TPiR: We need to first call on Grenz Henry, Hannah Hays, Grant Caluza & Shari Johnson before we can offer this first new gift held by Rachel, an iPad2.
Shari: $650/Grant: $675/Hannah: $700/Grenz: $550
In Freeze Frame (which Grant just missed out on playing by seven bucks), Shari overprices a trip to a Barcelo Hotel & Resort in Riviera Maya (Manuela at Door #3) at $7,721, when it was actually valued at $5,116.
After Janell Buky hears her name from George Gray, the second IUFB's the Danby beverage center (Amber in the clam).
JANELL: $700/Grant: $575/Hannah: $550/Grenz: $800
The bad news is that Grenz made a $1 overbid & the even worse news is that Janell immediately picks the $1,800 Danger Price attached to the Panasonic 50" plasma HDTV (Manuela).
Daisy Rock Girl Guitars (Rachel)- $630
Dimplex electric grill (Rachel)- $1,339
LG washer/dryer (Manuela)- $2,768
Going red third is Marko Paul & IUFB #3's the evolution power tool set (George & Manuela behind GPT).
MARKO: $755/Grant: $550/Hannah: $800/Grenz: $801
Grant from Long Beach, CA's in a comfortable position; he definitely won't be spinning The Big Wheel second this morning & could win the $19,995 Chrysler 200 (Rachel at Door #2) playing the Card Game. He finds a $2K range.
1. 2 OF HEARTS ($15,200)
2. KING OF SPADES ($16,200)
3. ACE OF SPADES; MAKES IT $2K ($18,200) & STOPS!
SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN #1:
Shari ($668): 55 + 85 = OVER
Janell ($799): 45 + 65 = OVER BY TWO DIMES
Grant ($20,595): WINS BY DEFAULT W/ $.65
Contestant #7's Joann Chu & PUFB #4's some Michael C. Fina Italian silver-plate flatware (Amber behind splitting sign).
Marko: BUCK (STAGE GARF)/JOANN: $750/Hannah: $450/Grenz: $500
After the second straight win from the blue spot (following two straight red wins), Joann from San Diego (who's a retired full-time teacher & currently working as a substitute) plays Hi-Lo for an Aico dining room w/ the Noritake stuff worth $5,827 (Manuela at Door #3). On the counter are Gold Bond Powder, Aunt Nellie's Pickled Beets, Kraft Velveeta Shells & Cheese, Spot Shot, Aspercreme Heat Pain-Relieving Gel & Milk-Bone Medium dog biscuits.
1. Remover: $4.79
2. Powder: $7.29
3. Aspercreme: $6.79- WIN!
Dog biscuits- $3.79
Hoping to keep the good luck going in the blue position's Collen Mills & the following GUFB's the T-Mobile Android MyTouch w/ the one-year plan (Amber & Rachel).
Marko: $700/COLLEN: $1,150/Hannah: $999/Grenz: $1,200
Grenz plays the Rat Race (Rachel) for some Australian Breville small appliances (Manuela), an iMac (Manuela) & the Mazda3 (Amber).
Rat Lane Assignments:
1. Suave Juicy Green Apple Shampoo: $2.25- $2.49; CAPTURES BLUE RAT
2. iPod Shuffle: $48- $49; CAPTURES GREEN RAT
3. Samsung 14 MP digital camera: $275- $219; CAPTURES PINK RAT
I feel pretty good about this.
DEAD LAST: Blue
iMac: Pink- WIN
MAZDA: Green- WIN!
The final new player's Sheila Hannah & the Thursday IUFB list finishes w/ a four-piece BCBG ensemble entirely worn by Manuela (in front of Contestant's Row). Hannah's been here the whole show, but she'll be making the final IUFB bid of the day.
Marko: $651/Collen: $520/Hannah: $549/SHEILA: $650
BANISHED TO MEMBERSHIP DESK: Hannah
Marko plays Pick-a-Number (Amber) for a black WaveRunner (Rachel at Door #3). Board:
$ 9 _ 2 9
NUMBERS AVAILABLE: 3, 5 & 7
His response's the same as mine, $9,729...perfect second half!
Joann ($7,416; second spin was a DUD): 60 + 20 = $.80
Marko ($10,478): 65 + 55 = OVER BY TWO DIMES
Grenz ($24,949): WINS W/ $.85!
That's just the second time this season both car winners are going to the Showcase; ironically, the exact same Pricing Game cars from the first time were offered today!!!
