TNG: Because there's no "Dancing" results show tonight, Sherri has the right to do whatever she wants w/ couples like these:
Ki-Kiea & Nicole
Paul & Kristen (she's a roller derby girl w/ a nickname of "Gingervitis'")
Phil & Jenn
1. When your wife's defense stops your sexual offense, do you tend to give up & punt, call a new play & press on or just score one on your own?
2. If you wife had the time & the money to take lessons w/ an expert, what new skill would you hope she develops?
3. "Torture is illegal in this country & yet the authorities do nothing when my wife forces me to spend time w/ her friend ________."
KI-KIEA & NICOLE:
1. Call- SCORE
2. Cooking- STRIPPER
3. Karine- KARINE (5)
PAUL & KRISTEN:
1. Call- CALL (5)
2. Cooking (because she reportedly only cooks things that she pours cheese over)- COOKING (10)
3. Olivia- SISTER JESSICA
PHIL & JENN:
1. Punt- PUNT (5)
2. Cooking- COOKING (10)
3. Brit- BRITTNEY (15)
SECOND HONEYMOON: Flamingo
1. Is your husband's elevator shaft fit for an apartment building, office building or The Empire State Building?
2. "I wish my husband would give up & admit he just can't __________."
3. What's the one thing they do that makes you wish in-laws were outlawed?
30-POINT BONUS QUESTION: "Using a scale from 1-10 w/ 10 being the best, I would say my first date w/ my husband was a __ & the first time we consummated our relationship was a __."
NICOLE & KI-KIEA:
1. Empire State- EMPIRE STATE (15)
2. Dance- STOP DRINKING
3. Argue- TALK
BONUS: 5/9- 6/10
KRISTEN & PAUL:
1. Apartment- APARTMENT (20)
2. Sing- GET ANYTHING DONE AROUND THE HOUSE
3. Their flighty mom- THEIR PHONE MANNERS
BONUS: 10/3- 10/10 (35)
JENN & PHIL:
1. Office- OFFICE (25)
2. Clean- GET ANYTHING DONE AROUND THE HOUSE
3. Bring over sweets frequently (her mom's a baker)- SMOKE
BONUS: 10/5- WIN! (55)
Consolation Prize: 12-cup coffee maker
Ron & Tausha (who enjoy having sex while talking w/ their friends & family on the phone)
Kevin & Tina (hotel managers)
Jed & Kate (who eat dinner at 6:30 & go to bed at 9:30)
1. Which of these would your wife enjoy most- a football game, poker tournament or strip joint?
2. When you go out to dinner at a restaurant, what's your wife always asking the waiter for more of?
3. When you two are gettin' dirty in the laundromat of love, what's one thing your wife's done that's taken the starch right out of your trousers?
RON & TAUSHA:
1. Strip- STRIP (5)
2. Water w/ a slice of lime- HOT SAUCE
3. Breaking wind- HER GOING TO THE BATHROOM
KEVIN & TINA:
1. Poker- POKER (5)
2. Cheesy bread- NAPKINS
3. Getting distracted by TV (especially "30 Rock")- TEXT MESSAGING/E-MAIL
JED & KATE:
1. Poker (because she hates sports & they like Lady GaGa's "Poker Face")- FOOTBALL
2. Ice water (because she's reportedly pregnant)- FRENCH FRIES
3. Answer the phone (especially w/ her mom)- HER BURPING
SH #2: Rio Mar Beach Resort Golf, Casino & Spa
1. If your husband & your friends were playing a nude version of Duck, Duck, Goose, who would he likely keep picking as the goose just so he could have her chase him around naked?
2. "I always feel awkward when we're out in public & my husband starts to _______________."
3. Punctuality's an underappreciated trait, so let's go back to your first date together; who showed up first- you, your wife or did you arrive at the same time?
30-POINT BQ: If you were to come up w/ a nickname for your husband's manhood by combining the city he was born in & your biggest phobia, what would it be?
TAUSHA & RON:
1. Dionne- DIONNE (15)
2. Act nonchalant- CUSS
3. Ron- TASHA
BONUS: Newark Staring (the former because it's known as The Brick City)- NEWARK MICE (30)
TINA & KEVIN:
1. Her sister's friend Leinna- ROBIN
2. Make up & act random characters & be funny all the time (especially a Southern gentleman w/ no upper lip)- DOING FUNNY CHARACTERS (15)
3. Both- TINA
BONUS: Buffalo Cockroach- BUFFALO COCKROACHES (45)
KATE & JED:
1. Amanda- AMANDA (10)
2. Check his e-mail- YELL AT HER
3. Jed- KATE
BONUS: Detroit Crashing/Flying- ANN ARBOR CRASHING (25)
WoF: Remember, this is the third full week to take place on the dips & columns set this season.
$1K T-U: Phrase
_ O N E
F _ S _ I N G
Also a theme week title, Justin's not GONE FISHING- he's ready to play w/ these ladies:
Justin Williams (NYC; originally from San Diego)- A broadcaster at NYU who's worked w/ Semester at Sea
An-Taria Curry (Athens, GA; originally from Cleveland)- A University of Georgia student majoring in Recreation & Leisure Studies who wants to be a special events coordinator
Carolyn Lawrence (San Bernardino, CA)- A Sixth Grade teacher at Mary Putnam Henck Intermediate School who's married to Dave w/ six children & three grandchildren
$2K T-U: Around the House
_ _ _ R E O
S _ E _ _ _ R S
Justin's family & friends might want to raise the volume on their TV's STEREO SPEAKERS, because he's at $3K already.
Tuesday's WG: Henderson Park Inn from Hotwire.com ($5,180)
Tuesday/Thursday Gift Tag: ZAGAT
IHOP Jackpot Round: Before & After
He instantly loses a turn on the Bankrupt w/ $2.5K next door. Secondly, An-Taria calls three T's for $2,400, buys three E's but then LaTs out. Third, Carolyn calls out the $2.5K H, buys an A & three O's but then Bankrupts on the Million Dollar Wedge's left side to lose her remaining two grand. Justin regains control & says a $550 R, a $450 P, two N's & an K for another $400 each, a $500 M & a $500 C while on the Jackpot...
T R _ C K
_ T O P
_ N / T H E / N A M E
O _ / _ O _ E
...& he's arrived at the TRUCK "STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE" to swipe an $11,050 pot & a total this round of $14,200, bringing him to $17,200!
SOLE LaT: An-Taria
BANKRUPTS: 2 (Justin & Carolyn)
Mystery Round: Place
An-Taria calls up three T's & four S's for $300 per appearance to start, then she buys three A's & the puzzle-ending E before going back to the wheel & calling a $10.5K R trio. Following a $600 C & a $300 N, the same MDW Bankrupt takes away her current turn & 13 big ones. Carolyn then calls the double P's for the Wild Card & the $800 L and goes for the other two Benjamins...
A R T S / A N _
C R A _ T S
S _ P P L _ / S T _ R E
...which she will claim from an ARTS AND CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE; she also stays in control.
SOLE BANKRUPT: An-Taria
An-Taria: $0/Carolyn: $1K (WC)/Justin: $17,200
Prize Puzzle Round: Song Lyrics
Carolyn captures two T's for $1,100, the beginning I, four A's & a $600 pair of S's before getting the LaT. Justin follows that spin w/ a $900 couple of R's, an E & a $300 F before trying to pad his big lead even more...
I T ' S / A
S _ A _ _ / _ _ R _ _
A F T E R / A _ _
...& does so by solving "IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL" by The Sherman Brothers w/ 950 more bucks & a trip to a place where a Disneyland isn't too far behind, Marrakech, Morocco (sponsored by "The Adventures of Tintin") worth $7,045.
SOLE LaT: Justin
TONIGHT'S SPIN ID: AS3535236 (Angie S.)
