After auditioning in six different cities, Dave Ellis from East Lansing, MI finally got through on the ninth try in Toledo, OH; Meredith's already at the Hot Podium in the intro.
Pre-Randomized Rundown: Potty Trained, Animal Tech, Start the Presses, Wrong Answer, Color Coded, Auto Arrangement, Fashion Lines, Fake Tweets, At the Airport & World Dance
TT: Animal Tech, Color Coded, World Dance, Start the Presses, Potty Trained, Fake Tweets, Auto Arrangement, At the Airport, Wrong Answer & Fashion Lines
1. Believing orangutans have "an innate ability to work with touchscreen technology", a zoo project called "Apps for Apes" is providing them w/ what?
D: MP3 players
FA: iPads- $2K
2. Because the human eye has a greater sensitivity to it, night vision goggles commonly display images in what color?
FA: Green- $25K ($27K)
3. Not as naughty as pole dancing, which of these's literally a Pole dance because it's traditionally performed in Poland?
FA: Mazurka- $500 ($27.5K)
4. Debuting in 1889, what newspaper promised readers it would be "Published daily, except Sundays and Stock Exchange holidays"?
A: Washington Post
B: Christian Science Monitor
C: Wall Street Journal
D: Los Angeles Times
FA: WSJ- $15K ($42.5K)
5. A less crass way to say that a dog has to go to the bathroom, owners often remark that they're taking their dog "to do his" what?
FA (he says he has a 10-yr.-old Golden Retriever): Business- $7K ($49.5K)
His wife's Dawn.
6. The humorous twitter feed KimKierkegaardashian gained a cult following by mashing together the words of a reality TV star & a what?
A: Polish economist
B: German poet
C: Danish philosopher
D: Swedish film director
FA: Danish philosopher- $1K ($50.5K)
7. From '98-'10, what car model could be purchased w/ a dashboard-mounted vase for drivers to put flowers in?
A: Pontiac (Firebird) Trans-Am
B: HUMMER H2
C: Volkswagen Beetle
D: MINI Cooper
FA: VW Bug- $3K ($53.5K)
8. What airline allows its first-class passengers to sit in pre-flight waiting areas known as Maharaja Lounges?
A: Singapore Airlines
B: Air Jamaica
C: Air India
FA: Air India- $100 ($53,600)
9. A humor book of real student test answers, "F in Exams" includes the answer "A little lie" on a biology test that asked "What is a" what?
FA: Fibula- $10K ($63,600)
For $68,600 Sweep: An acronym for "Love Angel Music Baby", L.A.M.B. is a fashion line created by what pop star?
A: Christina Aguilera
B: Gwen Stefani
C: Jennifer Lopez
D: Mariah Carey
FA: Gwen- FIRST MALE R1 SWEEP!
$100K (Presidents): Which of these products shares its name w/ the childhood home of Abraham Lincoln?
A: Pepperidge Farm cookies
B: Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
C: Turkey Hill ice cream
D: Knob Creek bourbon
JUMPED (A: Knob Creek, which Meredith knew, but Dave was leaning towards Pepperidge Farm)
$250K (Nicknames): The first crash test dummy, used by the Air Force to test ejector seats, was given what nickname?
A: Sierra Sam
B: Eagle Ed
C: Cheyenne Charlie
D: Delta Dan
OUT OF LIFELINES (A: Sierra Sam- he would've missed w/ Eagle Ed)
Q of the Day: While a child in Nazi-occupied Holland, what actress helped the Dutch Resistance by smuggling messages in her shoes?
A: Audrey Hepburn
B: Grace Kelly
C: Natalie Wood
D: Vivien Leigh
$500K (Literature): In Mark Twain's famous tale, which of these was NOT one of the items children gave Tom Sawyer for the "privilege" of whitewashing the fence?
A: Brass doorknob
B: Dead rat
C: Knife handle
D: Indian arrowhead
BAILOUT AFTER ELIMINATING ARROWHEAD & RAT (A: Arrowhead- he would've lost big on the doorknob)
BTW, Paul Reese's a Buzzerblog reader.
EPISODE RATING: 9