21: Contestant-wise, here's the cast for Episode 4121:
Jan-David (Baltimore, MD)- Comedy club show manager
Sam (San Diego)- Theater house manager in Hollywood/former UC-Davis student
Kelly (originally from South Dakota)- An entertainment news program worker who was a former 13-year cheerleader & a 10-year gymnast
Round 1 Base Cards:
Jan-David: 10 OF SPADES
Sam: 10 OF HEARTS
Kelly: ACE OF DIAMONDS
Maingame Bonus Prize: Reno trip
1. Celebrity sex tapes are one thing, but last year, what veteran movie star's career combusted w/ the release of a series of sexist, racist audio tapes?
Sam: Mel Gibson (100)
CARD: JACK OF SPADES- FREEZES AT 20
2. Mariah Carey, Ben Affleck & Tyra Banks could be talking about their generation, which was born after the Baby Boomers & nicknamed what?
Jan-David: Generation X- CORRECT (100)
CARD: ACE OF CLUBS- WINS ROUND 1 & TRIP (600)
Round 2 Base Cards (no commercials):
Jan-David: 9 OF SPADES
Sam: 3 OF HEARTS
Kelly: QUEEN OF SPADES
1. Guys, according to Men's Health, most women say a guy should end a first date by giving the girl what- a friendly hug, kiss on the cheek or kiss on the lips?
Kelly: Hug- NO
Sam: Kiss on the lips- TRIPLE STUMPER
2. Guys, "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like" Nicole Scherzinger, the lead singer of what group w/ hits like "Don't 'Cha" & "When I Grow Up"?
Kelly: The Pussycat Dolls (100)
CARD: 5 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO JAN-DAVID (14)(first break)
3. A woman who tells her husband she'd like a good stuffing on Thanksgiving might send him out for what top-selling stuffing from Kraft?
Jan-David: Stove Top (700)
CARD: 2 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO KELLY (12)
4. Because he's a stand-up guy, what comedian was tapped to narrate "How I Met Your Mother" after playing a father on "Full House"?
Sam: Bob Saget (200)
CARD: QUEEN OF HEARTS- KELLY ELIMINATED
5. Fans of the movie "Pearl Harbor" know that FDR was President when WWII began, but who was President when the war ended- Dwight Eisenhower, Harry Truman or John F. Kennedy?
Jan-David: Eisenhower- INCORRECT
Sam: Truman (300)
CARD: 10 OF DIAMONDS- WINS SECOND ROUND
Championship Round Base Cards:
Jan-David: 4 OF HEARTS
Sam: 8 OF HEARTS
1. Talk about Bigfoot; it's no small feat that what former 325-pound Cleveland Cavalier squeezes into size 23 EEE basketball shoes- Kevin Garnett, Shaquille O'Neal or Steve Nash?
Sam: Shaquille O'Neal
CARD: 4 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO JAN-DAVID (8)
2. As if there wasn't enough oil floating around, the U.S. government's opening up more land for drilling on what state's North slope?
CARD: 2 OF SPADES (10)
3. As far as lots of men are concerned, our borders are wide open for what lovely actress from films like "Wild Wild West" & "Desperado" who was also an executive producer for "Ugly Betty"?
Jan-David: Salma Hayek
CARD: 7 OF HEARTS, WHICH IS PASSED TO SAM (17)
4. "Too big to fail" isn't the name of Kirstie Alley's reality show, but it does describe which of the following companies bailed out by tax payers in 2008- Citigroup, walmart or General Electric?
CARD: 5 OF SPADES, WHICH IS PASSED TO JAN-DAVID (13)
5. W/ its slender top & wide bottom, a bottle of Globe perfume pretty much has the same shape as which celebrity who endorses it- Jennifer Lopez, Kate Hudson or Jessica Alba?
