21: A hopefully great eight episodes are left in this season. Taking part in today's extravaganza (Episode 4127) are:
J.C. (L.A.)- Army National Guard soldier
Keeley "Lock N' Key" Kaukimoce (Garland, TX)- Lock N' Old School Hip-Hop teacher
Danny ? (Las Vegas)- L.A. luxury hotel worker
Round 1 Base Cards:
J.C.: 7 OF HEARTS
Keeley: KING OF DIAMONDS
Danny: 6 OF CLUBS
Maingame Bonus Prize: Palm Desert trip
1. Tiny & juice, firm & fleshy or robust & round- last year, Cameron Diaz told Harper's Bazaar that her booty was what?
Keeley: Robust & round- NO
Danny: Tiny & juicy (100)
CARD: 2 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO KEELEY (12)
2. You might become a rare Double Showcase Winner if you bid hello to Contestant's Row on what long-running TV GS?
J.C.: "The Price is Right" (100)
CARD: 8 OF HEARTS, WHICH IS PASSED TO DANNY (15)
3. Lady GaGa's career developed so quickly, it's no wonder she's the face of what instant photography brand- Kodak, Polaroid or Photoshop?
Keeley: Kodak- NO
J.C.: Polaroid (200)
CARD: ACE OF HEARTS- FREEZES AT 18
4. If you wanna stay in tune w/ your partner, Cosmo reported that couples have 50% more sex if their bedroom lacks what?
Danny: TV- YES INDEED (200)
CARD: 8 OF SPADES, WHICH IS PASSED TO KEELEY (20)
5. "The Expendables", a movie w/ more aged beef than an Outback Steakhouse, was directed by what veteran action star- Martin Scorsese, Sylvester Stallone or Jackie Chan?
Danny: Sylvester Stallone (300)
CARD: 8 OF CLUBS, WHICH BUSTS KEELEY
6. 9 OF SPADES- J.C. WINS THE ROUND (700)
Round 2 Base Cards:
J.C.: 10 OF SPADES
Keeley: 5 OF CLUBS
Danny: 9 OF DIAMONDS
1. On a hot day, a lonely housewife might give the pool boy a Slurpee from what store chain?
Danny: 7-Eleven (400)
CARD: 4 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO J.C. (14)
2. "30 Rock", "The Biggest Loser" & "America's Got Talent" are all hit TV series on the network w/ what logo?
J.C.: The peacock (800)
CARD: ACE OF CLUBS; PASSES TO KEELEY (6/16)
3. In 1871, Irish immigrant Catherine O'Leary probably had a "cow" when one of her farm animals was blamed for starting a fire that wiped out what city- NYC, Chicago or Boston?
J.C.: Chicago- RIGHT (900)
CARD: 2 OF DIAMONDS, WHICH GETS PASSED TO KEELEY (8/18)
4. Ladies, if you want to look good pregnant as you did getting that way, you might buy maternity clothes at what specialty boutiques?
Danny: Pea in the Pod- RIGHT (500)
CARD: 7 OF SPADES, WHICH IS PASSED TO KEELEY ALSO (15)
5. What singer known for the raspy, Grammy-winning hit "I Try" proved she never sold out w/ her 2010 album "The Sellout"?
J.C.: Macy Gray (1K)
CARD: 10 OF CLUBS, WHICH WIPES OUT KEELEY
6. A woman named Michelle Robinson got a new married name in 1992 & later became a household name; who is she?
J.C.: Michelle Obama- RIGHT (1,100)
CARD: 4 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO DANNY (13)
7. If raking in dough's in your future, one day, you may be on the list of the "400 Richest Americans" in what financial magazine?
