Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"American Idol" 4/4

Theme of the Week: 1980s
Mentors: No Doubt members Gwen Stefani & Tony Kanal

Single Performances:

1. DeAndre: "I Like It" by DeBarge ('82)
2. Elise: "I Want to Know What Love Is" ('84)
3. Phillip: "That's All" by Genesis ('83)
4. Joshua: "If You Don't Know Me by Now" by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes ('72; later re-done by Patti LaBelle in '82)
5. Jessica: "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston ('85)
6. Hollie: "Flashdance...What a Feeling" by Irene Cara ('83)
7. Colton: "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper ('84)
8. Skylar: "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Roger Whittaker ('82)

Duets:

1. Colton & Skylar: "Islands in the Stream" by Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton ('83)
2. DeAndre & Hollie: "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters ('82; re-recorded in '84)
3. Phillip & Elise: "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" by Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty ('81)
4. Jessica & Joshua: "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)" by Aretha Franklin & George Michael ('87)

No comments: