Red Team: Mason (his family enjoys sports that involve boards, but his mom forces him to take piano lessons), Carole (mom/vegetarian), Brad (a dad who usually tries to get Carole to eat a burger) & Max (a brother who usually eats fast)
Yellow Team: Lane (her family loves to play tag together outside; she has a dog named Daisy), Gary (a dad who plays fantasy football), Laura (a mom who usually goes paddleboarding) & Dillon (brother/junior lifeguard)
TOP CASH PRIZE: $10K
Newton International Airport: In this new challenge, the two clans will throw small toy planes down the runway at Todd one at a time. The team who has a plane safely down the runway the furthest after each teammate's had two chances wins.
First Monopoly Crazy Cash Cards:
Bounce 'N' Boogie Boggle MPP: hayneedle 3-in-1 game table
HDTV Word: COOKIE
RT: HAT, LOVE, OVER, OAR, MOVE, TOP & SAY = 24
YT: CLEAN, MOVERS, LEAN, SNAP, LOW, LOVERS = 28
Lane's Second CCC: Pretzel
Operation Sam Dunk MPP: Samick guitar
Todd's Inspiration Throw- Burp Bubbles (2-4 to date; 2nd time in a row)
RT: Phone Finger + Toxic Gas + BB = 600 (only miss in the round was by Carole)
YT: BB (Laura) = 150
RT: TG (Mason) + BB (Carole) = 1K
YT: PF (Lane) = 350
Mason's Second CCC: Hamburger
Trouble Pop Quiz MPP: Coleman camping gear
1. On a regular season of "The Amazing Race". how many people are on each team?
YT: 2- DAD
2. Pop the number of colored lights on a standard American traffic light.
YT: 3- MOM
3. Pop the number of years in one standard term of a U.S. President.
YT: 4- MOM
4. According to the classic fairy tale, how many stepsisters did Cinderella have?
YT: 2- MOM FINISHES
5. Pop to get the number of sides on a hexagon.
RT: 6- DAD (Gary's in TROUBLE)
6. How many in a row wins a standard game of Tic-Tac-Toe?
RT: 3- MOM
7. If a three-foot tall leprechaun stands on a two-foot tall rock, what would the combined height be?
RT: 5- MOM FINISHES
8. Pop the number of syllables in the word "alligator".
RT: WIN W/ 4
Mason's Third CCC: Boot
Ratuki Go-Round MPP: "Iris" tickets to the Kodak Theatre
(Notes: For at least this playing, if a team played a wrong card, they were disqualified. Also, if a non-game-ending five card was played, the other team was frozen for 10 seconds.)
WINNERS- YT (Brad's DQ for playing a 1 on a 3)
Lane's Third CCC: Piggy Bank
Yahtzee BOWLING MPP: Whiplash scooters
1. 2/2/5/4/1- KEEPS PAIR
2. 2/5/6- KEEPS THIRD TWO
3. 3/3- FULL HOUSE
1. 6/5/4/3/5- KEEPS SMALL STRAIGHT
1. 6/6/4/2/1- KEEPS PAIR
2. 4/4/5- KEEPS OTHER PAIR
3. 6- FULL HOUSE
1. 5/4/3/2/3- KEEPS PAIR
Lane: 6/5/4/3/1- SMALL STRAIGHT
Lane's Final CCC: Dog
TRIP AT STAKE: Sunset Beach Resort & Spa on Montego Bay
Pretzel- $710 ($1,045)
Piggy Bank- $815 ($1,860)
Dog- $580 ($2,440)
Hamburger- $910 ($1,420)
Boot- BREAK BANK! ($11,420)
LIFE: The big trip they're trying to offer this week's to one of the nicest places in the world- London!
Team #1: Shana (aspiring lawyer), Mikayla (sister/young artist) & John (dad/Tae Kwon Do master)
Team #2: Kayla (a young Hip-Hop dancing teacher), Jacob (cousin/breakdancer) & Larry (a dad who judges the family's dance-offs)
First R1 Careers: Pet Sitter & Babysit Twins
RT: Pet Sitter
1. Which animal's more likely to be housebroken- sheep or ferret?
2. In addition to their mouths, some turtles can also breathe through what- their shell or rear end?
Final Question: Parrots can imitate human speech, but they don't have what- vocal chords or tongues?
Guess: Vocal chords (400)
(Note: Rich mistakenly had 100 LIFE points on their meter before they were shown their first Q.)
Last R1 Job: Pizza Deliverer
BT: Pizza Deliverer
1. Chicago's known for popularizing what style of pizza- thin crust or deep dish?
Guess: Deep dish
2. According to a New York newspaper, what's the most popular night to eat pizza in NYC- Thursday or Saturday?
Guess: Saturday (they actually meant Thursday)
FQ: In what event does the U.S. Pizza Team compete- Freestyle Acrobatics or Competitive Pizza Eating?
