MDMG: Here are six video gamers playing for some real dough:
Gordon Bellamy (Reston, VA)- Game Developers Association chairman
Raphi Lima- Music composer
John Gibson- Marketer
Chad Jones (L.A.)- Administrations manager
Frank Tota (NYC)
Entrepreneur Aman Chaudhary- Illustrator
1. In 2009, an Ohio State University website offered two tips to make game days more environmentally-friendly. If you change the first two letters of the first tip, you'll get the second tip. What are these two tips?
Current Guess: Recycle & bicycle
FINAL GUESS: Bicycle & recycle- CORRECT ($6K)
FIRST VOTE- GO ON
2. People have been taking a version of this test since 1350 B.C., even though there's no real way to pass it. It can be when one plus one becomes one, two, three, four, eight or more; what's this test?
Current Guess: Pregnancy test
FINAL GUESS: Pregnancy test- RIGHT ($12K)
SECOND VOTE- GO ON
3. John Dennis had his theater invention swiped, prompting what three-word phrase?
Current Guess: Stealing your thunder
FINAL GUESS: Stealing your thunder- YES ($24K)
THIRD VOTE- GO ON
4. In 1971, a golfer found his outfit to be a bit restricting, so he decided to try swinging his club w/ one hand. By all accounts, the ball traveled over 200 yards...not bad for an amateur. What was this man's profession?
Current Guess: Tennis player
FINAL GUESS: Tennis player- WRONG (A: Astronaut; their other guess was baseball player)
5. Inside the black box's an item that you can use to prove correctly that 9 + 8 = 5 & 7 + 11 = 6.
Current Guess: Clock
FINAL GUESS: Clock- RIGHT ($48K)
FOURTH VOTE- GO ON
6. To succeed in this job, professionals need to think inside the box & make "the invisible visible". According to a famous one, they pull on ropes & deal w/ strong winds, but you won't hear them complain about it; who are they?
Current Guess: Mimes
FINAL GUESS: Mimes- RIGHT ($72K)
FIFTH VOTE- GO ON
7. This company's label hasn't really changed much since 1921. Now, there are 31 grapes, eight currants, an apple & a few greens, although the product's definitely NOT meant to go in your mouth. What's the company?
Current Guess: Fruit of the Loom
FINAL GUESS: Fruit of the Loom ($120K)
SIXTH VOTE- GO ON
8. What logistical problem traveling from Hong Kong to China does this bridge solve?
Current Guess: Driving on different sides of the road
FINAL GUESS: Driving on different sides of the road- RIGHT AGAIN ($210K)
SEVENTH VOTE- GO ON
9. Schoolkids in the U.K. were all abuzz when "Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban" came out. Even though U.K. shops were open all day & had them in stock, the book didn't go on sale until 3:45 PM on July 8, 1999. Why did they go on sale at that precise time?
Current Guess: The sequence of the numbers are significant to the train times for hogwarts
FINAL GUESS: The sequence of the numbers are significant to the train times for hogwarts- NO (A: To prevent kids from skipping school)
Final Question This Week: They're found around the world & one of the oldest continuously-operating ones is in Bologna, Italy. Despite offering a wealth of things to do, some women to to them w/ the sole intent of snagging a robe & a bachelor. Whey do they go?
Current Guess: University
FINAL GUESS: University- YES ($360K)
EIGHTH VOTE- RETURN NEXT TIME
FGN: Let's try again to give away the $10K treat to one of these two families, even though there's NO Halloween designs in the studio:
Red Team: Michelle (a young cook), Christopher (brother), Thomas (dad/motorcycle maniac) & Denise (mom)
Yellow Team: Ashley (who wants to be a lawyer because she says she's so good at arguing), Lance (skateboarding brother), Kamiko (mom) & Greg (a bicycling dad)
Trash the Host #3:
WINNERS- YT (4-4)
First Monopoly Crazy Cash Cards:
Green Scream Monopoly Party Prize: Casio keyboard
RT (Landmarks): The White House, Empire State Building, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Golden Gate Bridge, Taj Mahal, The Space Needle, Colisseum & The Gateway Arch
YT (Amusement Parks): Popcorn, roller coaster, tickets, Ferris Wheel, cotton candy, bumper cars & caramel apples (:35 left)
Ashley's Second CCC: Skateboard
bop it! boptagon MPP: Six tickets to Knott's Berry Farm
1. Kamiko (Pull It on a Kick It)
DOUBLE ELIMINATION- Chris & Lance (bad Rotate Its)
4. Denise (missed Pull It)
5. Tom (missed Honk It)
6. Michelle (Bop It on a Reverse It)
Ashley's Third CCC: Horse
Twister Lights Out MPP: Sports Authority gift card
Kids' Round EO:
1. Ashley (put foot on a dot way too early)
2. Lance (incorrect foot)
Adults' Round EO:
1. Kamiko (wrong foot)
FINAL ELIMINATION- Tom
1. Lance (moved hand instead of foot)
2. Ashley (wrong foot)
Michelle's Second CCC: Pretzel
Connect 4 Basketball MPP: California state park pass/Kelty camping gear package
WINNERS- RT (diagonally)
Michelle's Third CCC: Cell Phone
Yahtzee Bowling MPP: Whiplash scooters
1. 1/3/3/4/5- KEEPS PAIR
2. 3/5/6- KEEPS ANOTHER THREE
1. 1/1/4/6/6- KEEPS SIXES
2. 4/4/5- KEEPS FOURS
1. 2/2/4/5/6- KEEPS STRAIGHT POSSIBILITY
2. 4/4- KEEPS THREE FOURS
1. 1/1/3/4/6- KEEPS A ONE, THREE & FOUR
2. 4/4- KEEPS THREE FOURS
3. 2/4- WIN
Ashley's Final CCC: Battleship
TRIP AT STAKE: Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort & Spa in Cabo
Plane- $810 ($1,395)
Horse- $880 ($2,275)
Skateboard- $1,200 ($3,475)
Phone- $650 ($1,285)
Pretzel- $1K ($2,285)
LIFE: The featured top prize this week's not to Transylvania, but to St. Croix on a snorkeling adventure within The Caribbean. These are the teams looking to claim it:
RT: George (soccer player), Justin (a brother who wants to be a pro basketball player) & Dwayne (who builds & flies kites w/ them)
OT: Claire, Brandon (who wants to be an astronaut) & Scott (a dad who climbs mountains)
First R1 Categories: Own a Farm or Baseball Team?