Sam: Jennifer Lopez- RIGHT
CARD: 7 OF CLUBS, WHICH GETS PASSED TO JAN-DAVID (20)
6. Excluding watching his first "Seinfeld" rerun, what's a 13-year-old Jewish boy's rite of passage?
Sam: Bar Mitzvah
CARD: 5 OF CLUBS- WIN
BLACKJACK BONANZA W/ TRIPLE THE POWER CHIPS:
HAND #1: ACE OF CLUBS
HAND #2: 3 OF HEARTS
HAND #3: JACK OF SPADES
1. 4 OF HEARTS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (7)
2. 10 OF SPADES- HAND #1 CLEARED ($1K)
3. 2 OF CLUBS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (9)
4. KING OF CLUBS; CHIPS IT (two PCs left)
5. ACE OF SPADES- HAND #3 CLEARED ($5K)
6. 3 OF CLUBS (one PC left)
7. 7 OF CLUBS (no PCs left)
8. 2 OF DIAMONDS (11)
9. 4 OF DIAMONDS (15)- BAILOUT
FINAL CARD: 8 OF SPADES
He needed to have played that King or both the second three & the seven.
TNG: Friday's couple list:
James & Donna (they attempted to do the trapeze & skydiving when they were dating)
Adam & Susan (who apparently talk dirty while they're on the bed)
Steve & Heather (who have a shot glass collection from everywhere they've traveled)
1. When you think about how many times you've had sex in your life, is that number closer to the number of states in the U.S., channels on TV or stars in the sky?
2. "If you were to look up the word (s) _________ in the dictionary, you would probably see a picture of my wife."
3. Here's some hypnosis: Close your eyes & you're getting sleepy; when I snap my fingers, you will tell me which of your wife's friends you most want to see naked.
JAMES & DONNA:
1. States- CHANNELS
2. Baby love- BEAUTIFUL (they pronounce it in a different way)
3. Alden- ALDEN (5)
ADAM & SUSAN:
1. Stars- STARS (5)
2. Spicy- MOODY
3. Kelly- KELLY (10)
STEVE & HEATHER:
1. Channels- STARS
2. Fun- BA-DONKA-DONK
3. Patti (her maid of honor at the wedding)- PATTI (5)
SECOND HONEYMOON: The Buccaneer
1. If your husband were to try on your underwear right in front of us, what would we most likely say- "It sort of fits", "It's a bit snug in the front" or "Woah- congratulations, girl"?
2. "One thing my husband finds totally cheesy, but I still find totally romantic, is ___________."
Ashley Question of the Night: What piece of furniture's the most common dumping ground for your husband's stuff?
30-POINT BONUS QUESTION: "If there's a school out there offering sex ed for adults, I should take a seminar on ___________ & my husband should sign up for a class on ___________."
DONNA & JAMES:
1. Snug- SNUG (15)
2. Nothing- FLOWERS
3. Coffee table- KITCHEN CHAIR
BONUS: Having sex when I say it's time & not falling asleep so he can have sex w/ me- EXPERIENCING LOWER ENJOYMENT & WHEN THE WINDOW DOESN'T CLOSE (30)
SUSAN & ADAM:
1. Snug- WOAH
2. Flowers- SHARING A BOTTLE OF WINE IN FRONT OF THE FIREPLACE
3. Dresser- CLOSET
BONUS: More frequency of doing things w/ my mouth & foreplay- VISITING THE SOUTHLANDS & KNOWING WHEN THE TIME'S RIGHT (25)
HEATHER & STEVE:
1. Woah- WOAH (15)
2. Valentine's Day- OPENING THE CAR DOOR FOR ME
3. Kitchen table- COUCH
BONUS: Massages & seduction- DOING IT MORE REGULARLY & BEING BETTER W/ "DR. TONGUE & THE FUNKY SPOT"
J!: Jay Rhee has the chance to go 5-for-5 on the week w/ these two New Yorkers challenging him:
Elaine Garrett (Troy, NY)- College assistant director of admissions
Marc Tracy (NYC)- An online magazine writer whose dad was on the show about 25 years ago
Friday's First Six Topics:
IN THE BEGINNING
SITCOM BY CHARACTERS (two characters are listed per clue)
FOOD & DRINK BRANDS
NEW YORK CITIES & TOWNS (that might NOT be good for Jay)
THE NATIONAL TOY HALL OF FAME
"Y" IS THE ONLY VOWEL
Jay's in Lock Game Territory at the break w/ $4,600; w/ $1,200, Marc has doubled up Elaine. A little later w/ $4,200, Jay takes the Daily Double at the challengers' expense on the center NY Cities & Towns answer; Elaine's taken second place w/ $1,600. His wager's a C-note:
It's no myth, this city was named because of its location within the town of Ulysses.
Glad he didn't wager big this time, because he has NO guess. Correct: "What is Ithaca?". He ends the round, though, again in LGT at six large; Marc has $2,200 & second place by $200.
ATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $1,200
UNATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $1,600
TOTAL LACH TRASH: $2,800
Double Jeopardy! Subjects:
MAY I QUOTE YOU ON THAT?
REVOLUTIONARY WAR GENERALS
OUR TOP STORIES
STARTS WITH THE SAME 2 LETTERS
Three clues into May I Quote You On That?, Marc hits one of the round's two DDs at the $3,800 mark. Since he makes this answer worth $2.5K, he could move in front if he's right:
"No matter what happens, the U.S. Navy is not going to be caught napping," said Navy secretary Frank Knox December 4th of this year.
"What is 1941?"...he's the new first-place player w/ $6,300! Not long after that, something very unusual happens...just as Jay chooses the center square based on the Revolutionary War Generals w/ $6,800 & a $500 lead over Marc, we see a Double Jeopardy! graphic instead of the DD one- LOL (I think that's the first time Kevin has made a directorial mistake like that; the correct graphic still appears on the board itself)! At this point, Elaine has $3,600. The champion's bet this time's $3K (& we STILL see the DJ! graphic):
This last surviving general, who died in 1832 at 98, gave his name to a South Carolina site that later made big news.
"Who is (Thomas) Sumter?"...right for $9,800!
SOLE ATTEMPTED TS: $2K (Revolutionary War Generals)
UNATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $4K
TOTAL DJ! LACH TRASH: $6K
Heading into the Final:
Jay: $21,400 (LG!)
FINAL JEOPARDY! CATEGORY: World Capitals.
Built about 50 years ago, it's the only world capital to start w/ the letter I.
Response: "What is Islamabad?"
Final score: $16,900
Response: "What is Islamabad?"
Final score: $14.5K
Response: "What is Islamabad?"
Becomes five-time champ w/: $21,400
W/ a new grand total of $107,203, Jay Rhee has taken sixth place away from Kara Spak! He goes for his sixth win & the third-place spot on Monday night.
L: I'll tell you some scheduling notes about the Bill Engvall version of the show at the end of this recap; the teams are:
Jennifer & Cathy- A mother/daughter team confused as sisters who go to scrapbook expos
Terek & Tracy- A brother/sister who owns a dog named Jovi
(Note: Bill explains the rules of the game just before interviewing the teams while he's still at the hosting podium.)
J & C's First Board:
T & T's First Board:
First Ball Pulls:
J & C: 23 (01)
T & T: 44
#1 (T & T): You don't want to miss a payment to them
1. M O N E Y
2. M A K E S
3. M A I D S- TIME OVER
AFTER BONUS LETTER: M A F _ _
J & C: M A F I A ($100)
#2 (T & T): These are often slammed
1. D U N K S ($100)
#3 (J & C): Students carry these
1. L O D G E
2. L O N E R
3. L O A N S ($200)
1. 64 (52)
2. STOPPER #2
The gift for the first drawn Prize Ball's the two GPS units.
#1 (T & T): It's a very large organ
1. F L U T E
2. F L E S H ($300)
1. STOPPER #2
#2 (J & C): Right in the nose
1. S N O T S
2. S I N G S
3. S H O T S- TO
AFTER BL: S T _ _ S
T & T: S T A Y S
AFTER BL: S T U _ S
J & C: S T U B S
T & T: S T U D S ($500)
#3 (T & T): Loves to get laid
1. C H I C K
2. C R E A M
3. C R A M P- TO
AFTER BL: C A _ _ _
J & C: C A R D S
AFTER ANOTHER BL: C A B _ _
T & T: C A B E T
AFTER YET ANOTHER BL: C A B L _
J & C: C A B L E ($400)
2. 82 (14)
#4 (J & C): That's unreal
1. P L A C E
2. P O E M S
3. P I A N O
4. P H O N Y ($600; the word solve cue sounds before the word's light up)
1. 14- LINGO ($800)
J & C's Second Board:
#1 (T & T): People do this in the dark
1. G R E A T
2. G R O P E ($1K)
1. 07 (64)
2. 82 (01)
#2 (T & T): Could be in the front or the back
1. T R U N K ($1.5K)
1. 64- WIN! ($2K)
$100K BL: Terek & Tracy correctly say ACTOR & FATSO & have the timer expire on them w/ DRAFT, tripling from two grand to six.
