FGN: This show has been renewed for a third season! And here are tonight's teams:
Red Team: Kara (sewer/knitter), Rochelle (mom), Keith (dad) & Jeremy (brother)
Yellow Team: Audrey (who loves to climb trees), Johanna (mom/computer keyboard wizard), John (a dad who's said to be nerdy because he usually wears suspenders) & Oliver (a brother who's a walking bag of tricks)
TOP CASH PRIZE: $12.5K
Blockheads #3 WINNERS- YT
First Monopoly Crazy Cash Cards:
Bounce 'N' Boogie Boggle MPP: WB VIP Studio Tour
HDTV Word: RANDOM
YT: WRO, WORTH, FINAL, FINALLY, DEER, REED & MOSS = 29
RT: TAR, MILD, YOUR, FILLED, FILL & DOT = 24
Audrey's Second CCC: Cell Phone
Trouble Pop Quiz MPP: hayneedle/Crosley jukebox
1. When taking a standardized test, you typically have to use a number _ pencil.
RT: 2- DAD
2. The trouble w/ John's clock is that it's always six minutes behind. If the time's 5:11 PM, John's clock says it's 5:0_.
RT: 5- MOM
3. How many quarters equal $1.25?
RT: 5- DAD
4. How many syllables are in the title of Lady GaGa's hit song "Paparazzi"?
RT: 4- MOM FINISHES
5. Andy's all grown up & leaves for college in the film titled "Toy Story _".
YT: 3- MOM
6. How many letters are in the name of the capital city of France?
YT: 5- DAD (Paris)
7. How many contestants are typically on one episode of the GS "Wheel of Fortune" (the same goes for "Jeopardy!")?
RT: WIN W/ 3!
Kara's Second CCC: Soccer Ball
Connect 4 Basketball MPP: Three-night trip to the Best Western Plus AMERICANIA Hotel in S.F.
WINNERS- RT (across on the bottom row from #2-#5)
Kara's Third CCC: Soda
bop it! boptagon MPP: DXG camcorders
TRIPLE OUSTER- Kara, Audrey & Oliver (bad rotate its)
DOUBLE- Keith & John (bad reverse its)
6. Jeremy (kick it didn't connect w/ bag)
WINNERS- RT (bad rotate it)
Kara's Fourth CCC: Train
Simon Flash MPP: Medieval Times
1. GRYB- YT
2. RYBG- RT
3. GYRB- RT (2)
4. BRYG- RT (3)
5. YRGB- YT (2)
6. BGRY- YT (3)
7. RYGB- RT (4)
8. RBYG- RT WINS
Kara's Final CCC: Pretzel
TRIP AT STAKE: FDR
Train- $600 ($1,130)
Soda- $425 ($1,555)
Soccer Ball- $450 ($2,005)
Dog- $855 ($2,860)
C.P.- $1.5K ($1,995)
LIFE: The first aired grand prize won was the 3-D screening room. It's up for grabs again tonight:
RT: Karen (a tumbling cheerleader), Daniel (a cousin who's a fan of USC football) & Karen (mom/police officer)
BT: Ashton (skateboarder), Ashley (a sister who does ballet & step-dancing) & April (who's the team mom for all of her children's sports)
In Round 1 this week, all three careers involve kinds of teachers.
First Available: Gym & Music
1. What's the first step in volleyball before "setting" & "spiking"- bumping or chopping?
Guess (after crossing the Golden Gate Bridge): Bumping
2. In P.E., which is a longer distance to run- one mile or 1.5K meters?
Guess (near the desert): A mile
3. You throw a dodgeball directly at a kid & he catches it. What does that mean- he's out of the game or you're out of the game?
Guess (in the country): You
Final Question: In 2010, who did President Obama appoint as co-chair of his Council on Physical Fitness- Kobe Bryant or Drew Brees?
OUT OF GAS WHILE ON THE BEACH (A: Drew Brees)
Last Kind of Teaching: Wood Shop
1. On a standard piano, what are there more of- white or black keys?
Guess (forest): White
2. What should you do to a piccolo to make music- blow or pluck it?
Guess (garden): Pluck
FQ: If you can't distinguish differences in pitch, you're said to have what- rhythmic fever or tin ear?
Guess (farm): Tin ear
First R2 Jobs: Become a Reality TV Star & Swim W/ Sharks
BT: Reality TV
1. What are the contestants on "project RUNWAY" most likely judged on- their ability to fly a plane or their fashion design?
