LMaD: Ashley better not be chicken as her turkey costume might indicate, because she's on a Race to the Finish (using the older card table) for:
#1: $2K (ATM)
#2: Five-night trip to the hotel urbano AT BRICHELL in Miami, FL ($6,170)(TRIP)
#3: Toyota Corolla LE (TOYOTA; I spot her the first T for free)
1. 2 OF HEARTS (TO----)
2. 10 OF DIAMONDS (A--)
3. 9 OF HEARTS (TOY---)
4. 5 OF SPADES (T---)
5. KING OF SPADES (TR--)
6. 9 OF CLUBS (X--)
7. JACK OF SPADES (TRI-)
8. 3 OF DIAMONDS (AT-)
9. 5 OF DIAMONDS (ATM)- GO ON
10. 10 OF CLUBS (XX-)
11. 4 OF CLUBS (XXX)- STRIKE THREE, YOU'RE OUT
Keith & Heather (an Irish boyfriend/girlfriend couple) are today's featured team.
Rejected by Keith in R1: SE- Massages twice a month for a year ($2,160)
SB (diamonds)- 18-karat Mon Cheri white gold pear-shaped pendant ($5,459)- BAILOUT
BB (his & hers)- Pair of motorscooters ($8,998)
Jonathan's Beige Wallet- BOUNCED CHECK
The Big Deal this morning's a $27,590 Dodge Charger.
Not related to each other are Scott (donkey) & Yolanda ('70s DJ) as they negotiate in the Nine Checks Deal.
Scott: #6: TRADES FOR CURTAIN #1- Bedroom ($5,484)
Yolanda: #7: REJECTS CURTAIN #2- Home theater ($5,484)
Joseph (Uncle Sam hat) plays a new deal called World Traveler for a chance to at least go on a three-night getaway to the Meritage Resort & Spa in Napa Valley worth $2,450 (CURTAIN #3). The objective is to select the correct air mileage from LAX to another airport.
SFO (338 or 874?): 338- WIN
He can trade in that first getaway for a chance to win the $4K Panama Tour (all trips shown behind CURTAIN #3), which he does.
PTY (900, 1,308 or 3,010?): 3,010- WIN
The big trip's to...for four nights, the Grand Pineapple Beach Resort in Negril worth $5,696, but he stops.
ANU (1,000, 2,010, 3,671 or 5,110): 3,671- WIN
Time for a crucial Money Envelopes Deal.
$500 R (CURTAIN #1): Alyssa (cowgirl)- Bathtub bunk beds
$1K R (BB): Kyle (who's wearing a belt across his head)- Home office ($3,073)
$2K R (Paul)(CURTAIN #2): NO ('13 KIA Rio LX MT)
Meredith meets Jonathan Big Head (Tiffany w/ SB):
1. Is it more than one item?
2. Does it require a passport to use?
3. Does it have more than three wheels?
4. Does it have more than one color?
5. Does it weigh more than 20 pounds?
1. #2- NO
2. #3- NO
3. #1- YES
FINAL DECISION: $1K (Dog food gummy sushi)
BD #27: For that Charger, Scott needs to select DOOR #1...but he's not even close w/ #3; he leaves w/ a $9,299 Sea-Doo GTI 130. #2 had a BBQ patio set worth $2,747.
Sophia (Rubik's Cube) pulls out for Tiffany a coffee creamer packet for $500!
TPiRecap (the offered Veloster's a '13 one)
Halloween Week was taped while Meredith was still dealing w/ a broken toe, I believe. I do know that the second regular player of the week's Josh Gatewood from Knoxville, TN (a self-proclaimed vagabond who claims to have lived in seven different states & wants to open his own Southern fried chicken restaurant).
Pre-Randomized Topics: Vehicular Vernacular, Predictive Text, Finnish Game, Duds & Suds, Rock Doc, Bare Skin Banishment, Breakfast Dishes, Buy-bye Chainmail, Literary Slang & TV Hostesses
Menu: Duds and Suds, Finnish Game, Rock Doc, Vehicular Vernacular, Bare Skin Banishment, Literary Slang, Buy-bye Chainmail, Predictive Text, Breakfast Dishes & TV Hostesses
1. Beer-drinking fashion novices might perk up their ears at the mention of what clothes designer, whose surname's a homophone of a popular beer?
A: Ralph Lauren
B: Marc Jacobs
C: Michael Kors
D: Calvin Klein
FA: Kors- $100
2. Finland's version of what board game includes characters whose names translate to English as Miss Red-Gold & Pastor Green Algae?