A MESSY FIRST SHOWCASE:
Door #2- Gardening equipment & $8K worth of Monrovia landscaping stuff (Amber; assuming one wins a Showcase, their car will be parked here)
In between Doors #2 & #3- Four-night trip to the Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort in Calistoga, CA
Door #3- Quartet of Kawasaki KLX-140 motorcycles (Manuela)
GRENZ PASSES TO GRANT; GRANT BIDS 21 GRAND ON TRIP/MOTORCYCLES SHOWCASE
MY BID FOR TRIP/MOTORCYCLES SHOWCASE: $25,245
GRENZ'S SHOWCASE (Rachel at Door #1): Rolex watch, The Maids one-year service plan, massages for a year & a London vacation at the Grosvenor House
GRENZ BIDS 23 LARGE ON LONDON SHOWCASE
MY BID FOR LONDON SHOWCASE: $21,135
ARP: $18,452- GRANT WINS!
Including his Chrysler moved farther left inside #2, Grant wins $43,802 in prizes.
TODAY'S PG RECORD: 4-2
TOTAL WINNINGS: $88,112
21: Thursday panel:
Kate (originally from Pontiac, IL)
Jody (Shreveport, LA)- Electrical engineer/insurance agent
Sean (originally from Folsom, CA)- A bartender who once went to Kenya during a college overseas program & traded his pants (!!!) for a chess set
Round 1 Base Cards:
Kate: 2 OF SPADES
Jody: 6 OF HEARTS
Sean: 6 OF DIAMONDS
Maingame Bonus Prize: Palm Desert trip
1. We know you can't take it w/ you, but who made over $1B the year after he died- Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson or Ray Charles?
Sean: Michael Jackson (100)
CARD: 6 OF SPADES; PASSES TO JODY (12)
2. According to a Men's Health.com poll of women, 87% of women feel they get preferential treatment if they do what- smile, wear a short skirt or accentuate their breasts?
Jody: Breasts- CORRECT (100)
CARD: ACE OF SPADES; KEEPS IT (13)
3. "No soup for you"; typically, it wouldn't be kosher for Jewish folks like Jerry Seinfeld to feast on what non-kosher food- salmon, bacon or chicken?
Jody: Bacon- YES INDEED (200)
CARD: ACE OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO KATE (3/13)
4. There was one member of the Clinton family that was neutered & it wasn't Bill; what was the name of Bill's Labrador Retriever- Socks, Milli or Buddy?
Sean: Socks- WRONG
Jody: Buddy (300)
CARD: 4 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO KATE (7/17)
5. Men must really like a powerful woman, because according to Meryl Streep, their favorite character of hers is seen in which movie?
Kate: "The Devil Wears Prada"- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 3 OF SPADES; FREEZES AT 20
6. How many U.S. soldiers survived The Battle of the Little Big Horn, "Custer's Last Stand"- all, half or none of them?
Sean: None- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 7 OF SPADES; PASSES TO JODY (20)
7. Raise your martini & yell at the maid to honor "Will & Grace" socialite Karen Walker, played by what two-time Emmy winner?
Sean: Megan Mullally (300)
CARD: JACK OF HEARTS, WHICH BUSTS JODY
8. 9 OF HEARTS (15)
9. 10 OF CLUBS- KATE WINS FIRST ROUND (600)
Round 2 Base Cards:
Kate: 2 OF HEARTS
Jody: 10 OF HEARTS
Sean: 5 OF SPADES
1. If Justin Timberlake's on stage holding his porkpie, he's drawing the audience's attention to what article of clothing- pants, vest or hat?
Jody: Vest- INCORRECT
Sean: Hat (400)
CARD: 7 OF CLUBS; PASSES TO JODY (17)
2. What six-time Wimbeldon winner did his grunting after his match, complaining about back & leg pain when he lost in the 2010 quarterfinals- Andy Roddick, Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal?
Sean: Roger (500)
CARD: 9 OF SPADES- JODY ELIMINATED
3. We don't know if she actually does ironing, but what modern British leader was nicknamed "The Iron Lady"- Margaret Thatcher, Princess Di or Dame Edna?
Kate: Margaret- RIGHT (700)
CARD: 2 OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO SEAN (7)
4. Though he was born after WWII ended, who won two Oscars for directing "Schindler's List" & "Saving Private Ryan"- James Cameron, James Robinson or Steven Spielberg?
Kate: Steven (800)
CARD: 5 OF HEARTS; PASSES TO SEAN (12)
5. Last year, what country found itself in a sea of controversy when it argued for the right to continue whale hunting- Canada, Ireland or Japan?
