FiO: The behind-the-scenes stuff's back at least for today & on the panel this time are Cymphonique Miller, Chris O'Neal ("How to Rock"), Max Schneider & Jade Ramsey ("House Anubis").
FEATURED TRIP: Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay
#1: Lauren & Kaylee Thomas
BASE BOARD: ____ TO _____ ON _____ ____
R1 C: Clogging shoes (clue train/coaster)
PROGRESS AFTER THIS ROUND: CLOG (Max immediately after the clue) TO _____ ON DANCE _____ (Max in nine seconds)
Recap: They're champions, it's a physical activity & they dance
Prize: p.s. gift card
BAG SSA: Leaning back (& Jade's slimed in four seconds, making Janet a winner)
R2 C: Sheets of music
PROGRESS AFTER THIS ROUND: CLOG TO MUSIC (Max just before the second clue dropped from the ceiling ON DANCE TEAM (Cymphonique at the bell)- LOSS
#2: Donovan Duggins
BB: ___ _______ WITH ____ ______ ______
R1 C: Hamburger buns
PROGRESS AFTER THIS ROUND: WON (Jade just before the bell) _______ WITH _____ SAUCE (Cymphonique halfway through the round) BURGER (WoH ALERT- Cymphonique said it right after the clue)
Recap: Not a bodybuilder or collector & didn't invent pickles
Prize: GO run gift tag
JACKET SSA: Sitting next to Max (Chris & Jade were slimed right away in Annika's favor)
R2 C: Contest entry form
PROGRESS AFTER THIS ROUND: WON CONTEST (Cymphonique w/ :11 left) WITH _____ SAUCE BURGER
Recap: He's a winner & not a Ninja Turtle
Prize: triple eight snowboarding equipment
CF3 C: Volcano
LOSS JUST UNDER THE BELL
TALENT: WON CONTEST WITH LAVA SAUCE BURGER
Victoria Steinberg (Forest Hills, NY)- Freelance writer
Curt Renshaw (D.C.)- Naval Officer
CHAMP: David Menchaca (whose three-day cash winnings total $69,102)
Tuesday's Topics To Lead Off:
SEEING SHADES OF RED
THE NAME ON THE AIRPORT
Curt picks off the Daily Double on the $400 American Yearbook page w/ $200; David has the clue's face value & Victoria's starting off $800 on the bad side. For $500 & to give Curt a $300 early lead:
In 1867, it cost the U.S. about two cents an acre to buy this.
"What is Alaska?" was it for $700 in early cold cash. As it stands between the guys at halftime, David leads Curt $2,800-$2,300.
SOLE ATTEMPTED TS: $800 (NBA MVPs)
UNATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $4,200
TOTAL LACH TRASH: $5K
Scores Following J! Round:
Double J! Categories:
I HOPS (each correct response has two words)
ITALIAN FOOD (Clue Crew clues by Sarah Whitcomb from Eataly in NY)
THE CELEBRITY TWEETS
A CITY ON THE WATER (the right response's a body of water)
Victoria springs right into first place after SWEEPING Authors instantly...but Curt collects his second DD tonight at the end of A City on the Water & now he's in front, $7,900-$7,200; David's close behind both w/ $5,400. Curt risks $3K, so here's his next clue to make his lead $3,700:
"What is Lake Champlain?"...it sounds Canadian, but that's the correct one to be $100 shy of $11K! The champ has a Video DD coming up on the $2K clue of our later course of Italian Food knowledge. Of his $8,200, he gambles $2.5K:
Naples is famous for pizza, including this simple, but delicious one named for the Queen who visited the city in 1889.
"What is pizza margarita?"...muy bien- Dave now has $10,700 & is only $200 off the pace.
ATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $3,200 ($1,200 & $2K Iron Man answers)
UNATTEMPTED LACH TRASH: $3,200
TOTAL DJ! LACH TRASH: $6,400
FINAL J! SUBJECT: Fabrics.
The name of this fabric includes the initials of the city where it was introduced at a world's fair site.
Commander Renshaw wrote on his screen "What is nylon"...put another $9K in his bank! Victoria Steinberg...nearly doubles to $22,200, but David Menchaca has officially won another $22,401! That makes his four-night winnings $91,503.
HHS: Most of these stars should be familiar to you as the second half of the season gets underway:
Lamarr Woodley (Steelers LB)
CENTER SQUARE: Method Man
X: Nick- Does music
O: Jessica- A student who works at a children's library, has gone to 100+ concerts & collects NY Giants memorabilia
1. Nick (MM): Passport or English to Chinese dictionary- which of these items are you more likely to need if you're going to Bangkok?
A/D: AGREE- INCORRECT (O)
2. Jessica (Vinny): Who said "Everybody loves me- babies, dogs, ya know, hot girls, cougars, I have this unbelievable mass appeal"- The Game or The Situation?
