These contestants are hoping for a great Episode 4098:
Lindsey (Montana)- A big New England Patriots fan who formerly played for the University of Idaho's women's basketball team (in her best game, she scored 29 points)
Daniel (L.A.)- Freelance graphic designer/high school football coach
Matt (originally from Chicago)- Huge Chicago Bears fan
Round 1 Base Cards:
Lindsey: 3 OF SPADES
Daniel: 3 OF CLUBS
Matt: 8 OF CLUBS
Maingame Bonus Prize: Palm Springs trip
1. Forget John Kerry, the real flip-flopper's what actress who had a love affair w/ Ellen DeGeneres, then married a cameraman- Portia de Rossi, Sharon Stone or Anne Heche?
Matt: TIME OVER
Lindsey: Portia- INCORRECT
Daniel: Anne Heche (100)
CARD: ACE OF SPADES; KEEPS IT (4/14)
2. Last year, Tribune Media announced that after 86 years of hair-curling adventures, there would be no "Tomorrow" for what cancelled comic strip- "Peanuts", "Annie" or "Broom Hilda"?
Lindsey: "Annie"- CORRECT (100)
CARD: 2 OF DIAMONDS; KEEPS IT (5)
3. According to Cosmo, having regular sex can help relieve which of these conditions- diabetes, migraines or backaches?
Lindsey: Backaches- WRONG
Matt: Migraines (100)
CARD: 3 OF HEARTS (11)
4. Though the concert never actually happened, the most successful concert film of all-time featured the concert rehearsals of which artist?
Lindsey: "This Is It"
Daniel: Michael Jackson, "This Is It" (200)
CARD: 10 OF SPADES, WHICH IS PASSED TO LINDSEY (15)
5. When your wife mashes your Garbanzos into patties & then fries them, what's she making- fajitas, falafel or fudge?
Matt: Falafel- RIGHT (200)
CARD: 5 OF SPADES; PASSES TO LINDSEY (20)
6. At the 2010 World Cup, the players complained about Vuvuzelas in the stands, which are what?
Matt: Horns (300)
CARD: 3 OF DIAMONDS, WHICH BUSTS LINDSEY
7. Sailors might say "Hello, goodbye" as they pass what English seaport, where all four members of The Beatles were born- Belfast, Liverpool or Glasgow?
Matt: Liverpool (400)
CARD: 5 OF HEARTS, WHICH IS PASSED TO DANIEL (9/19)
8. It's no joke, what late night host previously won an Emmy for his co-hosting duties on the GS "Win Ben Stein's Money"- Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel or Conan O'Brien?
Matt: Jimmy Kimmel (500)
CARD: 5 OF CLUBS, WHICH GETS PASSED TO DANIEL (14)
9. In 1987, the Iran-Contra hearings were controversial thanks to testimony from what Marine colonel?
Matt: Oliver North- RIGHT AGAIN (600; another choice was G. Gordon Liddy)
CARD: JACK OF HEARTS- WINS ROUND & TRIP (1,100)
Round 2 Base Cards:
Lindsey: 6 OF HEARTS
Daniel: 9 OF SPADES
Matt: KING OF HEARTS
1. What band had tongues wagging w/ the 2009 release of "Sonic Boom", featuring songs co-written by Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley- The Eagles, KISS or AC/DC?
Lindsey: The Eagles
Matt: KISS (1,200)
CARD: KING OF CLUBS- FREEZES AT 20
2. It's not just a Bourbon legend, but bourbon whiskey can be used to make which traditional cocktail- margarita, martini or Manhattan?
Daniel: Manhattan- RIGHT (300)
CARD: 9 OF HEARTS, WHICH IS SENT TO LINDSEY (15)
3. In June 2010, stars Catherine Zeta-Jones & Scarlett Johansson won what Broadway performing arts awards?
Lindsey: Tonys (200)
CARD: KING OF SPADES, WHICH IS PASSED TO DANIEL (19)
4. Hans Geiger would probably get ticked off if you forgot that he invented the Geiger Counter, which is used to detect what- blood pressure, radiation or earthquakes?
Daniel: Radiation- RIGHT (400)
CARD: 7 OF CLUBS- LINDSEY ELIMINATED
DANIEL'S LAST CARD: 10 OF HEARTS- BUST
Championship Round Base Cards:
Daniel: ACE OF DIAMONDS
Matt: 9 OF CLUBS
1. If you want to "pump up" your shoe collection, try buying pumps from what company known for its fashion footwear- Aveda, Nine West or Sephora?
Matt: Nine West
CARD: QUEEN OF DIAMONDS (19)
2. Speaking of bird brains, before it became extinct, what large, flightless bird was probably NOT the brightest in the flock- the tufted twit, puffy pinhead or dodo?
A 10 or face card will lose the game for him.
CARD: 4 OF DIAMONDS, WHICH IS PASSED OVER TO DANIEL (5/15)
3. If George Washington had you for tea at his Mount Vernon estate, you'd be overlooking what river- Mississippi, Potomac or Hudson?
Matt: Potomac; GOES ON
He'll be happy w/ an Ace or deuce, but not w/ a six. Anything else & we go on.
CARD: 10 OF CLUBS, WHICH IS ALSO SENT TO DANIEL (15)
4. On Summer nights in 2010, a sing-a-long re-release of what musical had audiences swinging their Poodle Skirts & singing "Beauty School Dropout"?
Matt: "Grease"; GOES ON
Again, he's allowed to take an Ace or two. But at this point, at least a seven will win him the game. Remember, any six's a loser.
CARD: ACE OF HEARTS- FREEZES AT 20
5. JACK OF SPADES- MATT SWEEPS UPFRONT GAME!
ANOTHER BLACKJACK BONANZA W/ FOUR POWER CHIPS:
HAND #1: QUEEN OF SPADES
HAND #2: 7 OF HEARTS
HAND #3: JACK OF SPADES
1. KING OF CLUBS; CHANGES IT (three PCs left)
2. 9 OF SPADES; PLACES IN HAND #1 (19)
3. 8 OF CLUBS; CHIPS IT (two PCs left)
4. QUEEN OF CLUBS (one PC left)
5. 6 OF HEARTS; PLACES IN HAND #3 (16; could've been on the board by now)
6. ACE OF DIAMONDS; PLACES IN HAND #2 (8/18; could've won $5K by this point)
7. 10 OF HEARTS (no PCs left)
8. 3 OF DIAMONDS- HAND #2 CLEARED ($1K)- GOES ON
9. 4 OF CLUBS; PLACES IN HAND #3 (20)- BAILOUT
10. 2 OF HEARTS
FINAL CARD: ACE OF CLUBS- HORRIBLE DEAL
That's the first time ever (& maybe the only time) we've seen a BAD BAILOUT like that. There was NO chance he would go the distance w/ those cards, but he should've won at least $5K in this endgame. Here was another way he could've possibly won:
HAND #1: (QS)(KC)(AD)
HAND #2: (7H)(8C)(6H)
HAND #3: (JS)(9S)(2H)
EPISODE RATING: 6