FGN: Just to let you know, all three of The Hub's weekly game shows will be all-new on Super Bowl night. Here are tonight's families on this program:
Red Team: Manaia (who loves to dance), Iyana (a sister who can do some crazy tongue tricks), Jen (a mom who likes to work out) & Shawn (dad/master mechanic)
Yellow Team: Kelsea (tap dancer), Lisa (a Yoga mom), Ken (dad/mechanic) & Bryce (a SCUBA diving brother)
TOP CASH PRIZE: $8K
No, It's Not: Both families are given six blue marked balloons w/ half of them being marked w/ incorrect answers to a given question. In tonight's case, the prompt is to avoid those U.S. states that are East of the Mississippi River. For each valid balloon, the team has to work together tapping it in the air (but no teammate can hit a balloon twice in a row; they all have to have one hand behind their backs) until it goes into their bin. The first team w/ two of the wrong answer balloons in their bin wins.
Wrong Answers: Alaska, California & Texas
First Monopoly Crazy Cash Cards:
Kelsea: Soccer Ball
Operation Sam Dunk MPP: Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour
Todd's Inspiration Throw- Bird-Brained (3-4 to date; that's worth 400, BTW)
YT: Bird-Brained (Lisa) + Phone Finger (Ken) = 600
RT: Bad Plumbing (Jen) + The Giggles (Shawn) = 650
RT: BP (Manaia) + DOUBLE (Iyana) + Burp Bubbles (Jen) = NEW RECORD OF 2,150!
Manaia's Second CCC: Boot
Spelling Bee MPP: Sports Authority gift card
1. NAIL (it's pointy)
2. SPURS (they're used by cowboys & it's also the name of an NBA team)
3. CLOUD (it's fluffy)
1. TOAD (it's bouncy)
2. LADLE (it's used by chefs)
3. SHEET (it's usually put on beds)- WIN (:43 left)
4. MAGNET (it's charged up)(:13 left)
Manaia's Third CCC: Hat
bop it! boptagon MPP: Body Glove package
1. Ken (missed whack it)
2. Manaia (late bop it)
3. Shawn (late honk it)
4. Kelsea (bad rotate it)
5. Jen (missed shout it)
6. Bryce (bad rotate it)
WINNERS- YT (bad reverse it)
Kelsea's Second CCC: Hamburger
Guesstures Freefall MPP: Coleman camping gear
RT: Blow your nose, microphone, candle, light, bird, floss, hanger, snow, sandwich, trumpet & dishes
YT: Texting, birthday cake, doorbell, scarf, vacuum, soap, map, jail & bull
Manaia's Fourth CCC: Rollerblade
Connect 4 Basketball MPP: Peavey guitar package
WINNERS- RT (across from 3-6 in fourth row)
Manaia's Final CCC: Cannon
TRIP AT STAKE: Six-night stay at the Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe (Riviera Maya)
Soccer Ball- $925 ($1,255)
Wheelbarrow- $410 ($780)
Rollerblade- $515 ($1,295)
Hat- $810 ($2,105)
Boot- $1K ($3,105)
$8K: Pretzel (second week in a row)
LIFE: The teams on their first episode taped (Frank didn't do any intro bumper; after the animated intro, he comes out behind the wheel):
RT: Sara (future author), Chloe (little sister/aspiring director) & Michelle (a mom who competes in triathlons)
BT: Dominique (a soccer forward), Azul (a cousin who wants to be a professional violinist) & Donna (a soccer mom & referee)
One of these two trios could be swimming w/ the dolphins in Hawaii.
First Two Careers: Police Officer & Skateboarder
RT: Police Officer
1. What's the most common breed of K-9 police dog- Pitbull or German Shepherd?
Guess (while on a grassy land after coming out of a beach): German Shepherd
2. What piece of evidence may be used by police for identification in a trial- toe prints or butt prints?
Guess (while on the end of the pre-desert highway): Toe prints
Final Question: What's the motto of the Los Angeles Police Department- "You have the right to remain silent" or "To protect and to serve"?
Guess (while on the beach): "To protect and to serve" (600)
Last Career This Round: Artist
(Note: Early on in the tapings, after a career's been chosen, instead of the non-chosen one staying on its initial side of the board, it moves to the other side.)
1. On what material was The Mona Lisa painted- paper or wood?
Guess (while on the end of another desert highway): Paper
2. What did the great painter Vincent Van Gogh do only once in his lifetime- carve a sculpture or sell a painting?
Guess (while on the highway itself): Sell a painting
FQ: Artists' brushes are often made from the hair of what animal- giraffe or moose?
Guess (while in the neighborhood): Moose (500)
First R2 Topics (these two categories start w/ "Go to a..."; the last one starts w/ just "Go..."): Dance Party & Magic Show
BT: Dance Party
1. Who popularized the Country Line Dance w/ the hit song "Achy Breaky Heart"- Miley Cyrus' dad or Carrie Underwood's mom?
Guess (underwater): Miley's dad (700)
Extra Gas Q: Which of these's a style of Hip-Hop dance- Spelunking or Crunking?