Kate: Japan- RIGHT (900)
CARD: JACK OF CLUBS- WINS SECOND STRAIGHT ROUND
Championship Round Base Cards:
Kate: 8 OF DIAMONDS
Sean: 10 OF SPADES
1. If Suze Orman's into naked short-selling, what's she selling- bikinis, lingerie or stock she doesn't own?
Kate: Stock- YES
CARD: JACK OF DIAMONDS; PASSES TO SEAN (20)
2. For almost 20 years, which brand of makeup has wondered "Maybe she's born w/ it"?
CARD: 5 OF CLUBS- SWEEP!
BLACKJACK BONANZA W/ FOUR POWER CHIPS:
HAND #1: 10 OF SPADES
HAND #2: 7 OF SPADES
HAND #3: 2 OF DIAMONDS
1. JACK OF CLUBS; CHIPS IT IMMEDIATELY (three PCs left)
2. 6 OF CLUBS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (13)
3. QUEEN OF DIAMONDS; CHANGES IT (two PCs left)
4. 8 OF DIAMONDS- HAND #2 CLEARED ($1K)
5. 9 OF DIAMONDS, WHICH IS PLACED IN HAND #3 (11; could've already won $5K)
6. JACK OF SPADES- HAND #3 CLEARED ($5K)
7. JACK OF DIAMONDS (one PC left)
8. 8 OF CLUBS (no PCs left)
9. 3 OF CLUBS (13; ouch)- BAILOUT
FINAL CARD: QUEEN OF CLUBS
TNG: Before Sherri can pose any questions to these couples, we have to meet them first:
Steven & Jessica (she was two hours late for her wedding)
Tom & Katie (who sing so loud in their car that she sometimes loses her voice)
Chris & Simone (who save wine corks)
1. Which of these hot drinks most reminds you of making love to your lady- coffee (strong & eye-opening), tea (dependable & soothing) & hot chocolate (creamy & delicious)?
2. Aside from your wedding day, what was the best day of your life?
"JEOPARDY!" ANSWER: Your wife's butt
STEVEN & JESSICA:
1. Coffee- COFFEE (5)
2. Birth of his son on July 21st- BIRTH OF THEIR SON (10)
3. "What is her favorite body part?"- "WHAT IS JUICY?"
TOM & KATIE:
1. Hot chocolate- TEA
2. Their engagement day- PROPOSAL DAY (5)
3. "What is her favorite body part?"- "WHAT IS SEXY?"
CHRIS & SIMONE:
1. Coffee- TEA
2. Vegas vacation- ENGAGEMENT DAY
3. "What is her heart?"- "WHAT IS ROUND?"
SECOND HONEYMOON: Omni Cancun
1. Your husband may not be Brett Favre, but just how many comebacks has he had in a single night?
2. Which of these women knew your husband best during his college years- the librarian, the cook at the cafeteria or the sales lady at the liquor store (not sure why this wasn't the first R2 question instead of the second)?
macy's Question of the Night: Which item in your own fashion collection would your husband want to see on you while you're strutting down a catwalk?
30-POINT BONUS QUESTION: "The one friend of my husband's who's so annoying that I would love to issue a restraining order against him is _________, but the one friend of my husband's who's so hot that I always have to restrain myself around is ___________."
JESSICA & STEVEN:
1. Two- THREE
2. Sales- SALES (20)
3. Nothing- LINGERIE
BONUS: Bert & Luke- NOBODY
KATIE & TOM:
1. Three- THREE (15)
2. Sales- SALES (25)
3. Little black dress- HER CURRENT BELT
BONUS: Nobody & Ryan- NONE & RYAN (55)
SIMONE & CHRIS:
1. Two- TWO (10)
2. Cook- LIBRARIAN
3. Victoria's Secret sheer nightshirt- A SHIRT SHE HAD ON THE OTHER NIGHT (20)
BONUS: Jumbo (that happens to be Jim's nickname) & Drew- JIM & DREW (50)
Consolation Prize: Omaha Steaks
WoF: This is going to be the last teams episode of the season. The first Toss-Up lights up an Occupation:
_ I _ _ _
E N _ _ _ _ _ R
Athalie & Nilda solve CIVIL ENGINEER fairly quickly. Here are the team bios:
Athalie Laguerre & Nilda Collinet (Brooklyn)(sisters)- Athalie recently quit her job at a popular social network in order to write a book, while Nilda's a registered nurse; they have matching tattoos to honor Haiti after their earthquake
Mike & Steven Posey (uncle/nephew)- Steven's a mathematician at the Naval Oceanographic Office, while Mike's working on his Master's Degree in Educational Administration & is a teacher for students w/ disabilities at Pearl River Central High School (where he graduated); Steven's also working on his Master's
June & Tracy Wilson (daughter/mother)- Tracy's a software engineer for theme park attractions, while June's a retired technical expert for Social Security & enjoys going on cruises
Back to the TU board, where the category of the $2K puzzle's Place:
_ O _ O _
S P _ _ D W _ Y
June & Tracy start their money engines on a MOTOR SPEEDWAY.
