LIFE: There will be some yearbooks involved in Round 3. Here are this week's teams:
1. Taylor (rock climber), Evan (a brother who enjoys snowboarding in Canada) & Shannon (a mom who writes & plays her own songs on the piano)
2. Shekinah (horseback rider), Haneel (a big brother who has a lizard named Mavolio after a Shakespearean character) & Jaiel (mom/chef)
First Round 1 Categories: Pilot a Helicopter & Captain a Ship
Team Taylor: Pilot a Helicopter
1. Helicopters are sometimes used to do what- cut down trees in jungles or herd cattle?
2. What would happen if you removed the small spinning rotor from the rear of a helicopter- the 'copter would spin around & around or go straight up?
Guess: Straight up
Final Question: The world record for flying a helicopter around the world took about how long- a week & a half or two days?
Guess: A week & a half (400)
New Category: Drive a Train
Team Shekinah: Drive a Train
1. In terms of passengers, which city's home to the world's busiest train station- Manhattan or Tokyo?
2. If you took a train through the Channel from England to France, how would you get there- underground or on a bridge?
Guess: On a bridge
FQ: A steam locomotive sometimes goes by what pig-like nickname- hog or heifer?
Guess: Hog (300)
First Topics in Round 2: Visit Colleges & Take a Trip to the Museum
Team Shekinah: Museum
1. In what museum will you find the famous painting "The Mona Lisa"- The Louvre or Guggenheim?
2. At Madame Tussaud's famous London museum, what are the exhibits made of- marble or wax?
Guess: Wax (700)
Extra Gas Question: What item of Michael Jackson's on display at the Rock & Rall Hall of Fame Museum- his glove or Frankenstein mask from "Thriller"?
Guess: Glove (1,300)
4. Barney Smith's museum in San Antonio contains special works of art painted on what- cattle or toilet seats?
FQ: The Berlin Natural History Museum's home to the world's tallest what- dinosaur skeleton or anthill?
Guess: Dinosaur skeleton (2,300)
New Subject: Go Whale Watching
Team Taylor: Colleges
1. What's the oldest institution of higher learning in America- University of Delaware or Harvard?
Guess: Harvard (600)
2. The Ohio State University Buckeye nickname refers to a type of what- fish or nut?
Guess: Nut (1K)
EGQ: The flat top of a college graduation cap's shaped like what- square or triangle?
Guess: Square (1,600)
4. According to Forbes, what's the most popular college major for both men & women- Law or Business?
Guess: Business (2,400)
FQ: Which is a college in New York State- Crest or Colgate?
Guess: Colgate- SWEEP! (3,400)
Bonus Prize: A year's worth of Fandango movie tickets
PICK: Odd- 10
They'll have to settle for going to a party for 15 friends at the L.A. Zoo.
Final Round: After seeing three items & a topic on a screen, teams have to grab all of those items & press a button to take a successful yearbook picture.
Team Shekinah- 6 (3,800)
Team Taylor- 9 (5,650)
GRAND PRIZE ROUND:
Evan: If he had a chance to fly a helicopter, would it be over The Grand Canyon or over your neighborhood?
Guess: Grand Canyon- YES
Taylor: If she could go to a college, would it be in a big city or small town?
Guess: Small town- YES
Shannon: If her kids saw her yearbook photo, would they laugh or be impressed?
Guess: Laugh- YES
BONUS NUMBERS: 10 (Taylor), 4 (Shannon) & 6 (Evan)
GP NUMBER: 10- WIN! (Pro Sports Adventure in Miami)
SS: Three females & one boy are ready to compete for a European holiday:
Crista & Debbie- London
Babsy & Tiras- Rome
Knockout Prize: hayneedle video game rockers
Topics: Can I Eat That? or Think It's Time To Change Things Up?
Babsy: Can I Eat That? (Foods found at a state fair)
1. BDURPGOERS- BURGERS
2. DOXNUBTQS- DONUTS
3. CSATNDJY- CANDY
4. FWRYIGES- FRIES
5. CHVURKRLO- CHURRO (:55)
Debbie: Things You Change
1. DIZAPVPEKR- DIAPER
2. SJHEUETBS- SHEETS
3. ADDHRTEYSS- ADDRESS
4. DOFLLPACR- DOLLAR
5. TQIDRLE- TIRE
Scream Prize: Samick guitar
D & C:
5. CANTENE (:51)
T & B:
Flash Prize: SONY VAIO laptop
LETTER LINE: RODEA
B & T: ROED, ROEDA, ROE, ROAD, OADE & ODE = 10
C & D: RED, ROD, RODE & RAD = 13 (eight seconds left)
LIGHTNING BONUS TILE BOARD:
B & T: Q + G = 12
C & D: M + P + V + W = 14
1. AWETR- It's all wet
Crista: WATER (30)
2. YNUHRG (up/down the R)- Having a gut reaction
Debbie: HUNGRY (56)
3. WTIHG (down from the W)- She melted around Dorothy
Crista: WITCH (69)
4. CRFWUE (across from the C)- Time to come home
Babsy: CURFEW (40)
5. LUEPZZ (across from the U in HUNGRY)- Piece it all together
Crista: PUZZLE (95)
6. DRKIN (up/down from the R in CURFEW)- Doesn't go w/ drive
Debbie: WIN W/ DRINK! (105)