Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"Hell's Kitchen" 6/12

Challenge #4: Each teammate had to go outside & grab a sheep w/ an ingredient marked on them (five-minute time limit for the teams, after which both teams had 45 min. to make four lamb dishes using the ingredients they chose.

Lamb Chop R:
Tiffany & Danielle: Anchovy & pine nut-crusted lamb chop w/ souffle
Clemenza & Don: Herb-crusted grilled lamb w/ roasted cauliflower Feta melt
1-1 TIE

Ground Lamb R:
Roshni & Kimmie: Lamb Kibbeh w/ a coconut curry sauce on the bottom
Patrick: Lamb & fennel sausage
RT LEAD, 2-1

Rack of Lamb R:
Barbie & Robyn: RoL w/ parsnip puree & braised leeks
Justin & Guy: Grilled RoL w/ roasted garlic, basil puree & turnips three ways
2-2 TIE

Lamb Steak R:
Dana & Christina: Braised LS w/ sauteed spinach
Royce & Brian: Marinated grilled LS w/ avocado mousse & mixed pepper slaw
WINNERS- BT

The Guys got themselves a day at the races, but the Women had to clean the lambs' butts & both kitchens.

DINNER SERVICE #4 PROBLEM REPORT:

Danielle: Failure to recall the initial orders said by Chef Ramsay at the start, as well as making bad risottos
Brian: Being all over the place on the cod & running out of it later on, causing it to be replaced w/ Sea Bass- BENCHED
Roshni: Dud Beef Wellingtons- BENCHED
Robyn & Danielle: Communication problems- BOTH BENCHED
Don: Overcooking two steaks- BENCHED
Royce: Cooking Bass at the same time in Justin's station- BOTH BENCHED

NOMINATED- Brian, Danielle, Don & Roshni
CUT- Don

1 comment:

Fr3ddy said...

I enjoy watching Hell’s Kitchen and all the stress and challenges Chef Ramsey, makes the learning chefs deal with. He makes for some great TV and I enjoy the extra tips I can pick up as well. I love being able to record all my PrimeTime Anytime shows without picking and choosing shows. There are so many greats it used to be hard but now the Hopper does it all. Just when I thought the Hopper couldn’t get any better, now I can skip commercials too. I can enjoy the primetime shows more with the new Auto Hop feature. I like how the day after my primetime shows air I have the option to watch or to skip commercials with the touch of a button. I’m glad my coworker at Dish told me about this great new feature. It’s the easiest and coolest feature I’ve enjoyed using in awhile. I won’t have to replace my batteries in the remote as often.