Response: The Situation
A/D: AGREE (O)
3. Nick (DJ): A Saudi prince's setting a record by spending $500B on one of these these, complete w/ a garage & a stable for horses and camels- what?
Response: Private jet
A/D (diagonal block): AGREE (X)
4. Jessica (Chiddy Bang): Which has more activity on the Web- social media or porn?
Response: Social media
A/D (to create two ways to win): AGREE- CORRECT (O)
5. Nick (Fat Joe): According to Time, who's more likely to have a one-night stand- a 40-year-old woman or 20-yr.-old woman?
A/D (for the first column block): AGREE- YES (X)
6. Jessica (Lamarr): In 1965, Homer Jones became the first NFL player to do this on a football field & many players have done it since, which is what?
Response: Drop a knee & pray
A/D (for the win): DISAGREE- SPIKE A FOOTBALL ($500)
The Foot Action stuff's in play for tonight's audience.
1. Nick (Amber): In an ad, Diddy said this "...moisturizes my situtation & maintains my sexy"- what was he referring to?
Response: proactiv acne treatment
A/D: AGREE- RIGHT (X)
2. Jessica (MM): Your teenager texts in w/ a buddy & you've all of a sudden sent PAW- what are you sending your friend?
Response: "Parents are watching"
A/D: AGREE- RIGHT (O)
3. Nick (Chiddy Bang- G-SPOT): Back in 2010, Wiz Khalifa headlined a tour that shared its name w/ a popular GS. What was that title- "Deal or No Deal", "The Price is Right" or "Family Feud"?
Response: "Deal or No Deal"
A/D: AGREE- WINS BONUSES (X)
4. Jessica (Fat Joe): Last year, what pregnant diva posed totally naked on the cover of Life & Style- Mariah Carey or Jennifer Lopez?
Response: Mariah Carey
A/D: AGREE- YEAH (O)
5. Nick (Damien): It says that people freak out the most w/ customer service reps when they hear what three words?
Response: "That's our policy"
A/D (for the diagonal block): AGREE- GOT IT (X)
6. Jessica (Vinny): Your lady's taking a ride on your hard tail hog- what's she sitting on?
A/D: AGREE- RIGHT (O)
7. Nick (DJ): You're on your way to buying a Powerball ticket in the rain- are you more likely to win the lottery or get struck by lightening?
Response: Struck by lightening
A/D (for the other diagonal block): AGREE- YES, BUT GAME OVER ($800-$400)
Nick leaves w/ $1,400.
Just before this endgame, MTV2 shows us the exclusive world premiere of Rick Ross' music video "Touch N' You" feat. Usher!
BR ROW: MIDDLE
$2.5K Q #5: What African-American legend recites a poem on Common's hit "The Dreamer"?
Chiddy Bang: Sidney Poitier
Method Man: MLK
Lamar: Maya Angelou
FINAL ANSWER: MLK- LOSS (A: Maya)
RG: "You'll Never Take Me Alive, Again" is the episode title of the week.
IMPOUND LOT GAME
Vehicle: White '04 Chevrolet Impala
Intel: They put the "fun" in dysfunctional.
1. The Parthenon's located in what European country?
2. What's the only letter of the alphabet that's NOT in the following sentence- "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"?
3. Name three of the five least favorite NFL teams from a Harris poll taken before last season.
Guesses: Browns, Cardinals & Seahawks- ALL WRONG (A: Jaguars, Bengals, Chiefs, Bills & Buccaneers)
4. Name three people who were ranked as America's top five U.S. Presidents according to a 2011 Gallup poll.
Guesses: Lincoln, Clinton & Washington- PAID! (Others: JFK & Reagan)
Vehicle: Orange '03 Ford Focus ZX4
Intel: There totally is a way (& her nickname's "Dimples").
DOUBLE REPO ALERT
1. Michael J. Fox played a Republican in what '80s sitcom about the Keaton family?
Guess: "Family Ties"- YES INDEEDY
2. What's the Chinese practice of inserting tiny needles into the body to relieve pain?
3. Half Dome's located in what California national park?
Guess: Yosemite- SWEEP!
Vehicle: Green '02 Chevy Impala
Intel: Wishes that old stripper (Mary Kay) never moved in.
1. Michael Jordan became a six-time NBA champ & five-time MVP w/ what team?
2. Who did Reagan tell to "Open this gate and tear down this wall"?
Guess: George H.W. Bush- NO (A: Mikhail Gorbachev)
3. In the electrical term AC/DC, what does the DC stand for?
Guess: Direct current
4. How much's a 20% tip on a $10 tab?
Guess: $2- FIRST-EVER PERFECT SHOW!!!!!
10: "Repo Games"
7: "Hip Hop Squares" & "Jeopardy!"
6: "Figure It Out" & "The Price is Right"