Guess (underwater): Fashion design (600)
2. What would be more helpful if you were on "Deadliest Catch"- baseball mitt or fishing equipment?
Guess: Baseball mitt (by mistake)
Extra Gas Q: Which judge usually sits in the middle seat nowadays on "American Idol"?
Guess (city tunnel): Jennifer Lopez (1,200)
4. The motto of "Survivor" is "Outwit, Outplay &..." what- Outfox or Outlast?
Guess: Outlast (2K)
FQ: Tyra Banks tells "AMERICA'S NEXT top model" contestants to "smize", which means what- smile w/ their eyes or fit into a smaller size?
OoG IN THE CITY (A: Smile w/ their eyes)
Last Career This Episode: Vacation in NYC
1. How did Times Square get its name- a giant clock once stood there or it was home to The New York Times?
Guess (snow): A giant clock once stood there
2. At the time it was built, the Brooklyn Bridge was what- the tallest structure in the U.S. or the only way to drive out of NYC?
Guess: The only way to drive out of NYC
EGQ: Which is true about The Statue of Liberty- she wears sandals or she's barefoot?
Guess (forest): She wears sandals (1,200)
FOR A TIE GAME: The "Canyon of Heroes" in NYC refers to what- a ticker-tape parade route or the Yankee Stadium bleachers?
Guess (deep in the desert): Yankee Stadium bleachers
Bonus Spin PICK: Odd- 1 (Soaring Sports hot air balloon adventure in Temecula, CA)
Final Round: Sloppy Joes are on the menu this time; they need to be tossed successfully on lunch trays.
WINNERS- BT (3,250-3,200)
GRAND PRIZE ROUND:
April: Would you rather play in a rock band or orchestra?
Guess: Orchestra- NO
Ashley: Would you rather be on "Survivor" or "American Idol"?
Guess: "American Idol"- YES
Ashton: When you reach in your lunch bag, would you rather pull out a PB&J or bologna sandwich?
Guess: Bologna- NO
Bonus Number: 1
GP NUMBER: 3- PAINFUL LOSS (S.F. CityPASS & a stay at the Orchard Garden Hotel)
SS: After this week, both "the game of LIFE" & this show each have six episodes left (five remain this season for "Family Game Night").
Pam & Hallie- Oahu (partly because Pam's son just went into the military)
Tristan & Bob- Budapest (because they're originally from there in Europe)
Knockout Prize: Southern California CityPASS
Categories: "What's in a Name?" & "Can We Go Again"
BT: "What's in a Name?"- Celebrities that only need one name (most of these are musicians)
1. MADBOINCNA- MADONNA
2. SPHAKINROA- SHAKIRA
3. UZSHWEVR- USHER
4. OPRTSAEH- OPRAH
5. PGRINDCAE- PRINCE (:52)
RT: "Can We Go Again"- Things at a theme park
1. CXAROUGSEFL- CAROUSEL
2. BAJLLDOONTS- BALLOONS
3. PCAURADVE- PARADE
4. LZIONMES- LINES
5. MONQOBRAIEL- MONORAIL (:01)
Slam! Prize: VocoPro
R1 (:26): LAKE
R2 (:19): FLAG
FR (:21): WORD
WORDS: WORM, FORM, FORT, PORT, PART, PANT & PUNT- BT WINS
(Note: Hallie has the letters in Scrabble on her fingernails.)
Flash Prize: Playcraft game table
Letter Line of the Week: TRSOA
BT: SORT, ROTS, ROT, RAT, RATS, TOR & TORS = 25
RT: TOR, TORS, STAR, TAR, TARS & SOAR = LOSS BY THREE POINTS
LIGHTNING BONUS TILE BOARD:
RT: D + X = 10
BT: WHY + X = 20
1. LEBLY- A big flop at the pool
BT: BELLY (40)
2. BNDRA (down from the B)- Katy Perry "Russelled" up this comedian
BT: BRAND (48)
3. DIVLE (across from the D)- He's no angel
BT: DEVIL (57)
4. EOMTER (left from the R)- Outer space rocks
BT: METEOR (65; Bob blurted out the answer prior to ringing in, but that didn't matter)
5. IKNAPN (left from the N)- Laugh it up at dinner
BT: NAPKIN (89)
6. OODNLE (up/down from the second L in BELLY)- The main chow in chow mein
RT: NOODLE (17)
7. HVOELS (across from the second O in NOODLE)- I can dig it
BT: QUICKEST LIGHTNING WIN EVER W/ SHOVEL! (101)