Danny: Forbes (600)
CARD: 7 OF CLUBS- FREEZES AT 20
8. 6 OF HEARTS (20)
FINAL CARD: 5 OF DIAMONDS- BUST
Male Championship Round Base Cards:
J.C.: 8 OF DIAMONDS
Danny: QUEEN OF CLUBS
1. You'll have to go back to square one if you don't know the corner of a square's measuring how many degrees?
CARD: JACK OF CLUBS- FREEZES AT 18
2. JACK OF DIAMONDS- WIN
BLACKJACK BONANZA W/ THREE POWER CHIPS:
HAND #1: 9 OF SPADES
HAND #2: 9 OF HEARTS
HAND #3: 6 OF DIAMONDS
1. 5 OF HEARTS, WHICH IS PLACED IN HAND #3 (11)
2. 3 OF CLUBS; PLACES IN HAND #1 (12)
3. 6 OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #1 (18)
4. JACK OF DIAMONDS- HAND #3 CLEARED ($1K)
5. 8 OF CLUBS (two PCs left)
6. 10 OF DIAMONDS (one PC left)
7. 8 OF HEARTS (no PCs left)
8. 2 OF CLUBS, WHICH IS PLACED IN HAND #2 (11; could've won $5K by now)
9. 4 OF CLUBS, WHICH IS PLACED IN HAND #2 (15)- BAILOUT
10. 8 OF DIAMONDS
TNG: Checking in tonight:
Kenny & Vivian (he dressed like The Tin Man, while she dressed like Dorothy)
Eric & Danielle (he's a train engineer, while she's a cupcake company owner)
David & Lori
1. Getting your wife in the mood's as easy as pushing a button, shopping cart or Charlie Sheen into rehab?
2. "Love means never having to say you're sorry; thank goodness, because otherwise I'd still be apologizing for that time I _________________."
3. If you added up your wife's measurements (bust, waist & hips), what would be the total?
DAVID & LORI:
1. Button- BUTTON (5)
2. Totally wrecked the apartment- CLEANED UP AROUND THE HOUSE (10)
3. 74- 82
ERIC & DANIELLE:
1. Cart- BUTTON
2. Lied- LIED (5)
3. 85- 100
KENNY & VIVIAN:
1. Button- BUTTON (5)
2. Broke up- LEFT STUFF IN THE CATCHER
3. 62- 68
SECOND HONEYMOON: The Westin St. John
1. The last time your husband's "train" entered "the station", would you say it was right on time, stayed a bit too long or arrived a tad prematurely?
2. "If my husband had never been born, the world would be a little less _____________."
3. If The Salvation Army showed up at your door, what item would you immediately donate from your husband's closet?
30-POINT BONUS QUESTION: "The kinkiest sex we've ever had was when we were in ___________ & the most romantic sex we've ever had was when we were in ___________."
LORI & DAVID:
1. On time- ON TIME (20)
2. Charming- CHARMING (30)
3. "It wasn't me" T-shirt- "IT WASN'T ME" SHIRT (40)
BONUS: The hot tub & our honeymoon- THE BEACH IN SAN DIEGO & THE FIRST TIME IN INDIANA
DANIELLE & ERIC:
1. On time- ON TIME (15)
2. Funny- HAPPY
3. A bright yellow "Bubba Gump" shirt w/ blue writing- "BUBBA GUMP" SHIRT (25)
BONUS: Barbados (both)- BARBADOS (both)(55)
VIVIAN & KENNY:
1. On time- ON TIME (15)
2. Of a computer person- ROMANTIC
3. Computer- JEANS
BONUS: His office & Paris- HIS OFFICE & PARIS (45)
Consolation Prize: sodastream maker
J!: The three-win mark awaits Jay Rhee, but so do these challengers:
Kate Sparich (West Debford, NJ)- A project manager whose dad's an FBI agent
Kartik Venguswamy (Washington, D.C.)- General litigation attorney/Hindu priest
LITERARY CROSSWORD CLUES "P"
BEN & JERRY'S FLAVORS
STUFF FOR YOUR COMPUTER?
At timeout #1, Kate's the leader w/ $2,400 & is $800 ahead of Jay & $1K over Kartik. The round's over after we deal w/ Lyndon B. Johnson & the Daily Double is caught by...Jay w/ $3,800 after being right on all three clues before that $800 one; the men are tied for first place & Kate's only $600 behind. The champion puts $2K at stake:
In 1955, LBJ became the youngest Democrat ever to hold this Congressional leadership position.
"What is Senate Majority Leader?"...he goes on to SWEEP this category to finish the opening round w/ $6,800!
