Olga officially walks w/ the $100K she racked up the last time after not having any clue about this:
$250K (Music in You?): Particularly skilled at the High Jump, what crooner had to choose between recording his first album & attending the 1956 U.S. Olympic trials?
A: Frank Sinatra
B: Johnny Mathis
C: Paul Anka
D: Tony Bennett
Today's featured player is Sue Gausch from Phoenixville, PA (who wants to win enough for her wedding engagement so that she can make a TV reality show about her wedding).
TT: Heavy Ink, Bygone Occupations, All About Chemistry, Photo shoot, Cry for Compliments, Box Office Flops, Car Talk, Father of a Nation, What's My Floor? & Tasty Universe
1. What Pop star's numerous tattoos include a treble clef, a Rilke quote & a unicorn w/ a banner that reads "Born This Way"?
A: Lil' Kim
B: Lady GaGa
FA: Lady GaGa- $1K
2. Paid to knock on people's doors, a "knocker-up" was once a profession in England made obsolete by what?
A: Alarm clocks
B: In vitro fertilization
D: Pregnancy pillows
FA: Alarm clocks- QUADRUPLE
3. What scientist was awarded the 1911 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for "the discovery of the elements radium & polonium"?
A: Louis Pasteur
B: Marie Curie
C: Albert Schweitzer
D: Alexander Fleming
FA: Marie Curie- $7K ($11K)
She brought her boyfriend Mark & mom Ann.
4. Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates & Jon Bon Jovi are among the 12 individuals posing in a 2012 Forbes magazine cover titled "Titans of..." what?
B: Tax reform
FA: Philanthropy- $15K ($26K)
5. Originating in the 1920s but still used today, what animal action's slang for something stylish?
A: Camel's spit
B: Hyena's laugh
C: Cat's meow
D: Monkey's scratch
FA: Meow- $25K ($51K)
6. Called one of the biggest box office flops ever, the '12 kids film "The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure" is about a birthday party for a what?
JUMP (A: Pillow- she was leaning towards cactus)- $2K
7. What automaker recently declared that the correct plural form of its famous hybrid car's "Prii"?
FA: Toyota- $100 ($51,100)
8. In 2011, who became his country's first leader to have a baby while in power since Napoleon II did it 155 yrs. earlier?
A: Silvio Berlusconi
B: David Cameron
C: Nicolas Sarkozy
D: Dmitry Medvedev
FA: Sarkozy- $500 ($51,600)
9. The Wynn hotel in Las Vegas has NO elevator floors that begin w/ what number, as it's considered bad luck in many Asian cultures?
FA: Eight- LOSES $50,600 (A: Four)
Q of the Day: Before AL & HI were admitted in '59, what was the last state to enter the Union?
$1K Contestant #23: Melinda Novans (who got 11 stitches on a hand because she had a cell phone recovery accident)
Some astrophysicists believe the universe has a 3-torus shape, which they compare to a complex, multi-dimensional version of what snack?
D: Cheese ball
FA: Doughnut- WIN
EPISODE RATING: 7