACK BONANZA W/ THREE POWER CHIPS:
HAND #1: 2 OF HEARTS
HAND #2: 4 OF HEARTS
HAND #3: 10 OF SPADES
1. 10 OF HEARTS; PLACES IN HAND #1 (12)
2. QUEEN OF DIAMONDS; PLACES IN HAND #3 (20)
3. KING OF DIAMONDS, WHICH IS CHANGED (two PCs left)
4. 6 OF HEARTS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (10)
5. 8 OF CLUBS; CHIPS IT (one PC left)
6. 8 OF DIAMONDS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (18)
7. 6 OF CLUBS; USES FINAL PC
8. JACK OF DIAMONDS- WIPEOUT
She had NOTHING to work w/ in this round up to that point, but if she had played that last six, she would've seen at least one more card.
TNG: As Cost Plus World Market Week begins, here are the first three couples:
Brian & Tania (who moved in on their second date together)
Greg & Jean (who enjoy embarrassing each other in public)
Jerry & Shevon (who got engaged inside the same post office they made out in two years ago)
1. "You've heard of personal ads that say 'Must love dogs', but if my wife made one, it would've said 'Must love ____________'."
2. Which of these best describes your wife's travel experiences to Girl on Girl Island- she has a couple of stamps in her passport, she once had a second home there or has she always preferred vacationing at the Eiffel Tower (this should've been the opening question)?
3. If you & your wife updated the famous saying "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" using the locale of your wildest night together, what word would replace Vegas?
BRIAN & TANIA:
1. Messy eaters- SURPRISES
2. Vacationing- STAMPS
3. My brother's truck- VEGAS
GREG & JEAN:
1. Watching sports- WINE
2. Vacationing- STAMPS
3. An ex-boyfriend's mother's bedroom- A FRIEND'S MOTHER'S ROOM IN SUNDERLAND, ENGLAND (5)
JERRY & SHEVON:
1. Eating- SPORTS
2. Vacationing- HOME
3. Downtown- JAMAICA
SECOND HONEYMOON: Caravan.com
1. Is the landscaping around your husband's sexual sundial most like an untamed Peruvian jungle, a grassy African plain or a bare Saudi Arabian desert?
2. Who was the President of the U.S. when your husband was born?
3. Tell me what's the most cutesy-wootsy way your husband likes to show affection.
30-POINT BONUS QUESTION: "If we each had to pick one place in the world to live for the rest of our lives other than our current home, I would choose ________ & my husband would choose ________."
TANIA & BRIAN:
1. Plain- PLAIN (10)
2. (Jimmy) Carter- CARTER (20)
3. Pretending to be a gorilla & protecting her from the other imaginary predators- BABY TALK
BONUS: Ireland & India- INDIA & IRELAND (50)
JEAN & GREG:
1. Plain- PLAIN (15)
2. (Ronald) Reagan- (BILL) CLINTON
3. Kisses- BED SONGS
BONUS: Cape Town (which is where they met originally) & England- STELLENBOSCH, SOUTH AFRICA (both)(30)
SHEVON & JERRY:
1. Plain- PLAIN (10)
2. Reagan- REAGAN (20)
3. Rubbing on her feet- TRYING TO BITE ON HER LIPS
BONUS: Italy & Paris- ITALY & PARIS (50)
Brian & Tania: 30
Jerry & Shevon: 40
Regardless if they win the trip or not, all contestants this week are getting World Market gift cards.
J!: Not much has happened the past two episodes, but let's see if Amy Larimer from Corpus Christi, TX (who's a fish/wildlife technician & a former 8th Grade school spelling bee champion) or one of these challengers can turn the activity around:
Daniel Trudeau (Brooklyn)- Communications associate
Nick Condon (originally from Lakewood, CO)- Research chemist
BIRTH OF A FIRST LADY
CONSONANT, VOWEL, CONSONANT, VOWEL (each correct word's four letters long & follows said order)
NATIONAL PARKS A-Z
STAR TRACK (the $400 clue's about Drew Carey)
Right after saying the correct response on the opening clue from National Parks A-Z, Nick goes Daily Double Hunting in the middle of Star Track...but he falls into the hole shortly after that. Once we're at halftime, Daniel's in Lock Game Territory w/ $4K, Amy has $1,600 & Nick's $200 on the good side. Later on, the DD's discovered by...Daniel under the $400 Enterprise answer; he's currently leading a male shootout over Nick, $6,200-$6K. He makes this clue worth $2.5K:
This website was originally "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web".
"What is Yahoo?"...good guess & correct to stay ahead w/ $8,700! Nick finishes Round 1 w/ $6,600 & Amy's first in Double Jeopardy! w/ two grand.
LACH TRASH (all unattempted): $1,600
MUSICAL FILL IN THE BLANK
WHO KILLED ME?