SOLE ATTEMPTED TS: $1K (Literary Crossword Clues "P")
UNATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $2,400
TOTAL LACH TRASH: $3,400
Let's light up the following for Double Jeopardy!:
NATIVE AMERICAN TRIBES
Kartik picks off a DD on the second try in Styx & is going for a doubler. For $8,400 & the lead or a gooseegg:
Styx literally means "shuddering", expressing the loathing of this condition.
"What is death?"...he's definitely still alive in this game! He shortly goes hunting for the other one, starting on the $800 "Stone" answer...but Jay thwarts his plans on the $1,600 monitor related to those Native American Tribes; this game's getting exciting when it comes to the guys, because he's barely leading Kartik $16,800-$16,400; Kate's way behind w/ $4,800. This answer's valued at a C-note:
"Hau" in this tribe's language is a friendly greeting in both the Lakota & Dakota dialects.
"What is Sioux?"...good for $17,800.
SOLE ATTEMPTED TS: $1,200 (Native American Tribes)
UNATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $2,400
TOTAL DJ! LACH TRASH: $3,600
Kate: $8,400- MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED
FINAL JEOPARDY! SUBJECT: Literary Characters.
His "...remarks about the Confederacy...made Atlanta look at him first in bewilderment, then coolly and then with hot rage."
Response: "Who is Rhett Butler?"
Final score: $16,800
Kartik Venguswamy...LOSES EVERYTHING on Uncle Tom; in any event, Jay Rhee WINS another $25,601 & has a three-night total of $70,803!
L: This must be a very early-taped episode, because Bill's standing at his podium instead of near the podiums for tonight's teams. Regardless of that fact, here they are:
Eric & Melissa- Married for six years
Sam & Jackie- Engaged for two years
E & M's First Board:
S & J's First Board:
First Ball Pulls:
E & M: 01 (14)
S & J: 35 (23)
#1 (S & J): Liquid lunch
1. N O N C E
2. N U D G E
3. N U R S E ($100)
2. 43 (01)
#2 (S & J): It's very close
1. L U S T Y
2. L O P E S
3. L O R D S
4. L A N C E
FINAL TRY: L O R A C
AFTER BONUS LETTER: L O C _ _
E & M: TIME OVER
AFTER ANOTHER BL: L O C A _
S & J: L O C A L ($200)
The current gift for the Prize Balls is a couple of GPS units.
#3 (E & M): It never tastes very good
1. M O U S E
2. M O N T H
3. M U S I C
4. M U C I S
AFTER BL: M U C _ _
S & J: M U C U S ($300)
1. 11 (07)
2. 14 (77 & 82)
#1 (E & M): No underwear needed
1. K I C K S
2. K I T E S
3. K I L T S ($200)
1. 14- LINGO ($400)
E & M's Second Board:
#2 (S & J): These are free, but you don't want them
1. W H O L E
2. W A R D S
3. W A R T S ($500)
2. 01- LINGO ($700)
S & J's Second Board:
#3 (E & M): Homes for many
1. B A N K S
2. B A R N S ($600)
1. 35 (23)
#4 (E & M): A Harvard grad
1. D R U N K
2. D O R M S
3. D R E A M- TO
AFTER BL: D W E _ _
S & J: D W E E B ($900)
1. 11 (64)
2. 64- SECOND LINGO OF THE ROUND ($1,100)
#1 (E & M): Where the Kings play
1. C O U R T
2. C H E S S- TIE GAME
2. 88 (07)
#2 (E & M): Sticky & messy
1. S N A C K
2. S Y R U P ($1,600)
1. WINS GPS UNITS
2. 14 (01)
#3 (E & M): I saw Bristol Palin do this on "Dancing with the Stars"
1. T E A S E
2. T A P E R
3. T R A I N
4. T A N K S
FT: T A N G O- WIN! ($2,100)
(Note: For some reason, S & J's third board wasn't shown on TV.)
$100K BL: Eric & Melissa solve GRAMS & HOMES while using all their tries on BEIGE, so they depart w/ $6,300 besides the GPS thingies.
CC: Taking a ride in the two-time Emmy winner's "Cab" first are Rebecca, Michael & Seta; they're riding 30 blocks to 42nd & 5th.