FA: Clue- $3K ($3,100)
3. The 2012 documentary "Mission to Lars" follows a family as they go on a journey to meet the drummer of what rock band?
D: Foo Fighters
FA: Metallica- $2K ($5,100)
4. "Funeral coach" is a term commonly used to refer to what type of vehicle?
FA: Hearse- $5K ($10,100)
5. Unaware it had a dress code, Summer tourists often purchase paper pants from street vendors before entering what Italian attraction?
A: St. Peter's Basilica
B: Leaning Tower of Pisa
C: Roman Forum
D: Uffizi Gallery
FA: St. Peter's Basilica- $500 ($10,600)
6. Referring to a fish w/ a flat head rather than the hairstyle, what author used the insult "mullet-headed" in his 1884 classic?
A: Mark Twain
B: Oscar Wilde
C: Charles Dickens
D: Jules Verne
PICK THE AUDIENCE'S BRAIN
C: 16% (that was Josh's gut instinct)
CRYSTAL BALL ACTIVATED (after Meredith reminds him about it)- $25K
FA: Twain- YES INDEED ($35,600)
7. Many times stronger than Kevlar, what material are engineers hoping to synthesize in order to make bulletproof body armor?
A: Deer antlers
B: Spider silk
C: Porcupine quills
D: Alligator skin
FA: Spider silk- $1K ($36,600)
8. Writing in Fahrenheit 451 of "little seashells" that are "thimble radios", some posit that Ray Bradbury what modern invention?
B: Earbud headphones
C: Virtual reality
D: Video game consoles
Earbud headphones- $7K ($43,600)
USES BOTH BAT AWAY THE QUESTION LIFELINES
9. The popular breakfast dish Potatoes O'Brien is traditionally made from potatoes, onions & what other ingredient?
C: Bell peppers
A: Bell peppers- $10K
10. The scary but sexy character Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, started out introducing Horror films on a L.A. TV show called what?
A: "Frightful Flicks"
B: "Movie Macabre"
C: "Reel Scary"
D: "Creature Features"
A: "Movie Macabre"- $15K
(At the Movies): What did sound effects legend Ben Burtt record to use for the rolling boulder scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"?
A: His dogs running down the stairs
B: His kids playing in garbage cans
C: His car driving on gravel
D: His shoes in the clothes driver
(after using a dip can to determine if he'll go for it or not instead of his mom's lucky penny, which he doesn't have): His shoes in the clothes dryer- LOSS (A: His car driving on gravel)
Q of the Day: What sport's believed to have been first played by British Army officers using corks & cigar-box lids?
C: Table tennis
$1K Contestant #14:
Louise Minner (Green Lake, PA)(she just retired as a pediatric receptionist & is married for 47 years)
Remember, for these segments this week only, Halloween-themed queries will be asked instead of the next Q in a departing player's stack.
The city of Monroeville, PA began an annual "zombie walk" in honor of what '70s classic that was filmed in its local mall?
B: "Dawn of the Dead"
D: "The Stepford Wives"
FA: "Dawn of the Dead"- WIN
CAR GAME #6: Addisons ($22,215 heading into this one) vs. Datchers (Vincent, AL; they've wanted to play for about two decades)
R1: What would a man hate to wake up & find in his Las Vegas hotel room after a wild night of partying. Let's get this party started:
#1: Stripper/nude dude (70)(Nick)
Vince: Police officer- X
Anthony: Wedding ring- XX
Ken: Animals/pets- T2 (7; tigers, to be specific)
Carol: Empty wallet- #5 (3)
Nick: Drugs- XXX
Margaret Steal (for 80): Blood- NO GOOD
T2: Bills/bar tabs (7)
#4: Condoms (6)
R2: If a prisoner could have one visitor, tell me who he might ask to see. First behind those "bars":
#1: His wife/girlfriend/mate (51)(Phyllis; an Education worker at Central Alabama Community College who offers students a second chance to those students who didn't complete HS)
DUD- God (Vince)
Marie (a state investigator for dog abuse/neglecting- VB): Pastor/clergy- #4 (9)
Korliss (daughter; her closer sister Netta's in the audience): Homeboy- X
Kelvin (a community health/development issues worker; their mom put five members of their whole clan in college): Lawyer- #3 (10)
Margaret (mom): Parents- #2 (13; just mom)
Phyllis: Accomplice- XX
Marie: Children- #7 (3)
Korliss: Local drug dealer- XXX
Steal (to retain lead w/ 86 extra): Parole officer- NOPE
T5: Salma Hayek/celebrity & governor (4 each)
#8: Locksmith (2)
Double: Name an animal w/ a longer tongue than yours. After the third face-off:
#1: Giraffe (30)(Anthony)
Ken: Anteater- #2 (13)
Carol: Lizard- T3 (12)
Nick: Dog- #5 (10)
Vince: Camel- X
Anthony: Alligator- XX
Ken: Elephant- XXX
Margaret Steal #2 (for another 130 & to keep advantage): Frog- #6 (6)(216)
#3: Snake (12)
#7: Cow/bull (5)
FOR POSSIBLY THE UTE: Name a profession where you have to wear gloves. This could win the Addisons their Ford Edge:
#1: Doctor/physician (61)(Ken)
Carol: Construction worker- X
Nick: Cook- XX
Vince: Janitor/custodian- WIPEOUT
Margaret Steal to Win Championship: Baseball player/athletes- NO (Addisons: 263)
#2: Nurse (15)
#3: Dishwasher (7)
#4: Mortician (5)
CAR SD #2: Name something a divorced couple literally can't cut in half.