The first pair of trips at stake this evening, sponsored by the upcoming comedy "Zookeeper" (whcih premieres in theaters July 8th), is to Boston worth $9,060; this is a Meineke Jackpot/Before & After Round. First, June & Tracy call a $550 T but then a dud in H. Second, Athalie & Nilda Bankrupt in between $600 & $900 right away. Third, Mike & Steven call three S's for $1,200, buy two E's, an I & an A, light three N's for another $1.5K & buy the other two vowels (two O's & a U) before they get...
_ O N _ / I S _ A N _
S O U N _
E _ _ E _ T S
...& they'll be making some LONG ISLAND SOUND EFFECTS, because they've won their first $2K & tied for the lead.
SOLE DUD: $300 H (June & Tracy)
SOLE BANKRUPT: Athalie & Nilda
LEFT BEHIND IN JACKPOT: $6,750
Prize Puzzle Round category's Phrase. Athalie & Nilda's first spin of the wheel this time lands on a $550 space, but they lose another turn quickly w/ T. Second, Mike & Steven call three R's for $1,350, purchase all the vowels just like that (three E's, five A's, two O's & one I & U) & we have...
_ _ E A _ E / _ A _ E
_ O U R / _ O A R _ I _ _
_ A _ _ / R E A _ _
...PLEASE HAVE YOUR BOARDING PASS READY, guys- in addition to another hundred bucks to split, you've each won a stay at The Breakers Condominiums in Fort Walton Beach, FL worth a combined $7,300, a total of $9,400 in cash & The Sunshine State.
SOLE DUD: $550 T (Athalie & Nilda)
TONIGHT'S SPIN ID: GM0357508 (Gilbert M. from New Mexico)
They also keep control as the Mystery Round begins w/ the puzzle falling under the topic of Show Biz. This duo begins w/ a Lose a Turn hit. Second, June & Tracy call three T's for $1,800 & buy five E's, followed by three N's for that Omaha Steaks gift tag but then an E bobble just before buying the I. Third for Athalie & Nilda are a $500 R, trip M's for another nine bills, two O's, a $300 F & a $1K pair of L's, then...
_ _ O L E _ O M E
F A M _ L _
E N T E R T A _ N M E N T
...they prove this can be WHOLESOME FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT for $2,450 extra & a new shared money total of $3,450.
SOLE LaT: Mike & Steven
SOLE DQ: June & Tracy (E duplication)
It's $3K TU time on a city that we can find On the Map:
_ _ _ T _
_ A _ _ _ _ _ A
Athalie & Nilda goof w/ NORTH DAKOTA, which is two letters short of qualification.
_ _ _ T _
_ A _ O _ _ _ A
June & Tracy pick NORTH CAROLINA...but that's the wrong one.
S O U T H
_ A _ O L _ N A
Mike & Steven get the SOUTH CAROLINA steal to pad their leading total to $12,400 in cash & trips.
We then ask What Are You Doing? for probably the only time on the night. The guys lead off w/ a $1,050 trio of N's, then they buy three I's before their good vowel luck finally runs out on the O's. June & Tracy secondly put up a $500 G & a $1.5K T trio, then a $300 H, a $700 S but then the other negative vowel in the round (A). After that, Athalie & Nilda fire away w/ a $5K R...
I N _ E S T I N G / I N
T H E / _ _ T _ R E
...& they're INVESTING IN THE FUTURE to get closer to the men's team w/ $8,450.
DUDS: A (June & Tracy), O (Mike & Steven)
Last Chance Round subject's Event & the consonants are all worth the biggie of $6K! Once a C pops up...
_ _ N _ _ _
_ R _ N C _
...Steven nails SUNDAY BRUNCH to win the match for him & Mike w/ $18,400 in cash & travel! Athalie & Nilda divide up $8,450 & The Wilsons get a non-gooseegged $2K.