1. A group of 12 or more cows is called a what- flink or gaze?
2. The first mammal ever cloned, Dolly the Sheep was named for what- Dolly Parton or a girl's doll?
Guess: Dolly Parton (200)
Final Question: The pupil in a goat's eye is shaped like a what- half-moon or rectangle?
New Topic: Own an Italian Restaurant
OT: Baseball Team
1. In baseball terms, what's a "fungo"- a ball hit for fielding practice or slang for a long team road trip?
Guess: Ball hit for fielding practice
2. Which is the name used by an actual Major League Baseball outfielder- Coco Crisp or Pinto Bean?
Guess: Coco Crisp (300)
FQ: What did the Minor League Hudson Valley Renegades one give out to fans at a game- dog biscuits or toilet seat cushions?
Guess: Toilet seat cushions (600)
First Careers in R2: Go to Space Camp or Tour w/ The Jonas Brothers?
OT: Space Camp
1. What does the first A in NASA stand for- Aeronautics or Astronaut?
2. Which Presidential daughter attended Space Camp- Chelsea Clinton or Jenna Bush?
Extra Gas Question: What did scientists announce about Pluto in '06- it's twice as big as we thought or it's no longer a planet?
Guess: It's no longer a planet (1,200)
FQ: What movie star wanted to grow up & be an astronaut- Robert Downey, Jr. or Tom Hanks?
Last Subject: Visit the U.S. Mint
RT: The Jonas Bros.
1. Where have The Jonas Bros. performed live- at The White House or in Moscow's Red Square?
Guess: Red Square
2. In '08, The Jonas Bros. received their only Grammy nomination; what was it for- Best New Artist or Best Concert Video?
Guess: Best New Artist (600)
EGQ: Who did Nick Jonas break up w/ in '07- Miley Cyrus or Miranda Cosgrove?
Guess: Miley (1,200)
FQ: Before becoming a rock star, Joe Jonas wanted to be a what- comedian or chief of police?
Guess: Comedian (2K)
Bonus Prize Round:
PICK: Odd- 5 (Limo ride from home to school for a week)
Final Round: The parents are dressed up as monsters & will grab some "The Game of LIFE" marked candy from their cauldron, who will toss it to their robot kids before they toss it to their team captain kids dressed as pirates, who need to catch the candy in their Jack-O'-Lantern buckets.
OT- Seven (2,950)
RT- Eight (4K)
GRAND PRIZE ROUND:
Dwayne: Would you rather raise corn on a farm or flowers in your backyard?
Guess: Corn- NO
Justin: Would you rather sing as well as Joe or play keyboards as well as Nick?
Guess: Keyboards- YES
George: Who do you find scarier- someone dressed as a witch or a clown?
Guess: Clown- NO
Bonus Number: 10 (originally 2)
GP NUMBER: 1- SECOND CLEAN SWEEP IN A ROW! (The Buccaneer)
SS: One of these two family pairs will win a trip to a not-so-spooky locale:
Paul & Spencer- Costa Rica (Paul's been there once before)
Debbie & Taylor- Paris, France (Taylor's grandma was born there)
Babble Prize: Roller Derby inline skates
P & S:
5. CONCERT (:33)
D & T:
4. PICKLE (Taylor's guess of PICKLES wasn't allowed)
Scream Prize: Peavey guitar package
S & P:
T & D:
4. RIPTIDE (also Angel Orsini's former nickname; got it later on w/ one second left to win)
Flash Prize: INSIGNIA home theater system
Letter Line: RCAEL
RT: CARE, CAR, LARE & RACE = 11
BT: RACE, CAR, LACE & ACE = 14 (:07 left)
LIGHTNING BONUS TILE BOARD:
BT: F + B + M + Q = 20
RT: V + M = 7
1. KKUNS- A real stinker
Taylor: SKUNK (33)
2. RETESAUR (up/down from the S)- Pirates really dig this
Debbie: TIME OVER
Paul: TREASURE (28)
3. FAWFLE (left from the first E)- A square meal
Taylor: WAFFLE (48)
4. LSABTE (up/down from the A in WAFFLE)- Hold your horses
Paul: STABLE (36)
5. KAATER (down from the second K)- Jackie Chan's weapon
Taylor: KARATE (58)
6. RKOECT (across from the R in KARATE)- Takes up space
STUMPER (A: ROCKET)
7. ECIELPS (up/down from the C)- "Twilight's" dark side
STUMPER #2 (A: ECLIPSE)
8. ALGEV (across from the second E in ECLIPSE)- It's often in the hands of a judge
Debbie: GAVEL (67)
9. MHUTBS (up/down from the U)- Fastest fingers for texting
Spencer: THUMBS (49)
10. ATCREP (up/down from the E in ROCKET)- Red, shag or magic
Paul: CARPET (59)
11. BBULBE (left from the E in KARATE)- It'll pop up in baths
Spencer: BUBBLE (71)
12. UQSRAE (left from the second E in TREASURE)- A shapely dance
Paul: SQUARE- WIN (101)