Carol: $$$- PAINFUL LOSS (A: Kids)(70)
(Note: They seriously cut down on the reminders about the possibility of a car win on this episode, so I should've known the second aired car loss of the season was going to happen from a mile away.)
1. Name something expensive that you now wish you never bought.
2. Name something that gives you the chills.
3. On the 1-10 scale, how honest are most politicians?
4. Name something a woman dreams of doing once in their lifetime.
5. Stock _________.
1. Automobile- 24
2. Weather- 10
3. 5- 15
5. Market- 41
1. Wedding ring- 21
2. Scary movies- 22
3. 1- 34
4. Getting married- 32
5. Options- DUD!!!
TOTAL- ANOTHER PAINFUL LOSS ($995)
G2: Frittses (Nashville) vs. Sudduths (whose three-day cash winnings total $2,355)
R1: Name an activity that makes you hungry afterward. For example:
#1: Exercising/sports (36)(Jason; he's an associate pastor)
Chad (who manages their family's company called Electric City Signs): Sleeping- X
Michele (who's married to Jason for nine yrs. w/ two kids): Watching TV/movies- T5 (4)
Christina (a First Grade teacher who's married to Chad for five yrs.): At the hanky panky- #2 (22)
Stacy: Going to work- #3 (9)
Jason: Traveling- XX
Chad: Cooking- T3 (9; lite meals/Chinese, to be exact)
Michele: Cleaning- XXX
Tom Steal (for 80): Smoking weed- #8 (3)(T5: Drinking & shopping)(4 each)
R2: Name something you hope doesn't happen while you're riding a Ferris Wheel. As this ride starts:
#1: Breaks down/stops (at the top)(55)(Carolyn)
Cecilia: Rains/storms- #4 (9)
Dana: Drop something- #6 (2; shoes, specifically)
Marshan: Get sick- #2 (17)
Tom: Go too fast- X
Carolyn: Fall (out)- #3 (11)
Cecilia: Purse/wallet opens- XX
Dana: Ride's too short- XXX
Jason Steal (for 94 & the early cushion): Bathroom- CORRECT (3)
Double: Name a place a boss might move your desk if he really, really hated you. First into view this round:
#1: Basement (32)(Michele)
Christina: Out the door/sidewalk- BA (4)
Stacy: Right next to his- X
Jason: In/near bathroom- #3 (19)
Chad: On the roof- XX
Michele: In a break room- XXX
Tom Steal #2 (for 110 more & to regain lead): Closet/storage room- #2 (23)(190)
In the corner (8)
Other BA: Hallways (4)
Triple: Name something a mouse might be dragging along the floor. Here goes nothing:
#1: Cheese/food (74)(Christina)
Stacy: Poison- X
Jason: Mousetrap- #2 (12)
Chad: Its babies/mice- #4 (4)
Michele: Cat- XX
Christina: Dirt/dust- XXX
Tom Steal to Retain Title: Its tail- WIN! (10)(460)
1. How many hours could you be stuck on an airport runway before you freaked out?
2. Name an occupation in which you can be fired for using curse words.
3. Name something people buy to prepare for hurricanes (what a time for that to be asked).
4. Name a part of your body that starts w/ F.
5. Name a way people prepare potatoes.
1. Three- 13
2. Teacher- 35
3. Water- 22
4. Foot- 34
5. Baked- 25
1. Two- 28
2. Doctor- DUD
3. Canned goods- 15
4. Forehead- 3
5. Fried- 22
TOTAL- 197 FOR MORE PEPTO-BISMOL FOR YOU "FEUD" FANS (four-day total of $3,340)
Figure It Out: Episode 622's very special, because not only is Metta World Peace on the panel (because the NBA season tips off tonight), he's the subject of tonight's sweepstakes hidden talent! Does he ride a camel, groom a tiger, leap like an antelope or imitate a panther?