Here's the episode order for the first 24 aired episodes:
Week #1: 39, 8, 30, 5 & 6
Week #2: 17, 33, 22, 24 & 26
Week #3 (this week): 35, 39, 4, 28 & 3
Week #4: 31, 23, 12, 2 & 21
Week #5: 16, 18, 27 & 25
As you know, there WON'T be a new episode on Independence Day. Also, there was at least one instance of BACK-TO-BACK $100K WINS!!! And finally, I think the Progressive stuff was used for the final 15 episodes that were taped.
CC: Friday's first ride that's 33 blocks long is taken by Allison, Courtney & Jody 57th between Sixth & Seventh.
1. In a rare smackdown w/ the Swiss, U.S. authorities failed to extradite what Oscar-winning director last year?
Guess: Roman Polanski- CORRECT ($50)
2. In a 2007 special edition, what classic board game added Bellybutton Fluff & Texter's Thumb to its list of ailments?
Guess: Operation ($100)
3. What bald, grime-fighting mascot's known as Don Limpio in Spain & Mr. Proper in Germany?
Guess: Mr. Clean ($150)
4. Famously sketched by Da Vinci in the 1400s, the aerial screw's said to be the precursor of what uplifting vehicle?
Guess: Helicopter- CORRECT ($200)
1. Also known as a Pawpaw, what soft, tropical fruit can turn your soles & palms yellow if eaten excessively?
Guess: Papaya- RIGHT ($300)(15 blocks left in regulation)
2. Unable to process a leap year, what MP3 players from Microsoft crashed on December 31, 2008?
X (A: Zoom)
RED LIGHT CHALLENGE: According to 2009 Census figures, four of the 100 most populated cities in the U.S. begin w/ the letter O; name them.
Correct cities given: Oklahoma City, Orlando, Omaha & Oakland ($550)(eight blocks remaining)
3. Located off the coast of Africa, what Spanish islands share their name w/ the trademarked yellow of Post-It notes?
Guess: Canary Islands ($650)(four blocks to go)
4. Meaning "brought silver" in Sanskrit, what's the official currency of India, Pakistan & Nepal?
Guess: Rupee (because they came back from India the day before)($750)
1. Revered by conservatives, what alarming, low-res graphic's used by Drudge Report.com to denote breaking news?
Guess: Pound sign (they previously wanted to guess hash tag)(A: Sirens, which we just heard)
Final Question: In medicine, what's the term for an arterial blood clot that migrates from point A to point B in the human body?
Street Shout-Out: Old Midtown lady
Guess: Thrombosis- LOSS (A: Embolism)
Game #2's players are Christina Linnere, Kim Greeter & a guy named K; their 31-block trail could lead them to somewhere on 230 Fifth Avenue & 27th. They sweep Round 1 & have 13 blocks left.
1. What species of animal's Paul, the unlikely oracle that correctly called eight matches in the 2010 World Cup soccer tournament?
Guess: Octopus ($300)(10 blocks to go)
2. Despite a 48-year American embargo, the original Tropicana nightclub's still a hopping hot spot in what Caribbean capital?
Guess: Havana- RIGHT ($400)(five blocks to spare)
3. According to the Pennsylvania Dutch, what pie gets its name because bugs must be constantly kept away from its molasses?
Guess: Shoo-Fly Pie ($500)(three blocks to go)
FQ: Dubbed "The Widow of Windsor", Queen Victoria wore a black morning dress for 40 years after the death of what royal husband?
NO GUESS (A: King Albert)
They're going to Gamble for a Grand.
VIDEO BONUS: Not your everyday ant hill, these towers of termite construction can reach heights of over 10 ft. Alluding to their resemblance to a type of church, what's the name for these mammoth mountains?
K's definitive response for the team is cathedrals...win!
The final riders of the week at night are Mark & Nick; they're aiming to dine at Rudy's Bar & Grill on 44th & Ninth 43 blocks from now. At the end of the second round, they have two strikes, $450 & this:
RLC #2: According to Britannica.com, the Himalayan mountain system lies within five Asian nations; name four of the five.
Correct countries said: India, Nepal, China & Pakistan ($700)
That's their last right answer...because they strike out at the very beginning of their $200 Round.
Millionaire Ninth Season Finale:
7: "Catch 21", "Jeopardy!" & "Lingo"
6: "Ca$h Cab", "Millionaire" & "The Newlywed Game"