$28,850 in cash & vacations have been won this Thursday.
NO BANKRUPT TRASH TONIGHT
Maxwell House Big Money Round: The Poseys are good players, especially because they frequently buy vowels. Let's see how big of a factor that will play here as they play for a couple of Toyota Venzas &/or up to 100 grand. Steven spins the I in WIN at the end of his strong Bonus Wheel spin, Mike hands the corresponding envelope to Mr. Sajak & their BMR category's Thing. It has eight letters & here's what's up there to begin:
_ E _
_ _ _ E _
They call BCDI & I really like their chances w/ the following...
_ E B
_ I D E _
...but Steven still only gets the first word. That means we'll soon be seeing a WEB VIDEO of them losing $30K; they go home w/ $18,400 in cash & trips.
L: I didn't mention this at the end of last night's exciting recap, but Christina & Tamara tied the non-reality GSN GS winnings record of $102,200 w/ "Russian Roulette's" Todd Truly!!! In the next 30 minutes, we'll find out how much one of these cousin teams will depart w/:
Diane & Stephanie
Brian & Ashley
D & S's Base Board:
B & A's Base Board:
Just to let you know, NOT all of the episodes this season will have the Mystery Balls &/or the bonus third letter for the first Bonus Lingo word; this is one of those shows.
D & S: 57
B & A: 39
#1 (D & S): A bubble that never pops
1. L O V E R
2. L I V E R
3. L E A S E
4. L E V E L ($100)
1. 14 (01)
#2 (D & S): What happens in Vegas
1. C A R R Y
2. C O U N T
3. C A R G O
4. C R A P S ($200)
1. 82 (57)
#3 (B & A): I can't believe the ditch fell in love w/ them
1. T I G E R
2. T R A M P ($100)
2. 88 (01 & 07)
#1 (B & A): Donald Trump has a big one
1. Y A C H T ($300)
1. 77 (39)
2. 82 (11)
#2 (B & A): Michael Jordan lost his & doesn't care
1. B E A R D
2. B O A R D
3. B R O W N
4. B R U S H ($500)
2. 23 (64)
#3 (B & A): Nice rack
1. S E A R S
2. S M I L E
3. S O R R Y
4. S L I C E
FINAL TRY: S P I C E ($700)
1. 64- LINGO ($900)
B & A's Second Board:
#4 (D & S): You need help breathing
1. D O U B T
2. D R A I N
3. D R I N K
4. D I V E R ($400)
2. STOPPER #2
#1 (D & S): They leave you outside in the cold
1. E A R T H
2. E A G E R
3. E D I T S
4. E X I T S- TIE GAME
1. 01- LINGO FOR THE LEAD! ($1,400)
D & S's Second Board:
#2 (B & A): The way guys would like girls to describe them
1. M A G I C
2. M A C H O
3. M A R K S
4. M E S S Y
FT: M E A N Y
AFTER BL: M E A _ Y
D & S: M E A T Y ($1,900)
#3 (B & A; they need to get this word right & make a second Lingo to stay in the game): Jon & Kate went through a lot of these
1. W A T E R
2. W I P E S ($1,400)
The balls they are looking for right away are 07, 11, 39 & 82.
1. PRIZE- LOSS
They leave w/ the iPod Shuffles.
$100K BL: Diane & Stephanie are going for a total of $101,900, all in money.
#1: A U _ _ _
1. A U D I T (L----; $3,800)(1:23 left)
#2: H _ _ O _
1. H O T E L
2. H O I S T
3. H O N O R (LI---; $5,700)(1:01 left)
#3: F _ I _ _
1. F I N A L
2. F A I N T (LIN--; $9.5K)(:48 left)
#4: C _ R _ _
1. C A R R Y
2. C A R G O
3. C A R T S (LING-; $17,100)(:29 left)
Oh boy, they're way ahead of schedule...
#5: B _ _ O _
1. B O N U S
2. B O U N D
3. B L I N D
4. B R I N G- PAINFUL LOSS (A: BATON)
...BUT THEY STILL FALL SHORT!!! Darn. Oh well, they still leave w/ a very nice $17,100!
(Also tonight: A Triple Stumper ended Final Jeopardy!, but Mary Anna Martell had a lock game & became the new champion w/ $16,800; Tim Kuehn left w/ $19,201.)
8: "Catch 21", "Lingo", "The Newlywed Game" & "The Price is Right"
6: "Jeopardy!" & "Wheel of Fortune"