Starting off a potentially very memorable week is classically-trained Opera singer & trivia buff Paul Reese from Philadelphia.
Pre-Randomized Categories: It's 5'O'clock Somewhere, On Ice, Join Now, Candy Land, Hairy Fruit, Documentaries, Book Borrowing, Bush Abroad, Severe Weather (the Northeast just got hit by a blizzard this past weekend) & Alternate Versions
TT: Hairy Fruit, On Ice, Candy Land, Severe Weather, It's 5 O'clock Somewhere, Documentaries, Bush Abroad, Join Now, Book Borrowing & Alternate Versions
1. W/ remnants of its pistils or reproductive organs sticking out of its skin, which of these fruits appears to be covered in tiny hairs?
FA: Raspberry- $10K
2. A company offering "The best & largest selection of ice sculpting equipment in the world", Ice Crafters sells many varieties of what tool?
FA: Chisel- $500 ($10.5K)
3. Which of these candy brands shares its name w/ a South American mountain range?
FA: Andes- $15K ($25.5K)
4. Meteorologists say what weather phenomenon could be the cause for reports of storms that rain frogs & fish?
JUMPED (A: Waterspout)- $25K
5. If you have a "5 o'clock shadow", you have what?
A: A long cape
B: A stalker
C: An odor problem
D: Beard stubble
FA: Beard stubble (partly because his younger brother Mark in the audience reportedly has it)- $7K ($32.5K)
6. Spike Lee's '10 film "If God Is Willing And Da Creek Don't Rise" is his second documentary about what city?
D: New Orleans
FA: N.O.- $5K ($37.5K)
7. Coined after a '92 trip George H.W. Bush made to Japan, "bushusuru" refers to an act of public what?
FA: Vomiting- $100 ($37,600)
8. A "members-only shooter's cap" is a free gift given to new members of what national organization?
FA: NRA- $2K ($39,600)
9. In its acknowledgements, which of these books mentions the Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota, FL?
A: The Art of Fielding
B: Eat, Pray, Love
C: Water for Elephants
FA: Water for Elephants- $3K ($42,600)
For $43,600: The U.K. cover of what artist's studio album titled "Electric Ladyland" raised some eyebrows w/ a photo of 19 naked women?
A: Jim Morrison
B: Bob Marley
C: Jimi Hendrix
D: Kurt Cobain
FINAL LIFELINE ACTIVATED (A: Hendrix, whom he wanted to pull the trigger on)
CM #51: Regardless of what happens, it appears he's going to Romania.
$100K (At Your Door): Due to sugar, flour & butter shortages, the Girl Scouts opted to replace their cookies w/ what other fundraising item during WWII?
WALKS BECAUSE HE SAID HE LOOKS LIKE OGI OGAS & KEN BASIN (A: Calendars)
Q of the Day: What popular song, which climbed the Billboard charts during the '50s, features the familiar phrase "Day-O"?
A: "The Banana Boat Song"
B: "Unchained Melody"
C: "Mack the Knife"
A: "The Banana Boat Song"
$1K Contestant #24: Michelle Monica (a retired HS library media specialist for 16 yrs. from Bellview, NJ)
This $250K Q would've talked about Museums:
Opened last yr., what museum's fittingly located in one of the same buildings where the famed Kefauver hearings were held in 1950?
A: Mob Museum
B: International Spy Museum
C: Plagiarism Museum
D: Museum of Sex
FA: ISM- LOSS (A: Mob)
EPISODE RATING: 7