This series is taped in front of a studio audience w/ three companies taking part- macy's, Sak's Fifth Avenue & H&M. And ladies & gentlemen, TV history will be made at the end of this series, because the big winner will win a RECORD $6M+ contract to sell their collections at all three of those retailers!
RULES: Each designer shows off a collection & will try to make a sale from at least one of the retailers. If there's a sale for that collection, it goes to the retailer who made the highest bid (but they can change their offers after the initial numbers have been revealed), those clothes will be available at that store the very next day & s/he will be safe. Should s/he make no sale whatsoever in a round, they're in danger of being cut from this competition thanks to the buyers. Once per week, these mentors have a chance to save somebody- Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie & John Varvatos.
For this week, a signature item needs to be showcased.
As of right now, female contestant names are in yellow & the male names are in blue (& the director's Alan Carter).
FASHION SHOW ORDER:
R1 ("The Edge of Glory" by Lady GaGa)
1. Orly Shani (NYC)(tuc + wes)(Convertible mini skirt)("The Edge of Glory" by Lady GaGa)- $80K (SFA; macy's offered $50K)
2. Edmond Newton (Atlanta)(cocktail dress)- $60K (macy's)
R2 ("Bulletproof" by La Roux):
1. Oscar Fierro (Lewisville, TX)(butterfly dress)- NO OFFER
2. Nikki Poulos (Delray Beach, FL)(kimono caftan)- $50K (macy's)
R3 ("Let It Rock" by Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil' Wayne)
1. Barbara Bates (Chicago)(skirt & top)- NO
2. Nicholas Bowes (L.A.)(motorcycle jacket)- NO
R4 ("Fashion" by Lady GaGa):
1. Ross Bennett (Austin)(full culottes)- NO
2. Sarah Parrott (Marietta, GA)(shift dress)- $80K (H&M)
1. Ronnie Escalante (S.F.)- NO
2. Luciana Scarabello (Miami, FL)- NO
3. Lisa Vian Hunter (Mercer Island, WA)- NO
4. Lizzie Parker (Seattle)- $60K (macy's; SFA offered $50K)
Final Round ("Centerfold" by The J. Geils Band):
1. Kara Laricks (NYC)(collar & tie)- NO
2. Nzimiro Oputa (NYC)(sports jacket)- $50K (H&M)
FIRST OUT- Nicholas (Dishonorable mention: Kara)