Guess: Crunking (1,100)
3. Who got her start dancing as a Laker Girl- Jennifer Lopez or Paula Abdul?
Guess: Paula (1,700)
4. Justin Bieber & Jaden Smith did what together- took ballet lessons from Natalie Portman or had a dance-off at a bowling alley?
Guess (after coming out of that tree tunnel): Dance-off (2.5K)
FQ: What do you need in order to do the Limbo- a disco ball & cowboy boots or a flexible body & a stick?
OUT OF GAS (A: Flexible body & stick)
Final Career This Episode: Camping
1. Yogi Bear lives in what park- Yellowstone or Jellystone?
Guess (while in the snow): Jellystone (800)
2. Which ingredient do you use when making traditional S'mores- chocolate or vanilla wafers?
Guess: Chocolate (1,200)
EGQ: Mosquitos are attracted to what- dark colors or dill pickles?
Guess (while in space): Dark colors (1,800)
4. A well-known home remedy for getting the smell of a skunk off of you's to bathe in what- chocolate syrup or tomato juice?
Guess: Tomato juice (2,600)- CLINCHES BONUS PRIZE
FQ: The first pup tents were designed for what- Civil War soldiers or dogs?
Guess: C.W. soldiers (3,600)
(Notes: In the Bonus Prize Round for at least this episode, underneath each of the numbers on the giant wheel are the names of prizes instead of just simply saying "Bonus Prize". As before, if the team in control correctly predicts from the odd or even numbers, they'll win a limo ride from school in addition to their spun prize.)
BP PICK: Odd- 5 (Southern California CityPASS)
Final Round: The hot dogs that are made need to have mustard on them & wrapped in foil before being tossed in their parents' baskets.
WINNERS- RT (4,350-3,250)
(Note: One of the BT's hot dogs wasn't correctly prepared, so it was disallowed.)
GRAND PRIZE ROUND: For at least the first-taped episode, each member of the winning team gets to choose a number on the wheel right away before being asked the questions in the reverse order of how they're usually asked.
Base Numbers: 4 (Michelle), 7 (Sara) & 10 (Chloe)
Sara: If she could only use one for the rest of her life, would she use relish or ketchup?
Guess: Ketchup- YOU BET
Chloe: Would she rather give a speeding ticket to mom or dad?
Guess: Mom- NO
Michelle: Would she rather camp at the bottom of the Grand Canyon or at the top of Mount Everest?
Guess: Bottom of Grand Canyon- YES
Extra Numbers: 1 (Chloe) & 5 (Sara)
GP NUMBER: 8- LOSS (Electronic Shopping Spree)
(Final note: Underneath the selected numbers were the words "Dolphin Adventure", while the other numbers had other prizes just like in tonight's BP Round.)
SS: The two vacations being played for here this week are at least close to the U.S.:
Kelly & Valerie- Bahamas (in order to go snorkel diving)
Jackson & Candi- Hawaii (in order for young Jackson to go surfing)
Knockout Prize: Franklin speaking global translator & electronic dictionary/thesaurus
Categories: Who Says They're User-Friendly? or Hands Off!
BT: Hands Off!- Things you should be careful about touching
1. CAGCTXUDS- CACTUS
2. STKOHVUE- STOVE
3. FTLIAMRE- FLAME (the L's wrongly touched by Jackson during this word)
4. WVIRYEBS- WIRES
5. CZRYSTQANL- CRYSTAL
RT: Who Says They're User-Friendly?- Things that annoy people about computers
1. CXRAYSVH- CRASH
2. FRWEQEZKE- FREEZE (Valerie inadvertently knocks out the K)
3. VJIRCUGHS- VIRUS
4. HDACKNERFS- HACKERS
5. SBPAZEM- SPAM (:09)
Scream Prize: Playstation3
2. TOY SHOP
5. CABINET (:51)
6. MANHUNT (:07)
Flash Prize: Playcraft game table
BT: RASH & ASH = 7
RT: SHARE & HARE = 9 (:19)
LIGHTNING BONUS TILE BOARD:
RT: W + P + F + Z + H + C = 28
1. LVSEI- Some video games give you three (as did "Minute to Win It")
RT: LIVES (44)
2. ULBMA (up/down from the L)- A real picture book
BT: ALBUM (9)
3. RCIUSE (up/down from the S)- A boatload of fun
RT: CRUISE (52)
4. ODUBEL (across from the U in ALBUM)- A lookalike (& what happens to a word's score when a letter's on a red square)
RT: DOUBLE (61)
5. DDIGNA (up/down from the D)- Putting two & two together
BT: TIME OVER
RT: ADDING (79)
6. ETARH (down from the E in DOUBLE)- Protected by many superheroes
BT: EARTH (17)
7. CHOUSR (across from the H)- A gleeful group
RT: CHORUS (90)
8. GDRNEA (across from the R in CRUISE)- Plant yourself here
RT: GARDEN (106)- BIGGEST BLOWOUT WIN TO DATE!!!