PANEL: MWP, Lulu Antariksa, Noah Munck & Rachel Crow
Featured Trip: NCL cruise (includes the chance to meet nickelodeon characters)
#1: P.J. Whittaker
BB: _____________ ________ _______ ON _______ ______
R1 C: Chicken w/ stars soup (squirting boxes; some members of the audience got drenched by it, too)
Recap: Not a champion or architect & what's in the soup?
Prize: the singing machine classic pedestal machine
BAG SSA: Holding a ball (MWP got greened up in :30, as did the other panelists except for Rachel; in any event, Jada Johnson got the prize)
R2 C: Sports balls (memorabilia)
PROGRESS: _____________ SPORTS (WoH- I thought I overheard it just before the sliming, but it wasn't recorded until there were :02 left in this round & it was Lulu's turn) STARS (Noah almost immediately) ON ________ ______
Recap: No noodles & Rachel, do you feel left out?
Prize: Foozball table
CF3 C: Radio boombox (Julia)
PROGRESS: INTERVIEWS (Lulu almost right away) SPORTS STARS ON RADIO (off clue) SHOW (Lulu)- LOSS W/ :02 TO SPARE (P.J. does the pre-commercial toss instead of Jeff before the first break)
Metta's talent has to do w/ wild animals.
#2: Mimi Alonso
BB: _________ __________ IN ______ TO ____ ______
Fruit punch (squirting boxes strike again)
PROGRESS: __________ PUNCHES (off clue) IN ______ TO WIN (Lulu in about :05) ______
Recap: Won a competition, not an invention & it's a sport
Playing mad defense (MWP & Rachel are slime showered three seconds into the next round to make Leela Erickson a happy girl)
R2 C: Gummy rings (cannons)
PROGRESS: THROWS (Lulu in :13) PUNCHES IN RING (off clue) TO WIN _____
Recap: She's a fighter, wins competitions & think of Aaron Rodgers' "Discount Double Check" pose
Prize: Nintendo 3DS XL
R3 C: Belt buckle (Julia)
LOSS W/ :03 REMAINING (THROWS PUNCHES IN RING TO WIN BELT)(she's a world amateur boxing champ & there are a couple punching bags on the set)
MWP imitates a panther & PANTHER is the sweepstakes keyword of the night.
G1 STARS: Fat Joe, Amber Rose, DJ Khaled, Chiddy Bang, Biz Markie, Hannibal Buress, Vinny, Damien Lemon & Method Man (CS)
X: Cory- Reality TV junkie
O: Nicole- Has a nickname of "Lipsy Lohan"
1. Nicole (FJ): What rapper shares his name w/ the former dictator of Panama?
A/D: AGREE (& Noriega himself comes out!)(O)
2. Cory (MM): The American Heart Association says men have an increased risk of a heart attack during sex if they're doing this at the same time- what?
Guess: Having an affair
A/D: DISAGREE- OOPS (O)
3. Nicole (DL): What TV series follows a group of men competing to catch crabs?
Guess: "Deadliest Catch"
A/D: "Deadliest Catch"- TOP-LEFT TO BOTTOM-RIGHT DIAGONAL EXACTA! (O)
1. Cory (Vinny): Which Constitutional amendment gives us the right to bear arms?
A/D: DISAGREE (O)
2. Nicole (DL): The title of Kanye West's debut single "Through the Wire" also referred to the unique way he recorded it, which was what?
Guess: His jaw was wired & recorded it w/ a wired jaw
A/D: AGREE- RIGHT (O)
3. Cory (HB): Rihanna's redecorating & wants to make sure her carpets match the drapes. If she makes both chartreuse, that's a shade of what?
A/D (for the bottom row block): DISAGREE- GREENISH-YELLOW (X)
4. Nicole (MM): A lady's examining your "Girdle of Venus" above your "line of fate". What's going on?
Guess: Having your palm read
A/D: DISAGREE- SORRY (X)
5. Cory (DJ): The head of the Chicago Crime Commission coined this term in the 1920s to condemn gangsters- what was it?
Guess: Public Enemy
A/D (to tie match w/ bottom-left to top-right diagonal): DISAGREE (O)
6. Nicole (BM- G-SPOT): Which of these is America's oldest fast-food chain- Wendy's, Burger King or White Castle?
Guess: White Castle
A/D (for the third column win & to quadruple her winnings): AGREE (O)
G3 (remember, if it's completed, it's worth $1K):
1. Cory (MM): In the yr. 2000, Pope John Paul II was named an honorary member of what group?
Guess: Harlem Globetrotters
A/D: DISAGREE- WRONG AGAIN (O)
2. Nicole (DJ): You're located in Philadelphia, you're about 2K lbs. & people come from all over to stare at your huge crack- what are you?