Guess: Freestyle Acrobatics (400)
Left behind for following query: Pepperoni or pineapple
First R2 Topics: Perform W/ Beyonce & Own a Skateboard Park
(Note: Their second round starts on Route 66.)
1. What was Destiny's Child- Beyonce's first hit song or Beyonce's former pop group?
Guess: Beyonce's former pop group (600)
2. As part of Destiny's Child, Beyonce was once the opening act for what other pop superstar's concert tour- Christina Aguilera or P!nk?
Guess: Christina Aguilera (1K)
Extra Gas Q: Beyonce gets wild onstage w/ an alter-ego she calls what- Sasha Fierce or Lotta Danson?
Guess: Sasha Fierce (1,600)
4. What are Juju, Moth & Bee- Beyonce's nicknames or cats?
FQ: Beyonce was born w/ what last name- Knowles or Johnson?
Guess: Knowles (2,600)
Last New Career of the Week: Dig for Dinosaurs
1. What's the professional name of a scientist who studies dinosaurs- archaeologist or paleontologist?
2. The word "dinosaur" is derived from the Greek words for what phrase- "giant beast" or "terrible lizard"?
Guess: "Giant beast"
EGQ: It's theorized that dinosaurs became extinct after an asteroid crashed into what modern day country- China or Mexico?
Guess: Mexico (1K)
4. The vicious Velociraptors killed their prey using what body part- muscular tail or clawed feet?
Guess: Clawed feet (1,800)- OUT OF GAS
Bonus Prize Round PICK: Even- 10 (Southern California CityPASS)
Final Round: Dirty socks have to be dug up from a big hill of suds before their water's rinsed out in a bucket & attached to a clothesline after they're caught by the parents.
WINNERS- BT (4,600-4,050)
GRAND PRIZE ROUND:
Jacob: If you could only eat one type of pizza for the rest of your life, would it be pepperoni or plain cheese?
Guess: Cheese- NO WAY
Kayla: Would you rather perform a Beyonce duet or dance in a Beyonce music video?
Guess: Dance in music video- YES
Larry: If you could have someone have someone do one of your chores for the rest of your life, what would it be- laundry or the dishes?
Guess: Dishes- YES
Bonus Numbers: 3 (Jacob, which stands for Kayla's birthday & Larry wanted to pick that) & 5 (Larry, as in 325)
GP NUMBER: 1- LOSS (46" HDTV)
Cindy & Jake (Sacramento)- Queensland, Australia (since they want to visit The Great Barrier Reef & go zip-lining)
Austin & Curt (Charlotte, NC)- Tahiti (because Austin wants to surf & even jump off at least one hut before doing so)
Knockout Prize: DXG Twist camcorder
Categories: "I've Never Seen That!" & "Awww...Do I Have To?"
Guessers: Curt & Cindy
RT: "I've Never Seen That!"- creatures that don't exist
1. DFRVAGOZN- DRAGON
2. UNQICOJRLN- UNICORN
3. BIYGPFOOCT- BIGFOOT
4. VUADMPIRTE- VAMPIRE
5. MWERKMXAID- MERMAID (:49)
BT: "Awww...Do I Have To?"- kids' chores
1. TFRDASLH- TRASH
2. DBIWSHEKS- DISHES
3. SWVETEPINCG- SWEEPING
4. MJOWYINUG- MOWING
5. RSAQKINXG- RAKING
Scream Prize: Casio keyboard
5. CARAVAN (:40)
Flash Prize: hayneedle Prince Cheshire table tennis table
RT: YEAR, EAR, DEAR, READ, READY & RED = 23
BT: YEAR, DEAR, READY, READ & ADE = 17
LIGHTNING BONUS TILE BOARD:
RT: K + F + B + P + C + J = 26
1. EFENC- It shapes up your yard
BT: FENCE (20)
2. CCEHK (down from the C)- Endorsed by everyone
BT: CHECK (36)
3. AECRH (up/down from the first E in FENCE)- A bit of a stretch
RT: TIME OVER
BT: STUMPER (A: REACH)
4. RAADCE (up from the other E in FENCE)- Video games galore
RT: ARCADE (35)
5. URTCK (across from the R in ARCADE)- Gives you a moving experience (good examples include the Ford F-Series & the RAMs)
RT: TRUCK (57)
6. KNNLEE (right from the K in CHECK)- Doggy daycare
BT: KENNEL (56)
7. CHRYER (down from the C in TRUCK)- It stems from desserts
BT: CHERRY (70)
8. BRTIH (left from the H in REACH)- A once-in-a-lifetime experience
RT: BIRTH (77)
9. RTETLA (up/down from the L in KENNEL)- Shake from a snake (or a certain baby toy)
RT: RATTLE (83)
10. AFRREM (up/down from the R in BIRTH)- Counts sheep day & night
BT: FARMER (81)
SUDDEN DEATH WORD: ONHK (up from the K in TRUCK)- What geese do in traffic
RT: HONK (105)- TOTAL CLEAN SWEEP #3!!!