E BEFORE I
THAT'S LIFE SCIENCE
For the second consecutive round, Nick goes DDH right away, this time after being right on the first That's Life Science answer. He shifts to the $1,200 clue under Italian Literature...neither of the two in the round pops up on any of the $1,200 answers, but he does find one attached to the $2K You're Excommunicated clue; he's leading Daniel $17,400-$12,300, leaving Amy in a distant last place w/ $3,600. His wager this time's $5K of his $5,100 lead on the clue I'm about to show:
Giving his name to a "razor" in logic, he was an Oxford professor who stated church beliefs couldn't be proven logically.
"Who is (William of) Ockam?"...$22,400! And for the second episode in a row, BOTH DDs in this round of play are picked back-to-back (the other one's on the $2K That's Life Science clue); when's the last time that happened? For yet another five thou, here's a clue from Jimmy Maguire:
A bird's wing is composed of bones, similar to our arm & like us, birds have two bones between their elbow & their wrist w/ these names.
"What are the ulna & the radius?"...he completes a GOOD DD Sweep to get into LGT at $27,400!
SOLE ATTEMPTED TRIPLE STUMPER OF THE ROUND: $1,600 (Musical Fill in the Blank)
UNATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $3,600
TOTAL DJ! LACH TRASH: $5,200
Scores After DJ!:
Amy: $7,600- MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED
FINAL JEOPARDY! TOPIC: Show Business Families.
The car company that sponsored the radio show for which his father worked inspired the middle name of this filmmaker.
I knew this one fairly quickly.
Response: "Who is Francis Ford Coppola?"
Final score: $15,200
Daniel Trudeau...jumps to $30,100! Nick Condon...wins at $30,201! Amy leaves w/ $12,799.
L: The first teams of Week 2 of the new season:
Sheila & Kenneth (three-year friends)
Adan & Jordan (10-year friends)
S & K's Base Board:
A & J's Base Board:
First Ball Pulls:
S & K: 52
A & J: STOPPER
I can tell you that picking the Prize Ball is worth the iPod Shuffles.
#1 (S & K): They make women look more beautiful
1. B R U S H
2. B E E R S ($100)
1. 39 (43)
#2 (S & K): A guy does it, but hates it when a girl does it
1. S N O R E
2. S L U R P
3. S L A P S
4. S P O T S
FINAL TRY: S P I T S ($200)
1. 01 (14)
2. 82 (07)
#3 (S & K): Hot & wet, but doesn't give you that special feeling
1. D R E A M
2. D R E A D
3. D E B I T
4. D E L A Y
FT: D E C A F ($300)
1. 07- LINGO ($400)
S & K's Second Board:
#1 (A & J): Statuesque
1. A B O U T
2. A N G L E
3. A P P L E
4. A D E P T- TIME OVER
AFTER BONUS LETTER: A W _ _ _
S & K: A W A R D ($600)
#2 (A & J): My wife had this from the moment we met
1. P R O U D
2. P O W E R ($200)
#3 (A & J): My kids blush when I do it
1. R E A C T- TO
AFTER BL: R O _ _ T
S & K: R O B O T (A & J were about to guess that)($800)
#4 (S & K): Take the fun out of life
1. M O U S E
2. M A N O R
3. M A R C H
4. M A R R Y ($1K)
2. 01 (22)
#1 (A & J): Lick your lips to get this off
1. C H A P S
2. C O L O R
3. C R E A M
4. C R U M B ($700)
#2 (A & J): My best buds (I think I knew this one right away)
1. T H O R N
2. T U L I P
3. T O U C H
4. T R E A T
FT: T H R E A D
AFTER BL: T A _ _ _
S & K: T A S T E ($1.5K)
1. 07 (23)
2. 88 (35)
#3 (S & K): Lovable nuts
1. L O U S E
2. L O N G S
3. L O O P Y
4. L O O N Y- WIN! ($2K)
1. 23- LINGO ($2.5K)
#1: A L _ _ _
1. A L O N E
2. A L O N G (L----; $5K)(1:11 left)
#2: L _ _ S _
1. L O O S E
2. L O U S E
3. L O U S Y (LI---; $7.5K)(1:04 left)
#3: P E _ _ _
1. P E R C H
2. P E S T Y
3. P E N N Y
4. P E P P Y (LIN--; $12.5K)(:34 left)
#4: N _ _ _ S
1. N O S E S
2. N A S A L
3. N O N E S
4. N I N E S- LOSS (A: NICKS)
Monday's TPiRecap (doesn't include any special guests)
Start of Game 4
("Wheel of Fortune" rerun note for this week: Charlie O'Donnell's intros for the season premiere week shows from Las Vegas were NOT edited out.)
8: "Jeopardy!" & "The Newlywed Game"
7: "Lingo" & "The Price is Right"
6: "Catch 21" & "Millionaire"