1. Employing vaporized paraffin oil & plane exhaust, what method of communication usually takes place at altitudes of over 7K feet?
Guess: Sonic- X (A: Skywriting)
2. Long identified w/ UT-Austin, what breed of cattle have impressive headgear that measure up to eight feet tip-to-tip?
Guess: Longhorns ($50)
3. Born Chad Rowan, a 500-pound athlete named Aki Bono was the first American to achieve the top rank of Yokozuna?
Guess: Sumo wrestling ($100)(19 blocks to go)
4. Protesting an economy in ruins, Greek demonstrators stormed what iconic Athenian landmark on May 4, 2010?
Guess: The Pathenon- XX (A: The Parthenon)
1. Using an emergency slide, flight attendant Steven Slater dramatically exited his job w/ what airline last year?
Guess: JetBlue- CORRECT ($200)(13 blocks to go)
2. Far more fiberous than sandpaper, what metallic, scouring material can be used to start a fire w/ a nine-volt battery?
Guess: Steel wool- RIGHT ($300)
3. According to a 2010 British study, what body part comes in six different shapes including Roman, Nubian & Snub?
Guess: Nose- RIGHT ($400)
4. The famous painter of "Water Lilies", what Impressionist had cataracts that are thought to have contributed to his blurry style?
Guess: (Claude) Monet- RIGHT ($500)(five blocks remaining)
1. Located in the Southern Caribbean, the so-called "ABC Islands" consist of Aruba, Bon Air & what third Dutch protectorate?
Guess: Curacao ($700)
Final Question: A hybrid of a trumpet & a bugle, what brass instrument takes its name from the German word for "wing"?
Mobile Shout-Out: Seta's friend Susan
Guess: Flugelhorn- WINS $900; BAILOUT
Dan, Jonathan & Glenn are on a 31-block trip to University Place & 10th Street. They sweep their $50 Round.
1. Surprisingly readable, the 1939 novel "Gatsby: Champion of Youth" was written entirely without what vowel?
Guess: I- X (A: E)(commercial break taken w/ 16 blocks left)
2. The famed founder of an L.A. museum, what American oil tycoon once refused to pay a ransom for his 16-year-old grandson?
Guess: J. Paul Getty ($300)(eight blocks to spare)
3. Meaning "sandy skin" in Cantonese, what Chinese breed of dog has excessive wrinkles thanks to a genetic mutation?
Guess: Pug- XX (A: Shar Pei; they also considered Shih Tzu)
FQ: For those who like to gamble w/ shellfish, what dish traditionally consists of clams on a half-shell topped w/ bacon?
MSO #2: Jonathan's friend Sam
Guess: Clams Casino- WINS $400; BAILOUT
That's really bad news for Nick & Brice- while riding 34 blocks to The Comic Strip, despite a clean sweep on the MSOs (Nick called his girlfriend Lindsay on the first question in Round 2) for the night, they STRIKE OUT in seven questions on a DOUBLE RIDE & lose $500 as a result.
(Note: Ben got caught in traffic at least once during the first two games of this episode.)
HitW: The next two teams w/ Emily around:
Flexin' Pegs: Matthew (son), Bobby (dad) & Miguel (4th Grade friend; the two boys got caught flexing their pecs at the mirror)
Sweethearts of the South (Tennessee): Savannah (daughter), Ginger (mom) & Carrington
SotS: CLEAR (30)
Blindfold Wall Round:
Matthew (B) & Bobby (Cow jumping over The Moon): CLEAR (30)
Savannah (B) & Ginger (Dog at a fire hydrant): NO
Matthew & Bobby (swept up): 10 (40)
Savannah & Carrington (jarred up): 10 (40)
Dizzy Speed Wall Round:
Matthew & Miguel (Savannah & Carrington): NO
Ginger & Carrington (Matthew & Bobby)(puppets): NO
SUDDEN DEATH BETWEEN THE TEAM CAPTAINS:
IMPOSSIWALL #13: Savannah & Carrington have to do the Limbo on this one (w/ Teck on it)...but it's a complete miss.
Start of Game 2
7: "Ca$h Cab", "Catch 21", "Hole in the Wall", "Jeopardy!", "Lingo" & "The Newlywed Game"