An-Taria: NIL/Carolyn: $1K (WC)/Justin: $25,195 in cash & trip
$3K T-U: Show Biz
_ _ U N T
_ _ I V _ R
Carolyn finds a STUNT DRIVER for the quadrupler.
R4: TV Quote
Five $550 T's start her off this time, then after three E's & an I are trip H's for nine additional Benjamins, two $300 R's & a couple U's...
T H E / T R U T H / I _
_ U T / T H E R E
...before she recalls "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE" from "The X-Files" for another $3.5K.
An-Taria: ZILCH/Carolyn: $7.5K (WC)/Justin: $25,195
Last Chance Round: Thing
Consonants are worth $1,350. After Justin's asked for the three C's...
C _ _ R M
N _ C _ L _ C _
...he might buy a CHARM NECKLACE w/ an extra $5,400!
DUDS: S (Justin), T (Carolyn)
An-Taria: $1K GOOSEEGG/Carolyn: $7.5K/Justin: $30,595 in cash & Morocco
TONIGHT'S BANKRUPT TRASH: $15K
Big Money Round #124: Justin's forced to pick the P as determined by that Bonus Wheel.
I like his chances already w/ this RSTLNE setup:
_ N S _ N _
_ E R _
DCHA gives him one more letter on the bottom...
_ N S _ N _
H E R _
...but he still doesn't get either part of UNSUNG HERO for the $30K; he still leaves w/ $595 more than that in winnings.
J!: Alex Wright has to prove his victory from last night wasn't a fluke against:
Vince Gatton (NYC)- Actor
Melanie Spratford (Chicago)- Caterer
Tuesday's Topics at the Start:
MOVIE QUOTES (themed board)
I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD
"ILE" BE BACK
TO INFINITY & BEYOND
Alex's in front of this pack at the first break w/ $4,400; Melanie's got $2,600 & Vince's made a $1K start. Vince does claim the Daily Double from the next-to-last clue under "I'm the King of the World", but w/ just $800; Melanie's taken Alex's $4,400, but the champion's still in the lead w/ $7,200. Vince goes for the doubler.
Charles I, who died in 1922, was the last emperor of Austria & as Charles IV, the last king of this country.
"What is Germany?"...back to square one he goes- it was Hungary.
ATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $1,800
SOLE UNATTEMPTED TS: $1K ("I'm the King of the World")
TOTAL LACH TRASH: $2,800
Double J! Categories:
THE 50 STATES
TRIPLE RHYME TIME
EVERY BIT A "LADY"
Melanie quickly hits a DD under the $800 Bestseller & bets $2K of her $4,800 on this answer:
Seth Grahame-Smith revealed an unknown aspect of The Civil War in the Horror-History hybrid called him: "Vampire Hunter".
"Who is Abraham Lincoln?"...correct to go to $6,800 & be within $400 of first place. The other DD's controlled by her from the $1,200 Musical Term & she's barely leading Alex w/ $7,600. She gambles Vince's current score of $1,600 for this clue:
This specific term refers to one who writes the text of an opera.
"Who is the librettist?"...yes for a $2K lead at $9,200.
ATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $4,800
UNATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $6K
TOTAL DJ! LACH TRASH: $10,800
Challengers: $8,800 apiece
FINAL J! SUBJECT: Historical Facts & Figures.
This site was active from 1892 to 1954; its busiest day was April 17, 1907 when 11,747 were processed.
Vince Gatton wrote down "What is Ellis Island?"...what do you know, that's right for $15,800. Alex Wright...also got it to finish w/ $16,600, but he's going home w/ $27,600 as Melanie Spratford wins $19,201.
(Also today on "Let's Make a Deal": Karim didn't win the Tahoe ski boat that was behind Door #1 again, but he's still going on a $7,480 trip to Aspen that was in #2.)
7: "The Newlywed Game" & "Wheel of Fortune"
6: "Jeopardy!" & "The Price is Right"