Guess: Liberty Bell
A/D: AGREE (O)
3. Cory (HB): Cinderella wants to give Prince Charming a happy ending- is there a castle in Disneyland or Disneyworld?
A/D (for the block w/ bottom-left to top-right diagonal): AGREE- YES (X)
4. Nicole (FJ): You have a tiny pair of blue-footed boobies- what kind of creatures are boobies?
A/D: AGREE- RIGHT AGAIN & THAT'S ALL ($2,300-$100)
BR Row: Middle
$2.5K Q #11: What was the first complete rap song to hit #1 on the Billboard Pop Charts?
CB: "Lean Back" by Terror Squad
MM: "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
BM: "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice
FA FOR A NEW RECORD OF $4,800: "Lose Yourself"- PAINFUL LOSS (A: "Ice Ice Baby")
G2 STARS: Fat Joe, Angie Martinez, DJ Khaled, Owen Smith, Ghostface Killah, Deray Davis, Jessica White, Lil Duval & Nick Cannon (CS)
X: Richy- A recent gradate of the Connecticut School of Broadcasting who can do actor impressions
O: Mesha (Brooklyn; originally from Memphis)- Eldest of seven siblings
1. Mesha (NC): Which is shorter- an average adult male giraffe or a stack of three Katt Williamses?
Guess: Average adult male giraffe
A/D: AGREE- NO (X)
2. Richy (DJ): If Method Man & his wife were using the Rhythm Method, what would they be using it for?
Guess: Playing piano
A/D: DISAGREE- BIRTH CONTROL (X)
3. Mesha (DD): Your wife sends you to the store to pick up something that comes in the sizes Jumbo & Pee-Wee- what are you buying?
A/D (for the block w/ that same diagonal): DISAGREE- WRONG
4. Richy (DD): What's the fastest two-footed creature in the world?
A/D (for $500): AGREE- WIN (X)
1. Mesha (LD): Is there such a thing as an F-cup in bra sizes?
A/D: DISAGREE- YES (O)
2. Richy (NC): Who's the female recording artist w/ the most #1 hits of all-time?
Guess: Mariah Carey
A/D: DISAGREE (O)
3. Mesha (FJ): At your favorite place for breakfast, you tell the waitress "Grand Slam, thank you ma'am". Where are you?
A/D (to tie match w/ top-left to bottom-right diagonal): AGREE FOR EXACTA! (O)
1. Richy (AM): Extremely rich dude Donald Trump's known for his unusual hair. What does he say he uses to wash it?
Guess: Head & Shoulders shampoo
A/D: DISAGREE- WRONG (O)
2. Mesha (NC): What rapper hosts his own beatboxing segment on the nickelodeon kids' show "Yo Gabba Gabba"?
Guess: Biz Markie
A/D: AGREE- YEAH (O)
3. Richy (JW): According to recent studies, nothing turns a woman on like the smell of black what?
A/D (for middle column block): AGREE- LICORICE
4. Mesha (JW): Katy Perry made news last February for putting a smiley face in what unusual place?
Guess: Her divorce papers
A/D: AGREE- WIN! (O)($1.5K)
G4 (also worth $1K):
1. Richy (FJ): What does Match.com say is the worst thing for a woman to do on a first date?
Guess: Talk about your ex
A/D: AGREE- RIGHT (X)
2. Mesha (AM): On an average CD, is Track 1 on a CD closer to the edge or closer to the hole?
Guess: Closer to the hole
A/D: DISAGREE- NO, BUT SHE STILL WINS ($1.5K-$700)
BR Row: Bottom
$2.5K Q #12: What is it called when a CD sells 10M copies?
FA FOR $4K: Diamond- WIN!
WoF Recap (only Andy again)
(Also tonight: While everyone got Final Jeopardy! right & Keith Whitener had a lock game, he only managed $12,399 tonight & now has $100,397 after five games.)
6 PM: 2
6:30 PM: 7
9: "Hip Hop Squares"
7: "Figure It Out" & "Jeopardy!"
6: Everything else